Photo TR: tokyo Disney and Bangkok

A little bit of tokyo and a lot of bangkokers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Photo TR: tokyo Disney and Bangkok

Postby aslinterpreter » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Hello everyone, my wife april and I went back to asia again this year, we try to get out of the US a couple of times a year and this time we chose Thailand and Japan. Most americans stop at tokyo because they dont want to fly the ectra 7 hours to get to thailand, but it is so worth it! we were supposed to go to this theme park called dreamworld, but we slept thru the time we were going to get picked up by the park to go(jet lag really sucks, even after traveling the world several times i cant figure out how to beat it!) I will post a few pics from thailand because it is such an awesome place then also will post some pics from disney.
our flight was kansas city-dallas-tokyo-bangkok total of about 23 hours in the air. our plane was late into tokyo so we had to spend the night there on the way then took singapore airlines, the number one rated airline in the world, into bangkok. if you have never flown on a foreign airline you are really missing out! they are way above most all US carriers.

The thai people are all very welcoming and will always "wai" to you when passing and say sawadee krup which is like good day. we spend a week and half in bangkok then flew to tokyo for disney. we have been to all the US disney parks but this was a first foreign park for us. we hit disneyland the night we arrived and deisney sea then next day. during both days there we saw a total of 3 non japanese people!!!!! they are crazy about disney in japan!!! and the girls wear tight little mini skirts and high heel boots around the park all day!!!!!! plus all the crazy disney hats and gloves.
this was our first time in japan, we had spend a lot of thime in thailand before, but not in japan. I thought that the Thai people were short, but the Japanese are way shorter! I didnt fit into the hotel bathroom and was tto tall to ride raging spirits, I rode it anyway! We can also speak thai a little but not japanses at all so we had a bit harder time there.
disney sea was awesome, and we loved TOT!!!! Journey was also great and maybe my favorite ride at either park. i shot a video of it but have no idea how to get it up onto the site.

We got to TDS about 20 min before it opened and the crowd was already huge! April took my picute and i look like a giant! EVERYONE ran to TOT to get a FP, the line just to get the FP went way down over the bridge! I have never seen anything like it before! when we rode it, there was only a 45 min wait. we really liked the story line and the ride itself.
Even the characters at the park are short, when i got my picture taken with them, they all acted like I was so tall, and then all the japanses people waiting for thier picture woould just laugh!!! it was also weird that the japanese people wanted to take my picture or have thier pic taken with me.
anyway at TDS we rode, TOT, journey, indy, raging spirits, and that was about it i think. there were so many people there as you can tell by the pictures.

it was weird that TDS had a bunch of weird rules about taking pictures, but when the gates finally opened in the moring, everyone RAN full speed to TOT and nobody said a thing. But then I try to take a picture inside a ride and the are signing camera, then make a big X with their arms??? so sprinting is ok, pictures are not!

if you have any questions about our trip feel free to ask1
Thailand and Tokyo 006 (Medium).jpg
this is Bed Supper Club in Bangkok. you lay in bed and eat dinner while the DJ spins music.
Thailand and Tokyo 007 (Medium).jpg
our bed at bed supper club
Thailand and Tokyo 011 (Medium).jpg
April and two of the chicks at bed supper club
Thailand and Tokyo 018 (Medium).jpg
our hotel, Marriott resort and spa riverside
Thailand and Tokyo 054 (Medium).jpg
all the flags are for the king. he has been on the throne for 60 years and everyone loves him!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 056 (Medium).jpg
flower market
Thailand and Tokyo 049 (Medium).jpg
our cooking school at the Basil restauraunt
Thailand and Tokyo 075 (Medium).jpg
April getting measured for her new clothes. In bangkok, tailored clothes are cheaper than off the rack stuff in the US
Thailand and Tokyo 077 (Medium).jpg
me doing the same thing
Thailand and Tokyo 079 (Medium).jpg
KFC in bangkok. not exactly the same as home. everything is very spicy!
Thailand and Tokyo 090 (Medium).jpg
the bangkok mascot. its a very long story!!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 122 (Medium).jpg
this is the dinner I cooked at the cooking school. it was delicious!
Thailand and Tokyo 128 (Medium).jpg
Food for the monks. if you feed them it brings you good merit. April wasnt allowed to touch them and had to hold my arm as i gave them her food!
Thailand and Tokyo 131 (Medium).jpg
offering the monks food. you have to take your shoes off and stoop down while they pray for you.
Thailand and Tokyo 132 (Medium).jpg
eels that tha thai people eat. we bought some and let them go for more merit. we are baptist so we dont get some of the buddah stuff.
Thailand and Tokyo 163 (Medium).jpg
Sushi??? you see this sight often in the market. you pick your fish and they hack it up right there!
Thailand and Tokyo 190 (Medium).jpg
this is a ypical bangkok shop. we bought stuff to give to the monks in the temple. mostly medicine.
Thailand and Tokyo 197 (Medium).jpg
us and the monk after we gave the medicine and he sprayed water on our heads
Thailand and Tokyo 208 (Medium).jpg
the famous bangkok toilet
Thailand and Tokyo 233 (Medium).jpg
the monkeys were awesome!!! they swam right up to our boat!
Thailand and Tokyo 260 (Medium).jpg
this was our dinner we ate in this house on stilts over the ocean
Thailand and Tokyo 267 (Medium).jpg
house on stilts
Thailand and Tokyo 281 (Medium).jpg
more monkeys
Thailand and Tokyo 286 (Medium).jpg
Thailand and Tokyo 312 (Medium).jpg
this is at mcds, many of the thai people were eating whatever this was
Thailand and Tokyo 324 (Medium).jpg
thai boxing, these kids start when they are 12!!!! we sat ringside and the fights were great!
Thailand and Tokyo 329 (Medium).jpg
more thai boxing
Thailand and Tokyo 339 (Medium).jpg
the only church in bangkok
Thailand and Tokyo 359 (Medium).jpg
bangkok traffic is horrible!!!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 371 (Medium).jpg
this is all the crap we bought in Bangkok. everything is so cheap!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 385 (Medium).jpg
like i said, everyone loves the king!
Thailand and Tokyo 396 (Medium).jpg
the monorail in tokyo. we didnt know you have to pay to ride it. we thought it was the same as the US!!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 403 (Medium).jpg
jack from nightmare before christmas
Thailand and Tokyo 406 (Medium).jpg
we ate a light snack from here. the nachos were weird!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 417 (Medium).jpg
its a small world. it was aprils first time for this at any of the parks
Thailand and Tokyo 420 (Medium).jpg
Thailand and Tokyo 421 (Medium).jpg
Thailand and Tokyo 422 (Medium).jpg
can you find the american????
Thailand and Tokyo 426 (Medium).jpg
what was she wearing???
Thailand and Tokyo 427 (Medium).jpg
right inside TDS. we were standing on a bench for the pic and this guy made us get down. but sprinting to TOT is ok?
Thailand and Tokyo 428 (Medium).jpg
Thailand and Tokyo 436 (Medium).jpg
Thailand and Tokyo 437 (Medium).jpg
my favorite ride!!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 439 (Medium).jpg
inside journey
Thailand and Tokyo 446 (Medium).jpg
raging spirits
Thailand and Tokyo 447 (Medium).jpg
April and me right before they tried to tell me i was too tall to ride!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 455 (Medium).jpg
Tower of Terror. great story line, even tho it was ALL in japanese i still think we figured it out:)
Thailand and Tokyo 464 (Medium).jpg
April in only 5 feet tall and never the same height as the characters!!
Thailand and Tokyo 466 (Medium).jpg
I was on one knee for this pic!!!!!!! thats the height difference between us!
Thailand and Tokyo 469 (Medium).jpg
these girls wanted to take their picture with april. most all the girls did the V for victory sign in their pictures
Thailand and Tokyo 471 (Medium).jpg
a japanese dinsey wedding
Thailand and Tokyo 474 (Medium).jpg
Thailand and Tokyo 478 (Medium).jpg
this bus went less than one block to the monorail station!!!!
Thailand and Tokyo 480 (Medium).jpg
disney bus
Thailand and Tokyo 490 (Medium).jpg
this is me trying to get into our bathroom at the hilton tokyo bay. i look like a giant!!
Thailand and Tokyo 552 (Medium).jpg
this picture is our of order, but this woman sat in our bangkok hotel all day and played music!
Thailand and Tokyo 554 (Medium).jpg
one last picture of the mcdonalds in bkk. hope you enjoyed everything about our trip. Jeffrey and April

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:09 pm

The running thing at Tokyo Disney is one thing that you cannot convey until you see it. People literally sprint and nearly knock each other down once the gates open! For a society that is so polite and nice, it's an odd thing for sure!

Great TR! Very interesting stuff! Thanks for posting.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:20 pm

aslinterpreter, how tall are you by the way? Or is it just that the japanese are very short, and as a result structures such as doorways just aren't built as tall as they are in the US?
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Text me about my Delorean - (559) 940-3525

Postby Ryan King » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:20 pm

I REALLY Enjoyed this report! It really shows what these countries have to offer besides thier awesome amusement parks. Thats one thing I look forward to when I visit other countries, is to see more of the culture and such like you did!

Awesome!

-Ryan

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby restoca » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:36 pm

I have wondered if Togo's coaster trains are designed for smaller people, or if they're just uncomfortable for riders of any height. I've ridden five of them in the US and each time have thought the average Japanese person must be smaller than the average American.

Really enjoyed your interesting photos and narration. I hope you'll share your next adventure as well!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby buttonman700 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:49 am

Great report, thanks for posting.

Out of curiosity, how tall are you? (wanting know sowhen I go I'm not bashing my head into doors!)

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:16 am

Great report!

I went to Bangkok this past summer and was there for the kings actual 60th anniversary. I even made it to Dreamland, as well! Where were you?...reminds me of the "weekend market" swap meet we went too.

As for going to TDR...I envy you.

-Jahan

The Preppy Emo

Postby Blazen_AZN » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:32 am

I Pretty much hate myself.

I went to tokyo a few years back and didn't know there was such thing as DisneySeas. :(

Missed an opportunity to go (didn't even bother with the disney land they had, i knew that was there though).

Nice trip report. Asia is an awsome place and i'd love to go back someday. Preferably one when people aren't paranoid about SARS or somthing.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:35 am

Hey
Nice report :)
I lived in bangkok for a while and love it. its just mad yet everyone is polite and gracious too. its bizzare.

Anyway ive been trying to figure out where that photo of the traffic is taken? From what i can remember it looks like its outside the (HUGE) MBK shopping center where the 2 skytrain lines meet?

I also love the KFC prices over there :) 95baht is about £1.30 ($2.60) for a meal. which is about 3 times cheaper than over here lol

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby aslinterpreter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:30 am

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about the report.

The funny thing is that I am not that tall for here in the US, I am 6'3"!

You are exactly right about the traffic picture! It is at Siam station right by MBK, that was one of our favorite places to shop. I go tmy hair cut in MBK, and it took about any hour becasue half of the time was the scalp, neck, and shoulder massage! All for abuot $8! Then go to eat up on the 6th floor some really good food for about $2 including a Singha!

arrowfanman, we always go to the weekend market to! I have a video of it this year, i have never seen so much different crap being sold in the same place. this guy tried to get me to buy this venemous snake and take it home in an empty pepsi bottle, then when i got to the airport he told me to just put the bottle down my pants and nobody at customs will know i have it! Now, i bought a lot of weird things throughout my years but never a venemous snake in a pepsi bottle!

if you have any more questions let me know!

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive