TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

LOL, "Anal rape-age". Seriously, is Walibi Rhone-Alps like the Cypress Gardens of Europe? Rides plopped down in nature with some sort of contaminated lake.

Anyway, a hilarious update... and the sh*t sign is indeed the best sign ever.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good reason just to ride it. If you didn't see the train do the rollback before you got onto the ride, it would be an experience and a half. Hope to see the ride video of that on the next DVD Robb.

Loving the trip updates, keep them coming.

The Old Man...

^ You must inform Duane, because I went there out of curiousity and it is not there.

Good find Kip.

// Now ... the question. Why zamperla?

I got ahold of a Zamperla catalog many, many years back, and Sierra Tonante was listed (with pictures) as their wooden coaster train option.

Why? Zamperla probably underbid everyone else? I think the trains look nice.

-kip-

I'm sorry, but that actually looks fun! Iv'e been on 3 Boomerangs and the only one slightly simular is the Boomerang at La Ronde. It went up the station, like a foot higher than the rest and camer into thw station and just stop!

Well, this is my first post, and I wish I could rememeber exactly where it was. I rode a boomerang in the US that did exactly what is shown in the video. After returning we rolled back and forth through the station multiple times, presumably to burn off the energy. I had only been on this type of coaster once or twice, so I didn't find it strange, but rather a cool ending to such a short ride. The rapidfire clacking of the brakes is a bit unnerving though.

I want to say it was Hersheypark in PA, but I'm not 100% sure. If it was Hershey, then this was back around 1998.

Anyway, thanks for such an excellent site and enjoy the rest of your trip.

I might be crazy, but when I rode Flashback at Six Flags Over Texas in 1992 I think I remember it going back up the spike, all the way out of the station, but then stopping properly without going back into the boomerang. Maybe someone who frequented SFOT back then can tell me I am wrong. It's the way I remember it, and I have only rode two Vekoma Boomerangs. Last year when I rode the one at Worlds of Fun I was dissapointed when it didn't role back up the spike, to me that was the best part of the whole ride. Of course the best part of the ride at Worlds of Fun was when the OTSRs came up and I could get out.

I seem to recall Sidewinder at Hersheypark rolling up the rear spike and being captured by the cable system and lowered slowly into the station when I rode it back in 2002. Could be wrong though. Still the amount of clanking and the huge amount of movement that one has is f***ed up.

And since when did that muddy hole qualify as a "lake"?

ride6

Yes, every boomerang I have seen goes back up the back spike and get's braked to hell coming in the station.

What the video shows is different. The train goes back on the spike, higher than a normal boomerang, doesn't slow down but goes back through the station, up the cobra roll a bit and then back to the back spike. It THEN stops like a normal boomerang.

Do we have to post a video of a normal boomerang???

Honestly that sounded like the pressure was just completely wacky on the brake system. You could hear it pass through every single brake but it wasn't slowing it down at all. Man that has given me an all new reason to worry about Vekoma rides...

Still that one didn't look near as painful as the death boomerang that the Elitches one has felt like... I mean their heads hardly moved when they hit the lift chain section... Sorry but when the whole trains heads snap back it is kinda a bad thing... Yep good old Six Flags Elitch Gardens... (Believe it or not the last few seasons the chain has actually had a jerk somewhere in the middle of the lift...)

Finally a slightly unique Boomerang...and still they aren't happy.

The Pinfari inverted is great. A bit short...but what's there is very smooth and alot of fun. First element is a roll over like the first Vekoma SLC element, but the second half loop is like banked. Very weird.

Oh, and véry comfortable seats.

Every Boomerang I've ever been on (At least 30 of them) has gone a *little* bit out of the station on the return, maybe 10 feet or so at the most,

To bad you didn't go the Tivoli Aalborg two weeks ago. The Boomerang there just brakes, stops and opens the restraints! It's not coming out of the station for an inch! Oke, the Boomerang hadn't run for a few hours and it was quit cold. But anyway, that was cool!

Didn't you ride the cool kniak-knack-Mack powered at Nigloland? Also very cool!

Nice tripreport again! Enjoy France!

Hav'nt seen a Boomerang do that before, kind of cool - lil funky extra, yey!

But it does sound like it's falling apart when it passes through the station, you know the kind of sound, when two cars collide, or someone throws half a ton of scrap metal of a high rise building.

Scraaaaaaape! :?

I think that Gardaland is one of the best Europen theme parks. I´ve been there three years ago and it was great!!! This park is not only about rollercoasters but about great water rides, flat rides, shows, theming... What about Atlantida, Tunga, Rapid River, Colorado Boat, Mad House and other great rides? But in three hours you can´t see it.

I´m sorry for my English, but I have to write it.

And on top of it, the park itself was pretty sad. Most of the rides looked like they were built out in a field with little thought put into path ways, landscaping, or anything. The lake that runs through the park looked more like a malaria infested swamp. Overall, we spent less than an hour, got our credits, and continued the drive.

It's Europe's William's Grove Park!

Oh yeah, the video was hilarious