TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Halloween at MOVIELAND!

First I want to thank everyone from www.theparks.it for this great day!

MOVIELAND is a park themed like a movie set with some cool rides dedicated to some famous movies and a couple of stunt shows.

It opened just 4 years ago so it's not that big but it's pretty fun.

Here's the main entrance:

The Free Fall Tower curse strikes again!

Here's the SBNO HollYwood Tower! It looks pretty cool!!! Too bad it's not open.

FACT: The Hollywood Tower was supposed to be one of the new rides for the 2006 season but it's still closed!

First attraction of the day: TERMINATOR 2. Really cool stunt action show with some nice effects and a really cool and unexpected ending!

Then we went to the HORROR HOUSE: a wolk through dark rides themed as the set of some horror movies. The theming was really well done and the actors really scared me a lot. If it had more actors it could have been better.

Coming up next was MAGMA: an interesting ride around a spanish powerplan on these cool veicles.

Here's a couple of parts of the theming:

"I told you not to let your girlfirend ride your truck!"

Then we went into the area called X-City home of three non X-treme rides: a flat ride called X-Spin, a water ride called X-Splash and a SBNO coaster called X-Speed. X-Speed has just been sold through the ebay!

Here's X-Splash:

and X-Speed: just like Cedar Point!!!

And this is called BACK TO THE BACKSTAGE: a monorail ride around X-City passing next to the backstage of Rambo stunt show.

And here's the backstage:

Now we went to ride the other new ride for the 2006 season: the submarine simulator: U-571.

The theming is awesome and the ride is really realistic. When you get into the submarine you don't have the feeling you are entering in a simuator. Very well dome even there are some spots with no theming at all.

Now, while waiting for the rambo stunt show we had enough time to have a virtual ride on the Hollywood Tower.

It was so much fun: almost like the real ride!!!

And finally the RAMBO stunt show. It was pretty fun: lots of expolsions and lots of gun fighting. Here's a pic of the stage:

After the show all the attraction were closed so we had to leave the park.

Thanks again to every one who made this day a grate fun day!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pictures! Its nice to see the park adding more rides, because there was really a lack of things to do when I was there last year. Hopefully they'll attract more visitors now so they can improve ride operations. And maybe someday they can remove the X-Crap area and build something nice down there instead. Like a coaster maybe.....

Watching the tower I was wondering: are these rides good or not?

How are they compared to the classic free fall towers?

That is the classic freefall tower, an Intamin 1st gen. But to most freefalls, it's about the same, just with painful breaks and it isn't as high.