TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

^^ Call me crazy but I think X-Flight would fit in better at PKI than it would at MIA. I personally think that it is going to PKI from what I have seen but htis is all just my opinion.

Call me crazy but X-Flight doesn't fit in any park, as it is, as stated, an outdated maintenence nightmare, which pki definitely doesn't need another of (TRTR, Delirium, SoB, IJ:ST, just to name a few attractions that from talking with maintenence guys they wish were never built). I personally wish that Dominator was coming instead, or even Steel Venom. Heck, I'd rather ride Raging Wolf Bobs than wait an hour and a half for X-Flight just to have it break down.

-James Dillaman

PKI needs to scale back the number of rides, and worry about quality. I think the following rides should go:

Top Gun

Face Off

SOB

Vortex

Then they should install a B&M invert, a hypercoaster, and overhaul Racer and Beast.

^I agree with Face/Off being removed because it is always broken, and SoB, but I think Top Gun and Vortex should stay. I think the B&M invert and hyper would be cool, but who wouldn't? People have been saying PKI has needed a B&M for years...but it hasn't happened and it doesn't look, to me, like it will happen anytime soon.

^I agree with Face/Off being removed because it is always broken, and SoB, but I think Top Gun and Vortex should stay. I think the B&M invert and hyper would be cool, but who wouldn't? People have been saying PKI has needed a B&M for years...but it hasn't happened and it doesn't look, to me, like it will happen anytime soon.

I have been to Kings Island many many times and Face/Off is rarely down. The times it has broken down, it has been fixed in a decent amount of time.

I have been to Kings Island many many times and Face/Off is rarely down. The times it has broken down, it has been fixed in a decent amount of time.

I also have seen Face/Off broken many, MANY times. Also it has a tendency to valley....

I was just fantasizing about the park that PKI could be. Obviously, they won't invest the $50-$60 million that it would take to turn PKI's coaster collection into something world class. There's no solid business reason to do so. The park gets excellent attendance, and they do it with crappy rides.

I think a B&M invert would more than make up for the loss of Face/Off and Top Gun. PKI doesn't even take Top Gun seriously. They don't run it on slower days. A solid hyper would certainly make up for the loss of SOB and Vortex.

PKI really needs a change in strategy. They've clearly got more coasters than they can handle. Look at how poorly the Racer, the ride that made the park, is maintained. I think cutting back would help them out.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.pkicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8520&pid=144838&st=735entry144838

Some people without cameras on PKICENTRAL have posted at 2:45pm that pieces of track from X flight are now sitting in the King's Island parking lot. Anyone know if this is a true sighting? Anyone close enough to get a shot? And is it possible for a ride as large as this to be put together before King's Islands opening or at least somewhat close to the April 21st start of season?

I'm with Ellisa here, while B&Ms are more expensive than most companies you would think that the low shipping costs would more than make up for that. I mean come on the manufacturing plant for one of the best designers out there is less than 20 miles away from the park and they have none. Hell i'll tell you the truth though...PKI is one the few parks i'd be fine with if they didn't add a coaster or ride for more than 10 years. They basically have every front covered from coasters (wood and steel), rides (thrill, family and kids), ect. Only thing I could think of really is Wild Mouse and a TRUE hyper (but of course it wouldn't be B&M, I think the mouse would have a better chance being a B&M).

Oh and personally I think moving this ride is a waste of money. This isn't a nickle and dime operation here, moving a ride costs millions. This ride's problems will always be there (and how Zamperla of all companies who's ride are known the be maintance nightmare get it right when B&M or even Vekoma (who you have to admit while crappy don't have much downtime) couldn't).

And are you sure that the shipping isnt so "in house" that the costs are mearly the cost for basics? I kind of doubt that the cost to ship it 3 hours south is the same or difference of that of a B&M.

With new coasters comes alot more planning, design, training, etc. The list is enormous. While I would rather see a B&M flyer in Ohio, moving it out of GL is probably better. It looks like they are going to put more resources into KI than they had at GL. Gl didnt have nearly the maintenance crew to keep it running for more than 4-5 hours at a time.

To be honest, I think the costs theyve spent keeping it running and fixing it would be reason to switch to a better manufacturer. But, they wouldnt move it if it wasnt the best cost efficient method in the long run. Its the basis for everything they are doing ATM.

. This ride's problems will always be there (and how Zamperla of all companies who's ride are known the be maintance nightmare get it right when B&M or even Vekoma (who you have to admit while crappy don't have much downtime) couldn't).

Are you talking about the Volair's being "getting it right"?? Because I've lost count of how many time's I've seen PCW's Tomb Raider break down.

Though when it breaks down it just means that it doesn't torment it's riders for a short time.

My question is, will it open for 2007?

-Carl "Midwest Trip 07!" F.

X-flight might be open during the summer. It all depends on how fast they can get the coaster up and ready for testing. I am sure PKIC will have another fly over before the seasons starts. When is the Midwest Kings Island visit?

We'll be there in August, so if it's open this season, we'll hit it.

Frankly I feel bad for the PKI Virgins as this is only going to make it more difficult to get all the credits. For those of us that have the X-Flight credit though this will only make everything else easier as I'm sure that ride will have a lot of people in line for it!