TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^ The ride is a low capacity nightmare which is over 30 years old. Amongst us members of The Texas Thrillseekers, it has long been rumored that the ride will eventually be removed and possibly sent to another park. We'll have to wait and see.

So a bunch of enthusiasts want it gone under the guise that Six Flags (the company that just built a coaster with 9 passenger trains in the same state) cares about capacity even though the ride seems to be in great shape and people seem to enjoy it? Got it.

I can only speak for myself. My personal opinion is that La Vibora will eventually be removed and replaced with something else, although it may not happen for a few more years yet. But that's just me. I live less than 10 mins away from the park and am a Diamond Elite Member. The well being of my home park is something I strongly care about.

I can only speak for myself. My personal opinion is that La Vibora will eventually be removed and replaced with something else, although it may not happen for a few more years yet. But that's just me. I live less than 10 mins away from the park and am a Diamond Elite Member. The well being of my home park is something I strongly care about.

Oh sh*t, sorry. I didn't know you were both a Diamond Elite member AND a member of the prestigious "Texas Thrillseekers" Facebook group.

In that case, yeah... get your last rides in now.

Oh sh*t, sorry. I didn't know you were both a Diamond Elite member AND a member of the prestigious "Texas Thrillseekers" Facebook group.

While it doesn't have the greatest capacity, it also gets long lines because it is a popular family attraction with a 42" height requirement. A somewhat thrilling attraction that parents and kids can ride together. But, hey, I'm sure the park will consult with the Texas Thrillseekers to get their opinion on the well being of the park.

^ The ride is a low capacity nightmare which is over 30 years old. Amongst us members of The Texas Thrillseekers, it has long been rumored that the ride will eventually be removed and possibly sent to another park. We'll have to wait and see.

So a bunch of enthusiasts want it gone under the guise that Six Flags (the company that just built a coaster with 9 passenger trains in the same state) cares about capacity even though the ride seems to be in great shape and people seem to enjoy it? Got it.

I'm there on Sat afternoon.

will make sure to ask the Dippin Dots guy for a comment

I'm not continuing this. I apologize if I've upset anyone.

World’s Largest Loop Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Over Texas in 2019

Record-Breaking Lone Star Revolution Joins the Park’s Thrilling Lineup

ARLINGTON, Texas — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas,

today announced the opening of the world’s largest loop coaster — Lone Star Revolution. This

exhilarating new coaster takes riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before

suspending them upside down for plenty of adrenaline-pumping hang-time. Lone Star

Revolution will make its debut in late spring 2019.

“The Six Flags brand is synonymous with innovation at the highest level and we are excited to

welcome another record-breaking attraction to an already stellar thrill ride arsenal,” said Park

President Steve Martindale. “This Texas-sized loop coaster offers an intense, heart-pounding

experience unlike any other ride in the park.”

Towering a staggering 100 feet tall, Lone Star Revolution sends riders back and forth

propelling them head over heels through a series of 360°revolutions. The coaster changes

direction halfway through the ride cycle; leaving riders suspended upside down at the top of the

loop for even more intense thrills.

Lone Star Revolution highlights include:

• World’s largest coaster of its kind;

• 32 seats in unique “face-off” design, with guests seated face-to-face;

• A pendulum style takeoff with multiple 360°degree revolutions around the 10-story loop;

and

• The park’s 14th coaster.

For more information on Lone Star Revolution and next season at Six Flags Over Texas, visit https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/newfor2019.

1997557607_LoneStarRevolution..thumb.jpg.b79dcd59fee4c0f394e5d2fd14981c93.jpg

An unsurprising (considering they are one of the few SF parks not to get one of these lately) addition for SFOT, but a solid one, bolstering their burgeoning flat collection! ( )

My one question, is whether this is actually a little taller than Mardi Gras Hangover at SFGAm, or whether they're the same height, and therefore it's technically tying the record?

World’s Largest Loop Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Over Texas in 2019

Record-Breaking Lone Star Revolution Joins the Park’s Thrilling Lineup

ARLINGTON, Texas — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas,

today announced the opening of the world’s largest loop coaster — Lone Star Revolution. This

exhilarating new coaster takes riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before

suspending them upside down for plenty of adrenaline-pumping hang-time. Lone Star

Revolution will make its debut in late spring 2019.

“The Six Flags brand is synonymous with innovation at the highest level and we are excited to

welcome another record-breaking attraction to an already stellar thrill ride arsenal,” said Park

President I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool Martindale. “This Texas-sized loop coaster offers an intense, heart-pounding

experience unlike any other ride in the park.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

What part of the park will this be installed? I didn't see any info on the website stating where it will be situated.

I like Larson Loops, so this is a nice flat addition.

surprised not so see them announce they will be open Year Round, like SFFT did.

I mean, I wasn't expecting 365 (SFFT is only going to weekends year round). . but as the Original Park, I was expecting similar year round ops. Hmmm. . maybe that's still coming?

surprised not so see them announce they will be open Year Round, like SFFT did.

I mean, I wasn't expecting 365 (SFFT is only going to weekends year round). . but as the Original Park, I was expecting similar year round ops. Hmmm. . maybe that's still coming?

Last year if it got to 40° or below it would give the control panels fits and they would shut down rides. Even the smaller rides were hinky and giving problems. They're not equipped to operate in any "cold" weather here. And not worth investing since we really only get a few months of what we consider cold around here. I'm fine with them not being open year round, gives me something to look forward to when they reopen.

Spent Afternoon (till close) at park. Absolutely packed due to BAFF, the flash sale, and a special 10-midnight event for diamond memberships

Still got in quite a bit even w/out flash pass (which itself had a hell of a line. Which is why I blew it off)

Loved Harley and Catwoman. And finally got a bucket list coaster off my list

Likely will do a full tr once I finish up my current one. But do want to note I have never experienced so many entitled a-holes and so much line cutting as I experienced today

After the 5th group of teenagers cut the line at giant I said something to the six flags staff. And they shrugged at it.

And I witnessed an employee at Johnny rockets watch someone drop onion hoops on the floor and just stand there leaving the slipping hazard there instead of cleaning it up - and she was LEANING ON A BROOM

Had a good time but sheesh. The clientele and some staff at SFOT leave a lot to be desired

Might go back in the morning to try and get a few things we skipped due to lines. But might just blow it off due to the atmosphere

Still had a decent time today tho. Just lowered some of my faith in humanity

I'm usually not out there when it's packed, so never deal with line jumping and things like that. BS they didn't at least pretend to care but I can believe it. The park employees leave a lot to be desired this late in the season. It's funny to witness the changes in attitude as the season progresses. The first few months every one is fresh out of orientation and trying to hit on all the corporate points. As the long, hot summer progresses and we get into weekends only operations it seems most of them are like, "Eff it. What are they gonna do? Fire me? Just going through the motions at this point anyways." The FF spooks are at least "into it" since most are recently hired just for that occasion.

Yeah I've dealt with some really bad employees at SFOT before. Like, 5 minute dispatches combined with one train ops on NTaG, and not cleaning up obvious messes.

I've also dealt with the best and worst in the same day, in 2016. The morning/afternoon was awful and when we came back in the evening it was like a completely different park for the better.

I still love SFOT, it has the best heat management I've seen at maybe any non-water park ever.

I will add to note the employees actually operating the rides. .. in particular the flats, were enthusiastic, engaging the riders currently on the rides, and seemed to be enjoying the job

To highlight one? The op at Gunslinger. Such a great enthusiasm— on a kind of lame cycle (no tilt at all?). But we didn’t really care some he was so much fun