Toverland Discussion Thread

P. 60: B&M Wing Coaster is part of the 2018 expansion plan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:15 am

Update 9 January

Perhaps you have seen it on the webcam, not the best quality, but that turn can’t be missed. And for those who are counting all the legs: 16 have been put up, bringing the total to 34. Near the parking lot, there are preparations made for concrete, when I left, they had nearly finished one of the two half spheres that hopefully will receive the concrete in a week or so. But returning to the main part of the update: the TURN !

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:26 am

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a real solid grasp of how a woodie is built, but are they already starting to install track before they put in the walk boards?
:?r

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:46 am

It looks like only in the lowest spots where you don't necessarily need much more than a scaffolding.

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:41 pm

http://www.toverland.info/ has new photo's from 1/14
1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
:evil: Incurring the wraith of the title fairy :evil:

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:23 pm

Looking good :D

The track looks a bit "not too smooth" in one of those pics though, could be interesting...

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:41 am

Update 16 January

No big parties of wood assembled this time, we’ll have to wait for that, because nobody was sawing or screwing a new leg together. However, the first part that was put up has received railings on both sides, catwalks on one side, track ties and the base for the track itself has also been assembled.
Also, the big turn is, if the work continues like this, receiving a full lateral bracing. Which probably means it’ll have to handle some high speeds.
Going towards the parking lot, a new area has received concrete, they’ve continued preparing another area for concrete and started preparing a new area for concrete preparation. So it won’t be long before they’ll get their share of concrete.
The roundabout in the last picture, which is located just outside Toverland, will be getting a 33 feet landmark tower which is scheduled to be ready coming summer.

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:29 am

Update 19 January

Sorry for being late, I had kind of a busy weekend, but here’s the update from last Friday. Today my boss at Toverland was giving a tour for interested employees, so I’ve some ‘on-site’ pics.
Work is continuing on the lateral bracing of the turn standing, and ties are also put up. The area at the parking lot has anchors lying on it. and from what I can tell, it’s going to be a big and/or high turn, with lots of speed. It is not clear in the picture, you’ll have to be there yourself to see it better, but in the middle of the turn, different anchors are placed, IMO it’ll become a ‘deadmanspoint’.
And yes, that is me on the 7th pic.

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:04 am

This ride is starting to look really good.

rollermonkey wrote:I'll be the first to admit I don't have a real solid grasp of how a woodie is built, but are they already starting to install track before they put in the walk boards?
:?r

Not exactly. They are placing the initial boards where the track will go. Once they have finished the structure, they'll then start to actually "track" the ride, with the eight or so layers of boards followed by the metal strips of track.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Coasterboy2 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Wel hypper, your not the only dutchman on TPR. So am I. ;)

It's looking good, and it's even taller en longer then Renagade! ;) =)
This will be a hell of a woody. I'm going for toverland his year.... :)

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:43 pm

Oooh! It looks very cool. I can imagine the smell of the freh wood!! :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!