TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

...there are cool looking braces on the outsides of the tracks in that spot

Any chance someone could get an image of the changes to the drop (without breaking the park rules of course)? I'd be interested to see how significant the changes are.

Lightning Rod opened with the park today. 1 train, but only running a max 10 minutes wait. Everything feels about the same speed and comfort wise. The launch does feel just a little less intense, but it ends the same with a wicked amount of steam left at the end. I also noticed the oil pan in the station was no longer there. Maybe they took off the self Oiler when adding the smaller front. Also the big news at the park are the Pumpkin Spice Dots!

C00B439C-9BE0-400F-BF71-55326955BD7B.thumb.jpeg.b107e57e3017442b1bf1488895f913f5.jpeg

The wait is crazy!

F40AA946-37E4-4B67-924E-8EC8214CB391.thumb.jpeg.8d1c74ee490e1fd9ad680ccc22f086b7.jpeg

Huge News

It was closed all day yesterday to and tested last night but no water dummies.

Other news. Mystery Mine closed today. Testing tonight with water dummies. Probably change wheels out due to the colder weather.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hopefully those are better than the apple Sunday! Last year the apple Sunday was amazing! They used real Carmel but this year they just use ice cream liquid Carmel. The real carmel apple carmel was much much better last season.. I looked forward to the apple Sunday the most during my trip lol!!!

As for the oiler, someone mentioned they were moved to the back of the train earlier this season. There is something on the back that looks like an oiler. Not sure though

Lightning Rod opened with the park today. 1 train, but only running a max 10 minutes wait. Everything feels about the same speed and comfort wise. The launch does feel just a little less intense, but it ends the same with a wicked amount of steam left at the end. I also noticed the oil pan in the station was no longer there. Maybe they took off the self Oiler when adding the smaller front. Also the big news at the park are the Pumpkin Spice Dots!

Mystery Mine is back up and running. Lightning Rod seems to be doing great as well! Only 15 minutes of down time since it opened back up and that was for a protein spill.

I remember while boarding during testing, a guy got off and puked in the garbage can at the top of the steps right in front of where all the techs from RMC, Irvine Ondrey, and DW all standing there watching him. After he was done they all looked at each other gave a look that said, "Mission Accomplished!' It was hilarious to watch.

Heading to Dollywood for Christmas this year!

Any can't miss things in Pigeon Forge? We are spending 2 days at the park and 3 nights at Dreammore. The park is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so looking for things to do on the 24th.

Thanks!

There are a ton of mountain coasters nearby. My favorite two are the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster and the one at Goats on the Roof. They're open in December, but I'm unsure if they close near Christmas.

I love Hillbilly Golf. Last year they did open in December on a Saturday, but their hours are irregular.

Downtown Gatlinburg is also nice to walk around and you have the Smoky Mountains too.

So it sounds like Dollywoods new coaster is customized a little. The new video calls it the "largest and fastest in it's family of rides". I don't really like that marketing for it but hey, we at least know it's bigger than all like it!

But I guess technically it might not be faster than it's other clones if it's just the largest and fastest model! But hey with the art showing two trains that means it's probably larger than others

Just got back from the park. If you can get down and ride LR since it’s re opened. It absolutely hauled today from start to finish and the launch packs a punch. I did get some air at the top as well. The pot hole was gone, and the quad down’s ejector is even more intense if that’s even possible.

I'm just hoping against hope that it manages to hold out until early December. The family and I are going to be taking off a week and are heading back down that way for an early Xmas vacation. Fingers crossed!

Just incase anyone is curious, here’s a photo that has been circulating around on facebook showing the difference between the train fronts:

f1d60fcc-973b-4c66-9298-a82d27c594e5.jpeg

Ewwww, nooo!!!

Like yes, I'm glad it's back up and workingish... But the new front of the trains looks like a massive downgrade.

Not that it will affect the ride at all... but still.

Just incase anyone is curious, here’s a photo that has been circulating around on facebook showing the difference between the train fronts:

f1d60fcc-973b-4c66-9298-a82d27c594e5.jpeg

Ewwww, nooo!!!

Like yes, I'm glad it's back up and workingish... But the new front of the trains looks like a massive downgrade.

Not that it will affect the ride at all... but still.

Honestly when I rode Monday night, I glanced and was like “Ok that’s the new front? Ok cool looks lighter.” Never paid any more attention. I think it’s because ever other time I’ve ridden it I’ve slowly watched everything be removed from the other. (Lights, Tires, Bumper). If you do ride in the front you get this track view that adds an extra edge which is cool too.

Yes it’s different, but trust me. In person, it’s not as bad as people are making it. I’d rather a working coaster that hauls and performs all the time with a smaller hood, rather than one that’s down and tears it’s decorative hood up.

Well. Here it is. 2019 operating schedule.

CD6A52B8-53B4-4E29-A465-8393C8AAED50.jpeg.cb7020794fb3bd112842345c28220082.jpeg

Notible changes;

In March, The park will close at 6:00pm instead of 7:00pm, except on Saturdays, the park will now close at 8:00pm instead of 9:00pm.

For April, May and first part of June, on Saturday’s the park will now close at 8:00pm instead of 9:00pm

During the Dollywood Summer celebration, the park will close at 9:30pm instead of 10:00pm.

For the Dollywood Harvest Festival and the GREAT Pumpkin LumiNights, in October the park will be closed on Tuesdays.

And Dollywood’s Splash Country

C7D132B8-B00C-48BC-882D-EF798F2A7F3D.jpeg.b586578ad98a97ae02a67214ea3c0ba4.jpeg

Changes:

The park will no longer close at 8:00pm on Saturdays in July.

The last week of August the park will only be open Sunday and Saturday.

Subject to change though. As you know they made a bunch of changes to 2018’s schedule before the season started.

LR and MM didn't open with park today. Maybe the rain.

Saw LR launch just after 10:30 but app still says TC.

Waiting for rain to clear out before walking over.

Thats been the case for several days this week involving LR not opening with the park.

On another note, I came across some pictures on twitter showing more track pieces that have arrived for Dragon Flier, including some support pieces as well. The supports look to be a dark green color.

LR and MM didn't open with park today. Maybe the rain.

Saw LR launch just after 10:30 but app still says TC.

Waiting for rain to clear out before walking over.

Thats been the case for several days this week involving LR not opening with the park.

On another note, I came across some pictures on twitter showing more track pieces that have arrived for Dragon Flier, including some support pieces as well. The supports look to be a dark green color.

Light Green. The whole coaster is practically there

Light Green. The whole coaster is practically there

Yes, the track is light green but the picture I saw of the supports showed a darker green. It could’ve just been the angle, though. Hopefully this means that it won’t be too long before vertical construction will begin of the coaster.

Looks like the pre sale price for next year season passes will be around $126. Last year prices was 108 if you bought them early. They are offering a new 9 month payment plan for those who sign up early to make it only 14 per month per a letter I received in the mail yesterday. Disappointed that they are cutting evening hours next year with the new land being designed to be awesome in the dark with all the cool lighting on the big tree and throughout. Wish they would go back to 10 weekdays and Midnight on Friday and Saturday in the summer. Side note noticed a trend the last 4 days of lightning Rod going TC multiple times throughout the day. Seems to be getting more frequent again. Not a good sign