TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi World

What do you think about the coaster at Walibi World?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the coaster at Walibi World?

• They have the best coasters of Europe!
    • They are pretty cool but not the best!
    • Not very special!
    • Boooring!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love Walibi World but that's because it's very near to my home and it's the only park near my home with some great coasters. My favourite is Goliath because of the stengeldive and lots of airtime. I'm only one thing missing in Walibi, a B&M track, never done one but they seem to be pretty good! But i'm afraid there never will be one in Walibi because Star Parks Inc, bought it and they want to make it a familypark so too bad!

Excuse me if my english isn't very good

Not sure if you know visitor number but Walibi World only gets about 750,000 visitors a year and thats with all the coasters there so I would very much doubt they would be getting any more large coasters.

It just seems strange that Six Flags would spend such a large amount of money on a park that is in the middle of no-where and with such low visitor numbers!

I loved Walibi World and i loved Goliath, but i think there are better parks out there, thow there proberly aren't many better coasters then Goliath out there...

And about the visitor numbers: I went there a few weeks ago and crowds were very light, the only wait more than 10 minutes was El Condor (and thats becouse dumb people think more inversions means more fun), Goliath only had a 10 minute wait and was running one train (!), and remember: it was summer and schools were closed so i was expecting huge crowds. So yeah the park really doesn't get enough people with their current ride offer.

Yeah i heard from a couple of friends who went to Walibi that it was very calm but i think the weather is a great part in that because this summer in holland is probabley the warmest summer in years so people go to the beach instead of themeparks. But if you go to Walibi when there are events like New Years Eve or Halloween the waiting time for attractions is far greater and it is a lot more busy in the park. I was there last year with Halloween and the waiting time at El Condor was one and a half hour!

It wouldnt surprise me to maybe see Goliath moved to Walibi Belgium or whatever its called because that park gets over 2 million visitors a year!

Well, that would make me verry happy but i don't see that happening, yes its true Walibi Belgium gets a lot more visitors, but it just doesn't have room for a coaster like Goliath plus they just put in a new coaster thats giving them enough trouble as it is...

I'm sure Goliath is there to stay, i just think the next investment in Walibi World will be for kiddie rides, and thats good to becouse they need the extra guests to keep the park profitable and keep Goliath open .

But, Walibi World is almost in the middle of holland, and holland is not that big, so from every part in our country i think travelling time with the car is not more than 2 hours. But Goliath won´t be removed from Walibi World, that is and stays a dream for every belgian! Just think about all the work it will take to remove it, only that is already too much, plus Goliath is the coaster everybody comes for to Walibi World!

I love Walibi World, I have been there 4 times in 2 years, only 6 hours drive from the UK. I'm going back there for 2 days at the end of Aug.

It has a sence of "calm" which is quite difficult for a Theme Park these days, all the staff are happy and they smile and wave when the coaster trains are leaving the station.

The staff allow you to re-ride if no-one is waiting for your seat, which most parks do not let you do.

Goliath is stunning in layout and , My No:1 steel

"Robin Hood" is a good Vekoma woodie, but it could of had an "upward rising Helix" to finish instead of a flat straight bit.

It's fast with and hills which you get pulled down and come out your seat, Top Tip: Back seat 3rd hill

The rest of the coasters are ok, but the Park could do with more intresting coasters like a "Spinning" out n back/twister, a B&M Floorless twister.

"Xpress" should have its OHR taken off and just have lapbars.

If your in the area it's well worth a visit.

I really want to go there. It's soo much better then WB. We have Weerwolf, they have Robin Hood, Cobra - La Via Volta, Vampire - El Condor. The only thing we have more is Turbine and Calamity Mine. But can they really compete with Flying Dutchman Gold Mine, Express and Goliath.

The only thing we have better is or giant drop Dalton Terror. That ride kicks ass.

Yeah but actually you can't really compare them with each other cause Space Shot is a "Shot n Drop" and Dalton Terror is a "Free Fall" type. But i've never experienced Dalton Terror, only Space Shot. But i would love to do Dalton Terror!

I've been on both Space Shot and Dalton and i must say Dalton Terror is better. Space Shot is fun with the launch but you only get a short burst of airtime at the top, Dalton Terror doesn't lauch but you get airtime all the way down (on Space Shot but much less). But they're both a lot of fun, so i guess it all depends if you like to be launched or if you rather hang in the air in exitement waiting to fall to the ground. (i prefer the latter)

hang in the air in exitement waiting to fall to the ground.

I really hate the waiting. I once was stuck at the top of DT, and it scared the crap out of me. But I actually love the ride. That waiting is al part of the experience