TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Considering every other coaster that got the floorless upgrade got better, I would be hyped on this if this was my local park.

I prefer Mantis to Rougarou.

Patriot is smoother than Vortex, but extremely boring, same thing that I expect in this situation.

I'm the opposite on one, kind of agree on the other.

I prefer Rougarou by a wide margin. Patriot is kind of boring. I didn't get to ride it as a stand up, so I really can't compare.

Apocalypse, I've ridden quite a few times, so to me, this is going to feel like a tremendous upgrade.

Seems like it's an okay addition, I'd prefer a floorless than a stand-up, so I think it's good.

Also, on Instagram I found someone comment on SFAs Firebird post, and I quote, "It's gonna be a copy of Superman from Fiesta Texas." (They use a little snip of SKC's POV in the video haha)

I'm in the boat that's in favor of the floorless upgrades. Mantis was always a one-and-done for me, that's if I even ended up forcing myself on the ride at all. I can re-ride Rougarou over and over all day. I also found Patriot to be very fun, and it reminded me a lot of SFNE's Batman, which I think is underrated. This will make the ride a lot more enjoyable than it was, in my opinion.

I think Rougarou was actually a pretty big improvement over Mantis on every level and Patriot is definitely smoother than Vortex was, but the layout is so limited it hardly feels worth it. Apocalypse is a full 1,000 feet longer than Patriot, so if it runs smoother as a floorless this could actually become a decent coaster.

As for the other remaining standups, leave Scorcher (I think the best of them all) and Riddler alone. They've aged much better than the others. But now with Six Flags is getting in on this, I'd love to see Green Lantern receive the Wildfire elevated sitdown trains, not that I think it's likely to happen. Carowinds Vortex is the same story as Great America's, so I'd almost rather see it removed.

It's interesting to me that parks keep doing this. Mantis is the only converted standup I've ridden so far and something about it feels "off" to me. I don't think the standup to floorless heartlining is exactly the same because there were a few moments where Rougarou felt wonky. It also had more headbanging than I remember from Mantis. That shouldn't be a problem here as Iron Wolf wasn't intense to begin with.

I personally enjoyed Mantis overall but wasn't a fan of how much blood pooled in my legs during the intense second half. It's clear that Mantis was pushing the line of what acceptable force wise on riders even w/ the trim w/ standups. As someone said before Carowinds should really just remove Vortex if they're even considering this... the only cool moment on the ride is the heavy airtime you get over the station in the front row.

I can't wait until this starts going the other way in 20 years and we get stand-up trains on all of the current hyper/gigas.

Floorless stand-up trains?

They've done it on drop towers, so why not roller coasters?

Stand-up floorless train on Apacolypse? Lord have mercy.

I can't wait until this starts going the other way in 20 years and we get stand-up trains on all of the current hyper/gigas.

Floorless stand-up trains?

They've done it on drop towers, so why not roller coasters?

Stand-up floorless train on Apacolypse? Lord have mercy.

Castration: The Ride. Grab life by the balls! Brought to you by Got To Be Glued!

Took our 'last stand' yesterday Labor Day with front row (no/one ride wait times). We've enjoyed the coaster since it opened not great but some quick fun and has the best theming at SFA (kudos there Six Flags!) Not sure how they will incorporate any of it into Firebird and my guess is they will remove all the 'wasteland' artifacts/graffiti and just put up some new Firebird signage. Looks like they are also keeping the track colors using the orange/gray. I didn't get a picture but the crashed plane stuck into Skull Mountain has a huge red/blue/orange Firebird-like decal on top of the wings you can see as you ascend. Very cool!

IMG_20180903_124844.thumb.jpg.f5963bd104b383e389625972679e0f7d.jpg