Photo TR: Independence Day Trip

aka - Voyage?? pffft!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:27 pm

^I knew I liked you Larry! :br

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:27 pm

Anyways, just a little text today, I may add more tomorrow.

During the day at the park, we rode El Toro twice, Medusa once, Mine Train once, Nitro twice, Batman once, the haunted swing once and I believe that is all.

Nitro ran well, better than I had remembered. I think it gives Goliath a good run for its money, as both are quite different and excellent in their own ways.

El Toro is an incredible ride. I simply cannot imagine what Balder, a coaster which looks even better to me, is like. WOW!! Your A$$ is out of the seat forcefully for extended periods of time. The cable lift really adds an odd mystique to the ride, it just doesn't seem right! The first drop is very steep and provides awesome airtime, as do the series of hills going out. Serious airtime unlike the wimpy crap that a lot of rides *cough*Voyage*cough* deliver (score: 1 ET, 0 Voyage). the turnaround is a beatuy to look at an a thrill to go through. The next couple of hills weren't too insane but still delivered better air than 90% of other woodies out there.. but then, the hill of all hills. It took me by suprise and left me wondering what the hell just happened. The twister section, while good (and better than a certain coaster in Indiana), it still just doesn't stand up well against the first half, and I think a select few rides (Thunderhead, Boulder Dash) are better at being out-of-control. Still pretty damn good.

Houdini's.. as I told 'Hercules'.. the ride simply confused me. I kinda liked it, but it just puzzles me.

The other rides - not worth a comment.
IMG_1130.JPG
Welcome to Great Adventure, home of a 456' tall penis with ED issues
IMG_1133-1.JPG
Oh, and they have ANOTHER broken Intamin ride.
IMG_1210.JPG
Nitro was the lick today.
IMG_1144.JPG
They took out a schwarzkopf ride for a smoking section? lame.
IMG_1151.JPG
Hey, I see a new woodie.. and its actually running! =)
IMG_1147.JPG
I'll admit that I may have been the only person not to spot the funny part of this picture right away
IMG_1167.JPG
Nice.
IMG_1161.JPG
THE hill (and man.. I had a bad day with the camera)
IMG_1171.JPG
Those three letters should never leave the internet...
et.jpg
Toro's ops have definately improved
IMG_1184.JPG
After seeing this, I immediately enlisted.
IMG_1185.JPG
It had a bit more rattle than I remembered, but I still think its an awesome ride.
IMG_1190.JPG
Only lame-ass G-Adv TRs dont include a turtle photo..
IMG_1192.JPG
:insert dumbfounded look:
IMG_1195.JPG
Yet another SF parade.. yet another park that has much better stuff than my crappy homepark =(
IMG_1194.JPG
This is where the sad part of the day begins.. hey, SFOG, why the hell did you have to take out the Gasp? Is "pulling a Knotts" a desireable thing?
IMG_1201.JPG
Hey, SFOG, why the hell did you have to take out the Looping Starship. Oh, wait, I almost wouldnt care if we weren't WEAK with the fltas =(
IMG_1202.JPG
I think the L could have been removed today
IMG_1203.JPG
Note group of people trying to cut in line.. also note Larry determined not to let that happen. Best of all, when they finally got past us and we reported them, security did nothing.
IMG_1212.JPG
I miss you!!
IMG_1174.JPG
That's all for this trip report! I hope you enjoyed, and this is one last shot of a beauty of a coaster.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:42 pm

Ahhh, the Intamin Woody Airtime....
balderair.jpg
Every park needs to get an Intamin Woody NOW!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:39 am

I simply cannot imagine what Balder, a coaster which looks even better to me, is like.

It's kind of like filing papers...but with ejector airtime everywhere.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:41 am

^Joey is going for the top of the list! =)

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:20 am

Holy crap that is a long line for Superman. You got to love line jumpers, they really try hard to ruin your day, don't they? I am glad I am not considered a lame-ass since I did include a turtle in my Photo TR....whew!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:25 am

Serious airtime unlike the wimpy crap that a lot of rides *cough*Voyage*cough* deliver (score: 1 ET, 0 Voyage).

=)

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:31 am

Erik Johnson wrote:Holy crap that is a long line for Superman.

Superman Ultimate Glide always has that long line and it just baffles me. It can be a crappy rainy day, and still people will wait for that slow loading monstrosity. I've gone on days where KA and Nitros lines both were shorter than Superman Ultimate Glides. I guess people love the trill of uncomfortably gliding at 35 mph after waiting 1 hour plus no matter when you come to the park.

Yes, I hate this ride. Only type of coaster in the world where riding up front offers no advantage whatsoever and totally kills the pretzel loop (the only note-worthy effect of this ride I might add) expierience.

End of whine.

I yelled at Elissa and now I have a crappy title!

Postby ScOtT k » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:13 am

Joe, your home park is anything but crappy. I dream of having a home park like that.

White Castle fries only come in one size

Postby Bubba Z » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:22 am

^^ Those are the reason why you should love S:uf , not hate it.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive