TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^Did they say it won't open until June somewhere? Because pre-announcement they mentioned what they were teasing would open January 12. But then somebody else said that was a different attraction (Pirates of the Deep Sea?).

Regardless, doesn't matter to me... I'm just trying to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt that their marketing isn't intentionally misleading... But, I mean... We all know it probably is, so...

^Did they say it won't open until June somewhere? Because pre-announcement they mentioned what they were teasing would open January 12. But then somebody else said that was a different attraction (Pirates of the Deep Sea?).

Regardless, doesn't matter to me... I'm just trying to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt that their marketing isn't intentionally misleading... But, I mean... We all know it probably is, so...

Actually they never said it was going the be anything in particular except that a new ride was going to open on Jan 12th... I was at the diamond event and the park pres said pirates of the dark sea would be Jan 12th and joker's wild card would be mid June... And for.diamond members there will be a new years bash and the chance to ride the pirates ride right after midnight... Park pres was very careful in what he gave out in clues... Like saying that the new ride wouldn't be a giant Discovery.. it's actually a giga Discovery

• 4 weeks later...

quick 3 hour visit to the park today, on a very overcast (but no rain) day.

Scream operated off and on during my visit, and looked like Iron Rattler was not gonna open at all (no staff on the ride, and not even someone stationed out front by the chained off queue to talk to people -- an operator elsewhere noted to me it was because of "weather"). .but I dunno. . . it never rained, and Skyscreamer operated all day.

didn't stay late enough for any of the mazes to open (I was only there from 12:30-3:45), but the majority of the decorations are decent (a few are just awful tho. . but I think those were scarezone areas, so it's more about the live actors they would have out later, than decorations, right?

I'll give SFFT kudos for the mazes all being free and included with admission - as noted on the FrightFest Maps. But yeah, several places selling "skip the line" passes for the mazes too. as noted, can't comment on quality, as I left before any of the mazes or scarezones (or shows, for that matter) started on this overcast Sunday.

park wasn't slammed, but was fairly crowded. .ang I'm going to temper my above "kudos" with a SHAME ON THEM:

Goliath, Poltergeist, RoadRunner Express - all running ONE train (and pulling decent lines. . tho no Flash Pass lines)

Also running *one* train? Wonder Woman. yep. . . 8 people per cycle, with a huge line.

I understand it's a new coaster, and there will be downtime (and it has broken down repeatedly every time I've been, including today). . but only one train? on the newest coaster?

really smells like a ploy to sell Flash Pass (the kiosk to sell them, and the lines at each ride for it were pretty empty today).

at least Superman was running two trains (other than Pandemonium, which seemed to be cycling 4 cars, it was the only coaster with more than one train on a Fright Fest day, when the park is open until 10).

also of note, several areas of the park just reeked of Garbage and/or sewage. Not sure if they have an issue, or what. it certainly wan't "Fright Fest" theming, and it was disgusting.

might come back in a few days with pics, as I did like a lot of the decorations and took a bunch of pics. .but for now, I'll note that in ~3 hours, in addition to eating lunch and also standing in line to get a milkshake at Johnny Rockets, i rode:

Goliath

RoadRunner Express

Superman Krypton Coaster x2

Fireball

Hurricane Force 5

Poltergiest

Carousel x2

oh. .they have a lot of signage up about the new Joker Pendulum ride, and I did hear a lot of people talking about it. (tho way more complaining about the line for Wonder Woman, and that Iron Rattler wasn't open).

I'll be back in a few weeks (with the spouse) to redeem our 2019 passes, and have already informed him that we will be staying until after dark on that day so I can check out a maze or two. hopefully operations have improved by then, as crowds will get bigger closer to Halloween.

I was in Austin for a conference and finally got to visit Fiesta Texas for the first time last Saturday. I really enjoyed the park and the lines were pretty short for the most part. It was overcast and cloudy most of the day, so that may have kept people away. I was primarily interested in riding Wonder Woman and IRat but I came away very disappointed that IRat was closed all day. I didn't see anything on their website about it being down and none of the employees I spoke to knew why it was closed. Just seems strange to me to have your marquee ride closed during Fright Fest.

On a brighter note, Wonder Woman was absolutely fantastic and I was able to get 8 rides on it. Since I was a single rider, I was usually able to move up a few trains and jump into the back seat. The airtime is crazy intense (almost Skyrush level) and I loved the single file seating arrangement. The shoulder straps dug into me a bit, but it felt like I would be flung out of the train without them. The ride is a little short, but it's just non-stop airtime and craziness. The only downer with WW was the reliability. The damn thing couldn't run for more than 20-30 minutes without breaking down. Maintenance was usually able to get it back up after a small delay, but it was pretty frustrating to have it constantly break down all day. I don't know if it's been like this all season or if I just caught it on a bad day. It finally went down for good around 8pm and didn't open back up. I really hope they can get the reliability issues fixed as it's a killer little coaster that I would love to see cloned to the rest of the smaller parks like SFStl and SFDK.

I managed to hit up all of the other coasters during my breaks from WW except for Pandemonium, which was down all day as well. Nothing else really stood out to me except for Superman, which has become my favorite floorless coaster. It's so cool how they used the quarry wall and how the ride interacts with it. It was super smooth and had a great combination of elements. I rode it twice during the day and then went back for a couple of night rides when WW shut down, and the night rides were fantastic. I also really liked the drop tower, which was running a combo program--which I don't see in a lot of drop towers anymore.

Overall it was a great visit despite IRat being down, so I will just have to plan a trip back to the park sometime in the future. My final ride tally for the day:

WW x8

Superman x4

Scream x2

Goliath

Batman x2

Poltergeist x2

Road Runner

Boomerang

Hi guys! Next Saturday I'm going to be making my first trip to SFFT. I'm aware that it's a Saturday and it's Fright Fest, so I'm already planning on going for Flash Pass Platinum for my visit. I'm just curious if anyone has had experience with the crowd levels on Columbus Day weekend? I'm not terribly concerned with crowds, and even arriving at the park an hour after opening I'll still have 12.5 hours to ride everything; I was just wondering if I should be anticipating a sea of people or not. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this park, I've read many great trip reports that have come out of it.

in my experience, crowds are really hit or miss. tho now that the Waterpark section is closed for the season, everyone will be in the rest of the park (if you go on a hot day in the summer, the waterpark pulls a lot of the crowd during the afternoon heat)

but I will note for you that Poltergeist almost never opens with the park (something to do with the launch system needing time to warm up. . or something like that). . . so keep an eye on it over there ~2 hours after park open, and if you see it going, head over. They've been operating with only 1 train, so waits can get long. (tho if you're doing Flash Pass, it does dump you right into the station to bypass the line).

Hopefully you have better luck with Iron Rattler. .it was down all last weekend, but maybe will be open for you. They seem to shut it down for any wind, due to concerns about vallying, but it's a great coaster.

For all of you who are more familiar with SFFT... Maybe you can answer my question. We have been planning for a while to head down to the park this weekend to check out Golden Shower Coaster, and all the other great things the park has to offer! However, looking at the forecast it looks like it's going to be an AWFUL weekend to be there:

safa.png.8c3be9cd5d3d481d356ef140ed1db894.png

Yeah, yuck.

So since we can't reschedule our trip... What is the parks rain policy like? Do they take more of a Cedar Point approach and shut everything down in the slightest drizzle, or do they take more of a BGW approach and still run everything in hurricane style rain?

With the forecast looking like it does, would it even be worth going to the park (assuming the rain would keep most peeps away) or would we be better off finding something else to do in town, and not waste our time??

in my experience, the only things that will shut down in light rain are Poltergeist, the log flume, and Batman (S&S freespin).

a bigger concern is any wind. . will shut down Poltergeist, Iron Rattler, Scream, and skyscreamer. . .and because Fiesta is in a quarry, sometimes it can seem not too windy, but it is windy within the park.

that said, that's just MY experiences. . I'd go regardless, and think the rain chance will keep most of the crowds away.

For all of you who are more familiar with SFFT... Maybe you can answer my question. We have been planning for a while to head down to the park this weekend to check out Golden Shower Coaster, and all the other great things the park has to offer! However, looking at the forecast it looks like it's going to be an AWFUL weekend to be there:

[attachment=0]safa.png[/attachment]

Yeah, yuck.

So since we can't reschedule our trip... What is the parks rain policy like? Do they take more of a Cedar Point approach and shut everything down in the slightest drizzle, or do they take more of a BGW approach and still run everything in hurricane style rain?

With the forecast looking like it does, would it even be worth going to the park (assuming the rain would keep most peeps away) or would we be better off finding something else to do in town, and not waste our time??

So in my experience... 40% chance means that you will have a great day without many crowds and Manbey like a 10 to 50 min shower... Also if you look up the forecast for the fiesta texas it is showing Friday as clear for the entire afternoon

Accuweather is calling for 1-2 hours of rain on Saturday and none on Sunday (though other weather sites disagree). It may not be too bad.

a bigger concern is any wind. . will shut down Poltergeist, Iron Rattler, Scream, and skyscreamer. . .and because Fiesta is in a quarry, sometimes it can seem not too windy, but it is windy within the park.

Yeah, Fiesta Texas has the most unimaginably asinine wind policy on earth. Those green, yellow and red lights in the stations are super stupid and wind shutdowns often only last 5 minutes.

When we were there they would usually get a red light, empty the train, send the empty train during the brief period of high winds giving it the best possible chance to valley (in theory, though the temperature pretty much guaranteed that nothing would valley that day), then by the time it came back the light would usually be green again and they'd load the next train.

Also, it was 105 degrees and the rides had been running for about 9 straight hours. Even the empties hauled despite the "high winds" and at that point they probably wouldn't have valleyed if they encountered a hurricane force headwind.

Fiesta Texas makes Cedar Point's wind policy seem reasonable.

^, ^^, and ^^^

Thank you all for the feedback! Looks like we are still going to give the park a go, and just make the best of it!

Hopefully we can score at least one ride on Golden Shower Coaster to see if it's as amazing as everyone makes it out to be!

^, ^^, and ^^^

Thank you all for the feedback! Looks like we are still going to give the park a go, and just make the best of it!

Hopefully we can score at least one ride on Golden Shower Coaster to see if it's as amazing as everyone makes it out to be!

Have fun. . gonna miss you by a week (we'll be back on Sat 10/13).

if you do FlashPass (which I think you always do, right?).. you'll get lots of rides on Wonder Woman. .it's great!

Have fun. . gonna miss you by a week (we'll be back on Sat 10/13).

Damn! We should have timed it a bit better so we could have been there at the same time.

if you do FlashPass (which I think you always do, right?).. you'll get lots of rides on Wonder Woman. .it's great!

For as long as I can remember we have always gotten a FlashPass, and we have always bought them before we head to the park. But this time we are taking a different approach... Given that the weather is going to be pretty sketchy looking we are going to wait till we get to the park to see if we will even need them!

So excited for Wonder Woman! I can't wait! And my partner is a HUGE fan of the freespins, so I'm looking forward to him getting to enjoy Batman! (We are also going to hit up SFOT on Monday evening, so hopefully this is going to be a great trip!)

^ the booth that sells them is right next to the Boomerang: Coast to Coaster (just to the right of it).

so when you come in, just go straight ahead until you bump into boomerang (but don't actually RIDE it. .LOL), and there's where you purchase, if you need to

Wonder Woman was single use when we went earlier this year on all levels. Is that no longer the case?

pretty sure they changed it based on level of FlashPass. (and fame typically gets the highest level version, if I'm recalling).

Not 100% sure tho, since I don't get FlashPass at Fiesta, since we go often enough.

the FP line at Wonder Woman is always almost nothing tho. . . so maybe it is only single use? It's hard to tell since it's not even on the main site list : WW is listed as "coming soon: single use" on the actual purchase page when you click "buy now". . but that's for all 3 levels.. . . so I THINK it might be unlimited for Platinum version.

but I'm not really sure - I absolutely could be wrong, and it's still only one time even for Platinum level.

That's how it was a few months ago (one use on all levels). We got a Flash Pass but went to Wonder Woman at rope drop anyway to get a bonus ride in.

When I was there a few weeks ago, WW was single use on all levels of flash pass. I was going to get a FP that day, but with IRat down and WW only being single use, I decided to skip the FP. But if you head straight back to WW at rope drop, you should be able to get at least 2-3 rides in before it gets much of a line.

Just got off WW... HOLY CRAP!!! She is amazing!!! I am jealous of all of you who have this at your home park!!

ain't it great?

How were the crowds? did you need to get FlashPass?

How were the crowds? did you need to get FlashPass?

Crowds were decent, but manageable. We didn't end up needing a FlashPass, which was nice. We ended up waiting about 30(ish) minutes for Wonder Woman, which was by far the longest line in the park. The only reason I wish we would have had a FlashPass would be so that we could have done more. Waiting in lines sure cut into how many things we got to enjoy. But at the end of the day, it was still a great trip!!