Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 261 - 2018 Food & Wine OPENING DAY Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Epcot's Food & Wine Festival is an event that needs no introduction. It's been running for years now and it is not only a fan-favorite event at Epcot but also a park staple through the late summer and fall months. This years event runs August 30 - November 12, 2018, and oh look what today's date is? That's right, it's OPENING DAY of Food & Wine and of course we wouldn't miss it! This is our favorite fall theme park event and quite possibly maybe hands down our favorite theme park event of all-time. It's THAT good!

Let's share a few photos with you all...

Yay! This is pretty much the event at Epcot we wait all year for. As much as we really DO like Flower & Garden and even the new Art Festival was AMAZING, when Food & Wine is going on at Epcot, everything just seems right in the world.

We've got our passport in hand...

We are here right at the opening of the event...

And we're ready to try some old favorites and new items!

Elissa's first stop was in China. I'm sure none of you are shocked by that! :p

The "Potstickers" that have been around Food & Wine as long as we can remember have a new name and a slightly different presentation this year....

But Elissa is happy to report that they are the same delicious potstickers, now known as dumplings, as previous years but with a little bit of extra on top!

IMG_4580.JPG
For me, I have started the last several Food & Wine events with a Pork Slider from Hawaii. Why break tradition?

The Hops & Barley menu has a few new items on it this year...

Dallas is trying out the Brunswick Slider.

IMG_4601.JPG
This was absoultely amazing! And yes, those are jalapeños and they were wonderful!

Lobster Roll, anyone?

Remi's scavenger hunt is back again this year and it's great for kids to do while the adults...um.... DRINK! :lol:

Find all the locations where Remi is hiding around the park!

Here's a quick look at several of the menus from Food & Wine!
(I told you it would be quick!)

Just a little bit of the merchandise this year...

One of the T-Shirts...

IMG_4587.JPG
And of course there is a Magic Band!

Morocco is another of our personal favorites...

The "Hummus Fries" showed up at Food & Wine a few years ago now and we are happy they have stayed! Another one of our "must have" foods of the event!

ProTip! You can also get them year round at Spice Road Table in Epcot!

The "Light Lab" is like Bill Nye meets culinary and alcohol experts! Some interesting stuff happens in here...

These beakers are really cool!

I guess there is a science behind Boba Pearls!

Only way to make Disney food even better? Make cute plushies out of it!

IMG_1381.JPG
Africa has another item on our "must have" list year after year...

IMG_4607.JPG
The Beef Tenderloin Tips is another returning favorite! Full of flavor and a bit of spice!

IMG_4576.JPG
We did make sure to stop into the Festival Center to get our "Passholder Magnet!" It has Chef Mickey this year!

IMG_1435.JPG
While the event is called "Food & Wine" we seem to more often pair it as "Food & Beer!" (And yes that is another Pork Slider!) :lol:

IMG_1414.JPG
Mmm.... Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon from Canada!

There there was quite a lot of "food" to be had today!

And maybe even a bit of trying on some new clothes (Minnie Ears count as clothes, right???)

IMG_1404.JPG
One of Sarah's favorites in the Cheese Bread in Brazil!

IMG_1397.JPG
Japan had a new "Chicken Bun" this year, and we recommend because... JAPAN!

IMG_4565.JPG
And that wraps up our first day at Food & Wine! Don't worry... we'll have many, many, MANY more days back at this event and lots of pictures to post!

Be sure to also follow along on our Twitter and Instagram/InstaStory as that is where we do a lot of our live updates from Orlando parks!

Thanks for reading everyone! (Now post your comments!) :Pr

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:58 pm

that Remy shirt is adorable. . but the shoulder ruffles mark it as a ladies shirt only :(. . do they have it in Men's too?

as usual, the food all looks delicious!

and it looks like a beautiful day (tho I do see the raindrops and umbrellas in the background of some pics. . but it IS Florida), so y'all appear to have had a great time.

thanks for the pics.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Dombot » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:16 am

Can't wait to head over to the park this weekend. Best time of the year to visit. Dumplings, here I come! :p :p :p
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:23 pm

Those hummus fries look incredible...but then again, so does all of the other food.

Thanks for sharing, Robb!

I find this time of year to be bittersweet as the area that I live in is winding down the summer and theme park season (f%ck winter - lol). But at the same time, all of the new ride announcements are coming out for 2019...and Food & Wine reports are here! :b
Last edited by Philrad71 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:52 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:28 am

I'm going there with a group of Virginia friends later this month, and they're most intrigued by the Belgium booth--must be the waffles!

Postby JordyC » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:30 am

Great report! Thanks for sharing.

cfc wrote:I'm going there with a group of Virginia friends later this month, and they're most intrigued by the Belgium booth--must be the waffles!

Who wouldn't be? :p

I am curious to know if they are just as good as the original ones we have over here. Guess I'll have to find out myself in a few years time.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 am

Everything looks so good, just like it does every year!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:51 pm

So hungry now, everything looks amazing! I really need to get down there one of these years for this.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:15 pm

I can't believe we're actually planning to do EPCOT and this Festival in.....6 years???

Too - damn - far away - in time. :(

p.s. Everything edible and drinkable I see here for this year..... OOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGyum.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:50 pm

I love this show... but its time has come. Looking forward to what they replace it with! I mean, just think about what replaced Wishes! OMG! I can't wait to see what they do with a "New Illuminations!!!" :lol: :lmao: :br

All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot

After nearly 20 years of delighting Epcot guests through music, fireworks, fire torches and more, we wanted to let you know that “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will be ending in the second half of next year. The Disney Parks Live Entertainment team is already busy creating new thrills to debut immediately following the conclusion of “IllumiNations,” continuing the tradition of nightly entertainment on the World Showcase Lagoon.

“IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which is currently planned to run to the end of summer 2019, has entertained millions of guests gathered around World Showcase Lagoon sharing the light and a story since it debuted in October 1999 as part of the Walt Disney World Millennium Celebration. During the coming year, we’ll be celebrating this classic show, so you still have plenty of time to experience it again and again, as excitement builds for what’s next.

As regular readers know, we’ve got big plans for our multi-year transformation of Epcot, with new experiences that will “Wow!” guests while keeping true to the original vision of the park. And the all-new nighttime fireworks spectacular coming to Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon will be part of the park’s exciting evolution.

The new show joins several previously announced experiences coming to Epcot, including the highly-anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy” roller coaster attraction, a “Ratatouille”-inspired attraction in World Showcase, a new table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE and much more!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:50 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!