3. Shambhala - PortAventura

4. Taron - Phantasialand

5. Helix - Liseberg

6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park

7. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park

8. Lech Coaster - Legendia

9. Silver Star - Europa-Park

10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Also, Balder is no longer in my top 10. While the airtime was still amazing, it was running much slower than I remembered. Full details will be discussed in my trip report.

After returning from the U.S. trip tour, here is my new list:

1) Fury 325/Carrowinds

2) Gatekeeper/Cedar Point

3) Top Thrill Dragster/Cedar Point

4) Millenium Force/Cedar Point

5) Skyrush/Hershey Park

6) Twisted Timbers/SFOG

7) I 305/King's Dominion

8) Tatsu/6 Flags Magic Mountain

9) Goliath/SFOG

10) Superman/6 Flags Magic Mountain

Honorable Mentions:

Storm Runner/Hershey Park

Mindbender/SFOG

Intimidator/Carrowinds

Steel Vengeance/Cedar Point

Time for an update. I really cannot decide on an order anymore so I will just list the first ten totally awesome, amazing coasters I can think of that I wouldn't mind riding at this exact moment.

Skyrush

El Toro

Intimidator 305

Fury 325

Maverick

Railblazer

Twisted Colossus

Kingda Ka (front row only)

Millennium Force

Nitro

Honorable mentions: X2, Tatsu, Superman the Ride, Joker (SFDK), Wicked Cyclone.

I don't typically rank, much less in order, but will try to make this somewhat according to preference:

1. Steel Vengeance. I am an air time, steep hills, out-and-back junkie, and this coaster had all that (well, except the out and back part) AND cool inversions and twisty stuff as well. AND it was comfortable. Is there anything it can't do??! A dream ride.

2. El Toro: The opening drop, and then the ejector air on those two hills is heaven - a 1-2-3 punch to the gut. And then the low to the ground finale is excellent. It really does ride like a bucking bull, trying to throw you out of the train. My mind was blown when I first rode it. Naturally, I envisioned carbon copies of this all over the amusement park world. Naturally, I was dead wrong, as usual. No one can explain to me why (perhaps the Merlin people can?)

3. SFNE Superman/ Bizarro - For the air. And the scenery. And the shitty one-train operations, of course.

4. Wodan - Europa Park. I know there are "better" woodies out there, but there is just something about the crazed pacing of this that feels out of control and always puts a smile on my face (and a bruise on my ribs). The surprise hit of the park for me.

5. Millennium Force - I have come to love it over time (when I didn't at first). The view, the first drop, the length, the speed. It's "easy" in a good way. Even graceful . . . .

6. Iron Rattler - SFFT. Too short, but it does what it does well in that short period of time, and that twisting first drop is epic in the back seat, and then the final drop into the tunnel off the quarry wall is nirvana.

7. Thunderbolt - Kennywood. Love the use of the ravine, the air, and the beginning of it, especially. A classic. Rides like history.

8. Coaster - Vancouver Playland. Can almost ride it standing up. Love the smell of grease, and the massive air on it. Deceivingly good.

9. Maverick. Sometimes good things come in short packages. But not often. (oh, that didn't write well....) You know what I mean.

10. Matterhorn Bobsleds. Because it's the best themed coaster in the world and reminds me of childhood wonder. And the left side has one great moment of ejector air in the back!

Honorary mention: Magnum. Sentimental favorite and the King of coasters for me for many years. It's the high school girlfriend. But it just ain't the same anymore.

I don't typically rank, much less in order, but will try to make this somewhat according to preference:

1. Steel Vengeance. I am an air time, steep hills, out-and-back junkie, and this coaster had all that (well, except the out and back part) AND cool inversions and twisty stuff as well. AND it was comfortable. Is there anything it can't do??! A dream ride.

2. El Toro: The opening drop, and then the ejector air on those two hills is heaven - a 1-2-3 punch to the gut. And then the low to the ground finale is excellent. It really does ride like a bucking bull, trying to throw you out of the train. My mind was blown when I first rode it. Naturally, I envisioned carbon copies of this all over the amusement park world. Naturally, I was dead wrong, as usual. No one can explain to me why (perhaps the Merlin people can?)

3. SFNE Superman/ Bizarro - For the air. And the scenery. And the shitty one-train operations, of course.

4. Wodan - Europa Park. I know there are "better" woodies out there, but there is just something about the crazed pacing of this that feels out of control and always puts a smile on my face (and a bruise on my ribs). The surprise hit of the park for me.

5. Millennium Force - I have come to love it over time (when I didn't at first). The view, the first drop, the length, the speed. It's "easy" in a good way. Even graceful . . . .

6. Iron Rattler - SFFT. Too short, but it does what it does well in that short period of time, and that twisting first drop is epic in the back seat, and then the final drop into the tunnel off the quarry wall is nirvana.

7. Thunderbolt - Kennywood. Love the use of the ravine, the air, and the beginning of it, especially. A classic. Rides like history.

8. Coaster - Vancouver Playland. Can almost ride it standing up. Love the smell of grease, and the massive air on it. Deceivingly good.

9. Maverick. Sometimes good things come in short packages. But not often. (oh, that didn't write well....) You know what I mean.

10. Matterhorn Bobsleds. Because it's the best themed coaster in the world and reminds me of childhood wonder. And the left side has one great moment of ejector air in the back!

Honorary mention: Magnum. Sentimental favorite and the King of coasters for me for many years. It's the high school girlfriend. But it just ain't the same anymore.

Our top 5s are so similar

In no particular order (note that I'm not too well traveled):

Tier 1 - Elite coasters:

El Toro

Phoenix

Skyrush

Maverick*

Tier 2 - Very good coasters:

Top Thrill Dragster*

Superman: Ride of Steel (SFA)

Goliath (SFGAm)

Nitro

Storm Runner

I'm only doing 9 because if I included "Tier 3" then the list would be too long

*While I have visited Cedar Point, it was just for a single afternoon/evening (long story), and it was before I was an enthusiast. Because of this, I only rode 8 coasters, and my rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. Note that while I did ride Millennium Force, my leg decided that on this ride would be a good time to randomly act up and cause pain, which kinda ruined my ride. Because of that, I'd feel wrong to make any sort of judgement on that coaster.

I feel like with every new park I attend my top 10 changes

Maverick

Fury

Lightning Run

Lightning Rod

Phantoms Revenge

Mako

Montu

Shivering Timbers

Goliath SFGAM

Storm Chaser

Some honorable mentions Manta SWO

Raging Bull

Kumba

Voyage

Afterburn

Aside from Wooden and Thunderbolt (not top coasters IMO, but special to you, so I get it), your list is great! Matterhorn is my fav Disney coaster. Have you been on Phoenix (Playland Coaster like) or Intimidator 305 (Maverick on roids)?

I still love Coaster Grotto's top 20 feature. It includes all coaster logos to stare at as you reminisce about your favorites. My top 20. http://www.coastergrotto.com/top_20.jsp

1. Wildfire - Kolmarden

2. Taron - Phantasialand

3. Helix - Liseberg

4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park

5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park

6. Goliath - Walibi Holland

7. Silver Star - Europa-Park

8. Balder - Liseberg

9. Black Mamba - Phantasialand

10. Blue fire - Europa-Park

I honestly haven't been able to settle on a top ten, but here's where I stand at the moment:

1. Fury 325

2. El Toro

3. Maverick

4. Storm Chaser

5. Xcelerator

6. Storm Runner

7. The Voyage

8. Diamondback

9. The Legend

10. X2

Honorable mention goes to Gravity Max, which was infinitely more exciting than any of the dive coasters I've been on. List out of 180 creds.

This is finally starting to get very hard to narrow down to 10, but here's a rough estimate with only Fury being my definite number 1, the rest are relatively flexible up or down a spot.

1. Fury 325

2. Steel Vengeance

3. I305

4. Maverick

5. Millennium Force

6. Mako

7. Goliath (SFGAm)

8. Twisted Timbers

9. NTAG

10. Cheetah Hunt

Honorable mentions to Xcelerator, Top Thrill Dragster, Outlaw Run, and Storm Chaser

This will probably change once the newness wears off but feels like a good time for an update.

(highlighted = new for me in 2018)

1. Maverick

2. El Toro

3. Skyrush

4. Superman (SNFE)

5. Intimidator 305

6. Wicked Cyclone

7. Twisted Cyclone

8. Twisted Timbers

9. Phantoms Revenge

10. Millennium Force

11. Cheetah Hunt

12. Storm Runner

13. White Lightning

14. Nitro

15. Magnum XL200

16. Mako

17. Alpengeist

18. Montu

19. Griffon

20. Gale Force

21. Volcano

22. Dominator

23. Kumba

24. Goliath (SFOG)

25. Talon

Overall

1) Lightning Rod

2) Steel Vengeance

3) Boulder Dash

4) Phoenix

5) Expedition GeForce

6) Wildfire

7) Twisted Colossus

8) Iron Rattler

9) Fury 325

10) Outlaw Run

Wood

1) Lightning Rod

2) Boulder Dash

3) Phoenix

4) Wildfire

5) Outlaw Run

6) Voyage

7) El Toro

8) Balder

9) GhostRider

10) Cornball Express

Steel

1) Steel Vengeance

2) Expedition GeForce

3) Twisted Colossus

4) Iron Rattler

5) Fury 325

6) Helix

7) Wonder Woman

8) Skyrush

9) Millennium Force

10) Twisted Timbers

Edited by Canobie Coaster

• 4 weeks later...

Time for an update!!

1.) Top Thrill Dragster

2.) Maverick

3.) Nitro

4.) Millennium Force

5.) Lightning Rod

6.) Outlaw Run

7.) Griffon

8.) Diamondback

9.) Mystery Mine

10.) Verbolten

1.) Top Thrill Dragster

2.) Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster

3.) Maverick

4.) i305

5.) Lightning Rod

6.) Outlaw Run

7.) Millennium Force

8.) Iron Rattler

9.) El Toro

10.) Mystery Mine

My how times have changed...

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Verbolten & Mystery Mine > Millennium Force? May I ask why you made that decision? Just curious, especially as it ranked well in your old list.

Ah, nice catch. I didn't even realize I left MF out! (I've updated it to a more accurate ranking!)

Top Ten Steel

1. Steel Vengeance (Cedar Point)

2. Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

3. Maverick (Cedar Point)

4. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)

5. Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure)

6. Banshee (Kings Island)

7. Diamondback (Kings Island)

8. Raptor (Cedar Point)

9. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa)

10. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)

HM: Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa), Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa), Magnum XL-200 (Cedar Point), Top Thrill Dragster (Cedar Point), Valravn (Cedar Point)

Top Ten Wood

1. Mystic Timbers (Kings Island)

2. Shivering Timbers (Michigan's Adventure)

3. Beast (Kings Island)

4. Racer (Kings Island)

5. Viper (Six Flags Great America)

6. American Eagle (Six Flags Great America)

7. Blue Streak (Cedar Point)

8. Woodstock Express (Kings Island)

9. Mean Streak (Cedar Point) [even though it's not missed, I still found it to be better than 2/3 of Michigan's Adventure's woodie collection]

10. Wolverine Wildcat (Michigan's Adventure)

HM: Zach's Zoomer (Michigan's Adventure) [i've only ridden 11 wooden coasters all time]

Notes

I've ridden all the rides on the steel list at least once in 2018, while on my wooden list, one closed in 2016 and two more I haven't ridden since 2005.

Bolded rides are ones I rode for the first time in 2018.