TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I have never heard of a park with multiple drop towers.

Grona Lund.

they kept the other one when they built Full Tilt? hmm. .thought they took away the standard drop tower.

maybe Fiesta would do something like that then. .

I have never heard of a park with multiple drop towers.

Hershey Park

they are right next to each other on the same pad. .that's one drop tower.

in the same way Scream at Fiesta has 3 towers, together.

I'm talking two drop towers in separate areas of the park. . . and before the "critics" get out. . no, I'm not talking a kiddie drop tower also in the kids section.

If you count demon drop as a drop tower (which I do) then Dorney actually has 2 separate drop towers. Demon drop was also added after their S&S towers too, so it’s not unprecedented.

Six Flags doubling down on ride types doesn't surprise me. Just yesterday I found out that Six Flags Discovery Kingdom has a Zamperla Giant Discovery and a Huss Frisbee so I wouldn't be surprised if they got a drop tower that offered a slightly different type of experience.

I'm officially stumped now.

The only thing I can think of is a Skyline Eclipse, which goes along with the space themed teasers from a while back, but that's not tall enough.

Jeffrey has already confirmed an Eclipse is not coming

Oh that's right, it was an option on that poll he commented on.

Thank god!

I honestly have no idea what the ride will be. But with tallest, it sounds like a tower ride. Maybe something like Falcon Fury to be different from Scream.

maybe they're moving in a Mr Freeze?

(it *would* fit.. being right there by Batman, and could be raised so the pathway goes under it).

I'm sure that's not it. . just thinking out loud

The fastest ride in park history would be the old wooden Rattler at 73mph. The tallest is a tie between Scream (S&S Tower) and Skyscreamer (Funtime Starflyer) both 200ft.

I just realized both the tower rides are themed to "screaming"

One of the World’s Tallest Pendulum Rides!

The Joker Wild Card, one of the world’s tallest pendulum rides, to debut in early summer 2019 at Six Flags Fiesta Texas! Standing at a record-breaking 17-stories in the air, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 75 miles per hour, as it whips back and forth — higher and higher to give riders a staggering view of the world below them.

sfft_jwc03_11x17_600dpicopy_0.thumb.jpg.56abe69a5d991419a0c262eeeecd92d5.jpg

sfft_jwc04_11x17_600dpi_2copy_0.thumb.jpg.865472a594c8f1dcf4501caf77ce5e29.jpg

1028025667_ScreenShot2018-08-30at8_09_07AM.png.259912ab0970a3da6d095b1ad5c7299b.png

172417779_ScreenShot2018-08-30at8_09_34AM.png.a834ad2df1012cefbf1abc020ccddb8d.png

Edited by robbalvey

Man! I really love this park! I need to get back so badly!

Similar to their announcement about SFOT's Larson Looper, I am wondering if this is tying the "World's Largest" record that Wonder Woman is setting over at SFGAdv, or coming up just shy of that ride's swing height?

^ I know you can only take so much from artwork, but it looks exactly like the giant discoveries they've already opened. Maybe it was because the "giant discovery" like New England's is only 140 ft tall so this counts as a different model name technically?

Well, both this one, and the new one going into SFGAdv, are marketed as being "17 stories high", which means in the 170 foot range, I believe. I'm just curious if the one at GAdv is actually a little higher, or if they're basically the exact same thing.

YES! I love these things and am really excited to be getting one.

I wonder if it's a different model than a Giant Discovery since Jeffrey said it wouldn't be a Giant Discovery? Or was he just trolling?

The model going to this park and Great Adventure, as well as the one at Magic Mountain are technically called Giga Discoveries, since they are all 170ft tall instead of 140. That may be what he was saying.

Six Flags is killing it with the additions this year! I wasn’t following the rumors of Fiesta Texas very closely but a Giant Discovery is an awesome addition to any park! This in a back to back year with Wonder Woman plus the announcement of year-round operation here just keeps on improving this park!

Damn, they are going all in on the Giant/Giga Discoveries this year. Not a bad thing! They're my favorite flats and I'd be happy if there was one of these at every park everywhere. An excellent addition to an already excellent park!