TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Independence Day Trip

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap that is a long line for Superman.

Superman Ultimate Glide always has that long line and it just baffles me. It can be a crappy rainy day, and still people will wait for that slow loading monstrosity. I've gone on days where KA and Nitros lines both were shorter than Superman Ultimate Glides. I guess people love the trill of uncomfortably gliding at 35 mph after waiting 1 hour plus no matter when you come to the park.

Yes, I hate this ride. Only type of coaster in the world where riding up front offers no advantage whatsoever and totally kills the pretzel loop (the only note-worthy effect of this ride I might add) expierience.

End of whine.

It wasn't really that bad of a line for Superman. If it weren't for the fighting, we would have gotten through it in a half hour.

Anyway, I guess I'll add a few things in here.

HPIM0276.jpg.4c2034f13076b6c51929f614733d3c4d.jpg

Because I just can't get enough El Toro from across the water.

HPIM0293.jpg.54bee5a223a9a0724ec2ab05aa9a78d2.jpg

Here is the gang filling out the paperwork at Security. Notes - They only had one pen in the ENTIRE office, so everyone had to share. And they didn't even have a clipboard, so they had to write on the trash as demonstrated by Joe.

HPIM0292.jpg.3fbf979f8363fdc9d0d79f5a63581498.jpg

This is a picture of Larry pleading his case to Roland the security guard while Joe flashs pictures of the people that roughed Larry up.

HPIM0290.jpg.4493f0db4b820d7a353285ecc950bbd1.jpg

In this picture we have - Joe doing his best ACEer impression, the angry mob, and Larry in his mean sunglasses trying to fend of the angry mob before getting pushed 50 feet up the line.

HPIM0289.jpg.7b146292287c8fca43acf0284ba6cde6.jpg

Here you have the mass of people harassing Larry. This was just before he got the crap kicked out of him by a girl.

Yeah, gotta love the line jumping and the lack of security. Makes me wonder, exactly WHY is the security person the one who cuts off the line at El Toro? Are they the only ones who can count high enough. From what I've seen of Japan, cops and security aren't the ones counting how many people to let on the subways during rush hour, so why does SFGAd feel the need to place the security people in charge of counting the amount of guests to allow onto the ride, instead of having them do actually useful things like stop people from line jumping, smoking, etc.

The war on lines was declared back in 1999, they have up on that after about 5 years and removed pretty much every ride they put in that year. I know last year they were handing out tickets to prevent line cutting on the most popular rides like Nitro, Kingda Ka, and Superman on crowded days. I guess they gave up on safety after just one season, or July 4 isn't considered a crowded day.

Fight the power, Larry, I salute you!

We got tickets on El Toro yesterday, but only in the afternoon, not in the evening and then they didn't even both looking at the numbers on the tickets. They just made sure that you had one. Talk about a waste of money on tickets. I had even gotta a ticket for Nitro a couple of weeks ago and the line was about 30 minutes long. I can see the idea for it, but if it is not enforced then it is really pointless.

SF GADV is one of the worst parks for line cutting. The typical thing that happens is a bunch a loud mouths push up through the line saying they're meeting up with a friend which is always a lie. If you try to stop them you're taking a risk since there is rarely any security in some of the longer queues to back you up. Six Flags shouldn't let the punks control the ride lines; what good are rules if they only hurt the people who abide by them.

Nope, there are actually 4! The one on the precipice of the first drop is kinda hard to see.

It's kind of like filing papers...but with ejector airtime everywhere.

There are worse things than lame jobs. After all, the job will be over next month. A small penis is somethng one has to live with forever!

Joe, your home park is anything but crappy. I dream of having a home park like that.

I think I should rephrase that.. "the park has been run poorly lately".

It's still a good park, in my mind.

SF GADV is one of the worst parks for line cutting.

yeah line cutting is bad there, but ever go to Six Flags America. That has my vote for the worst line cutters. Almost got into a brawl with 5 paroles with ankle braclets. That was alot of fun.

Nice TR, I enjoy the pictures muchly. I don't want to have to wait until next year to find out if El Toro is better than the Voyage!

I've rarely ever seen line jumpers, but I have had an old man push me in line! It was at IOA, not a SF park though. What's with all these violent people? The only pain experienced at a park should be from the SLCs.

El Toro is an incredible ride. I simply cannot imagine what Balder, a coaster which looks even better to me, is like. WOW!!

Just wait a year or two.

Those Intamin-trains will by then have gotten square wheels which turn the ride in something very uncomfortable.

Colossos at Heide Park is terrible, Balder at Liseberg already has quite some bumpy segments and Coaster Express at Parque Warner Madrid (which also uses Intamin-trains) is pure comfort nightmare.

I don't get that idolisation for Intamin.