TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Just get a flash pass.

I have KD and BGW season's passes, forget that. Of course I went to BG last Sunday and KD is only a regular 8 pm close this Sunday, so I was thinking this would be the best time for SFA -- I can't really go any days but Sunday. The Gold flashpass is $50 (the haunted houses already cost $20); one could bring a friend on a normal day for a $42 ticket. It seems odd to complain about a freebie, but this really seems to favor locals, who can almost surely find someone to bring. And you guys make it sound like no freebie at all, because it's not a good time to be there.

However, the weather forecast for Sunday is cold and rainy, maybe instead of mobbed, the added crowds will keep them from closing early?

With Fire Hawk getting removed from KI, could Batwing be next in the future? The maintenance guys did say it was a “maintenance nightmare”, and that’s probably why it’s closed for the rest of the season.

I'm guessing that they have trouble getting replacement parts from Vekoma? I mean, the Flying Dutchman's aren't bad rides, just lying on my back and staring into the sun isn't a great start to a ride.

And if Batwing does get chopped up, does a Raptor or T Rex go in it's place?

Packed in here

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm guessing that they have trouble getting replacement parts from Vekoma?

Why would you guess that? Vekoma is still in business and the model is still available for purchase.

https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/experience-thrill-coasters/flying-dutchman

A park halfway across the country owned by a completely different company removes a coaster so this means you guys are getting a RMCraptor?

dead-laughing-o.gif.fff99f92adf4177c9ebb21c8b4552f83.gif

Haven't ran the train for Fright Fest in years.

In fact, the train hasn't really run much this year at all.

As for the Haunted Attractions, I really prefer the older route they did for Hall Manor: The Return of Eleanor (where it would enter/exit by the Batman Arena; and give a better view of the ruins of the house)

A park halfway across the country owned by a completely different company removes a coaster so this means you guys are getting a RMCraptor?

Welcome to the logic of a SFA Fanboy.

Packed in here

I took these that day, but didn't post. My bad, I guess..lol. Yes, I took that photo of Pirate's Flight. Never have I seen it with a wait.... in the last 6 years.

I'll give you busy... or crowded even... but packed?

reachin.gif.bed2147ec3e6c75697d92d3b6c425c67.gif

Haven't ran the train for Fright Fest in years.

In fact, the train hasn't really run much this year at all.

As for the Haunted Attractions, I really prefer the older route they did for Hall Manor: The Return of Eleanor (where it would enter/exit by the Batman Arena; and give a better view of the ruins of the house)

That train has run everytime that I've been there, at least.

Packed in here

I took these that day, but didn't post. My bad, I guess..lol. Yes, I took that photo of Pirate's Flight. Never have I seen it with a wait.... in the last 6 years.

I'll give you busy... or crowded even... but packed?

[attachment=0]reachin.gif[/attachment]

I consider packed having to turn sideways to continually get around folks. I do see your point though. It's just the way that I talk. It was very crowded. Guarantee the same will be for this weekend. It's going to be very nice out.

• 2 weeks later...

I went this Sunday and it was packed because it was the last bring a friend for free day. I stayed for about 6 hours and only did superman, jinx, roar, and 2 mazes. I haven’t seen the park this crowded in almost 6+ years.

Rides: operations were pretty good. The best I’ve seen in a while. Every coaster had about a 30-45 min wait with two trains. Also, batwing, minderaser, and of course, apocalypse were closed. IMO, roar definitely has gotten rougher, but it is still bearable.

Awakening: it was so much better when it was at the smaller celebration stage. Now that it’s in Gotham arena, it does not have the same effect and sometimes it’s hard to hear. Also, they’re always having mic problems. The show it’s self was better years ago with Eleanor being featured. This show this year just seems like it was last minute and thrown together. On a more positive note, Gotham arena was jam packed, never seen it so crowded before.

Mazes: I only got a chance to do two, but I did most of them two weeks ago.

Aftermath: 5/10. Decent scares and a slight improvement from last year, but still one of the worst in the park. Also very short.

Total damnation: 7/10. A couple good scares. Has potential, only if it were longer with a few more actors.

Twisted fairytales: 4/10. I think it’s time to change the “theme” to this maze and come up with a new concept. I went on this maze two weeks ago when it was barely anyone in the park, so maybe they were understaffed, but it was literally 4 actors in there and I did not startle once. Everything was predictable and they didn’t change anything.

The crypt: 4/10. Basically the same thing as spider outbreak from last year. Same layout and everything, just take away spiders and that’s what you get. I also went on this when the park was empty so I had the same issue as twisted fairytales, barely any actors. My favorite part was inflatable walls. Not scary.

Voodoo curse: 8/10. I always looked forward to this one. They somehow pull off decent scares with the limited amount of space they have with the maze being built on the midway. Years ago this had more of a Mardi Gras theme, but this year it was kinda random.

Haunting of Hall Manor: N/A. I have not done this one yet due to limited time. However, I’ve done it every year before and it remember it regressing. My issue last year was that the layout was weird and they made the groups way too big and at some point, you would catch up to another group. It would be 20+ people all together and no one getting scared. Hopefully they made some changes and improved this year.

Overall, I don’t understand why they increased the price of the Haunted house passes so much compared to last year. For season pass holders, it’s $18 and for non it is $23. If I didn’t have a season pass, I wouldn’t have bought it. If you do not do all 6 mazes in one night, it is a waste of money. $18 feels like a rip off for the quality that they are producing. The theming is terrible, the costumes look like they came from party city, and the acting is mediocre. The scare zones are also a joke this year. Everything just seems out of place, cheap, and no effort put into it. Maybe I’m just getting older, but almost none of the actors on the streets were scary. I can really tell their costume budget was low. If the park is gonna have 6 mazes open for only 3 hours on a crowded day, the park should stay open at least until 11pm in Sundays and 12 on Saturdays.

Side note: has one been to kings dominon’s hallloween haunt and can they compare? I’m thinking about checking it out but I want to know if it’s worth it or not. I also heard you don’t have to pay for their mazes. Can anyone confirm this?