Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:58 pm

Blazen_AZN wrote:Got to love it when hotels they build a parking Structure right off of your balcony, it make for a great view!

Hope it doesnt look like crap.

Other than that, the concept art looks great! But too often concept art is more of a "we wish... if we had the money" type of design, and is often toned down. Assuming they DO go through with it, though, it would be amazing.

Hey, why hasnt Disney made a fricken Las Vegas Hotel yet?! That would be huge!

Believe me: it will be AWESOME. Tokyo Disney Resort spends the money and it shows everywhere in the park, unlike the stateside parks who try to do things on the cheap too often than not.

The Smiley Face Pizza

Postby Luxo » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:31 pm

URAYASU, CHIBA - A new attraction inspired by Disney’s presentation of Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. will open in "Tomorrowland" in "Tokyo Disneyland Park" in Japanese fiscal year 2009. Guests experiencing the attraction will be able to participate in a game of hide-and-seek at the Monsters, Inc. building with the little girl Boo, Mike, Sulley, and other characters featured in the movie. The attraction will capture the warmth and charm of Boo and the monsters, and is sure to be a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.

Opening: Fiscal year 2009 (tentative)
Attraction Name: To be determined
Attraction Type: Ride-style
Investment: Approximately ¥10 billion (US$85 million)
Additional Facility: New merchandise shop

Man! I know their Monster's Inc. is going to crap all over our's. I can see it now: You'll enter through a life-sized version of the Monster's Inc. factory. Inside, you'll ride a trackless car, and in the door scene you'll be suspended in midair!

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:01 pm

Shockwave wrote:It's probably gonna be the most expensive hotel on the complex as well, as the Disneyland Hotel at DLP is.

I don't know. They don't have a "budget" priced hotel owned by the park itself. The Miracosta is very upscale, and actually mostly inside DisneySea itself. My friend stayed there for three nights. (His in-laws paid.) Just the room alone was over 2,000 dollars! The cheapest room in the place is $300 a night, and that's in the 'low' season!

I don't expect the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to fill the need for a budget hotel, but based on the location, I don't expect it to top Miracosta in prices or amenities/style.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jose Eber » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:52 pm

Huh, I would think Disneyland Gate would make it the most expensive and disney Sea gate one step down?

(kind of like how the closer the hotel is to the most popular park, the more expensive ala Disney World, Disneyland Paris and Disneyland's GC?)

J.

EDIT: Yes, that Monster's Inc ride looks INSANE! 85 million? Oh my word. get me on that thing....keep on having to delay my planned global hoping Disney trip lol.
-

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:04 pm

It looks amazing and if it is anything like the detail at the MiraCosta - I can't wait. I'm excited because I heard Disney Vacation Club members can use points for stays at the MiraCosta in a ratio that makes it a very good deal - I'm actually considering it just for that!

TDL Resorts = Amazing

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:35 pm

Jose Eber wrote:Huh, I would think Disneyland Gate would make it the most expensive and disney Sea gate one step down?

I've been to TDR more than a few times, as I live about 50 miles away. Based on the location map you posted, it is on the outside of the monorail ring which means it's actually a couple hundred yards outside the Disneyland gate. The monorail station itself is about 200 yards from the ticket booths.

Miracosta is about 75% inside DisneySea, and less than 25% of the rooms face outside the park. There is a hotel entrance inside the park and another outside.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Tokyo DisneySea's Tower of Terror

Postby map2 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:54 pm

Ok I was on the intenet last night and decided to look up something about Tokyo's new Tower of Terror coming to the public later this year. I wish I could put a link, but right now my computer is not working right, I think you can get it on Wikipedia. I think a lot of you know that this TOT strays from the Twilight Zone idea. This TOT seems to pay A LOT of attention to theming (like Flordia's version, and to some extent the California version) Unlike the American versions, all of this TOT's queue is all indoors (I think, I'll check on that). So guests walk through the building, which is themed to a New York hotel called the Hightower Hotel. Basically to sum things up, The guests enter a screnning room (like the American versions) and Mr. Hightower appears and says some stuff, then he shows a picture of his idol, which is cursed, some sort of thing happens, and the lights go out but the idol is still there. You then enter to the vault area of the hotel (equivalent to the boiler room). But to me the coolest part is when you face a wall, and you don't see an elevator shaft, the doors open, and the cargo elevator appears. From there its like the California version where the elevator stays in the same shaft.

To me this sounds very cool! I just need the link, but I think you go to Wikipedia, and type in Tower of Terror

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:10 pm

I'm all about the new pre-show theming and stuff, but kind of bummed it's the CA version once you get on the ride. IMO the CA version is really lacking that something "special" that the WDW version has, not to mention how much more lower capacity the CA version is. I really do think the dark ride part of MGM's tower really does add that extra "dimension" (literally) that DCA's is sorely lacking.

Oh well, I'm assuming the "complete" experience will be much better, as the CA version is pretty lacking when it comes to any real story or theming. They basically just stripped down the WDW show to match their lower budget. And I have to assume that DisneySea will do a much better job with throughput because they seem to do so with everything else! ;)

--Robb

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:13 pm

BTW, here is that wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_t ... yo_version

And check out this photo...OMG!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:18 pm

Wow, that looks great. Two thumbs up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!