Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:58 am

coasterbill wrote:
Sportsdude360 wrote:^ The ride is a low capacity nightmare which is over 30 years old. Amongst us members of The Texas Thrillseekers, it has long been rumored that the ride will eventually be removed and possibly sent to another park. We'll have to wait and see.

So a bunch of enthusiasts want it gone under the guise that Six Flags (the company that just built a coaster with 9 passenger trains in the same state) cares about capacity even though the ride seems to be in great shape and people seem to enjoy it? Got it.

I'm there on Sat afternoon.

will make sure to ask the Dippin Dots guy for a comment :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:16 am

coasterbill wrote:
Sportsdude360 wrote:I can only speak for myself. My personal opinion is that La Vibora will eventually be removed and replaced with something else, although it may not happen for a few more years yet. But that's just me. I live less than 10 mins away from the park and am a Diamond Elite Member. The well being of my home park is something I strongly care about.

Oh sh*t, sorry. I didn't know you were both a Diamond Elite member AND a member of the prestigious "Texas Thrillseekers" Facebook group.

In that case, yeah... get your last rides in now.

I'm not continuing this. I apologize if I've upset anyone.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:27 am

Nobody's upset, just confused.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:41 am

World’s Largest Loop Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Over Texas in 2019

Record-Breaking Lone Star Revolution Joins the Park’s Thrilling Lineup
ARLINGTON, Texas — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas,
today announced the opening of the world’s largest loop coaster — Lone Star Revolution. This
exhilarating new coaster takes riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before
suspending them upside down for plenty of adrenaline-pumping hang-time. Lone Star
Revolution will make its debut in late spring 2019.

“The Six Flags brand is synonymous with innovation at the highest level and we are excited to
welcome another record-breaking attraction to an already stellar thrill ride arsenal,” said Park
President I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool Martindale. “This Texas-sized loop coaster offers an intense, heart-pounding
experience unlike any other ride in the park.”

Towering a staggering 100 feet tall, Lone Star Revolution sends riders back and forth
propelling them head over heels through a series of 360°revolutions. The coaster changes
direction halfway through the ride cycle; leaving riders suspended upside down at the top of the
loop for even more intense thrills.

Lone Star Revolution highlights include:

• World’s largest coaster of its kind;
• 32 seats in unique “face-off” design, with guests seated face-to-face;
• A pendulum style takeoff with multiple 360°degree revolutions around the 10-story loop;
and
• The park’s 14th coaster.

For more information on Lone Star Revolution and next season at Six Flags Over Texas, visit https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/newfor2019.
Lone Star Revolution.   .jpg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:50 am

An unsurprising (considering they are one of the few SF parks not to get one of these lately) addition for SFOT, but a solid one, bolstering their burgeoning flat collection! ( :lol: )

My one question, is whether this is actually a little taller than Mardi Gras Hangover at SFGAm, or whether they're the same height, and therefore it's technically tying the record?

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:51 am

This is almost certainly the same height as the one in SFGAm. They're marketing the SFFT and SFGAdv rides both a record breaking when they actually both tie Crazanity in SFMM.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:01 am

Impressive to see Six Flags adding so many coasters this year. Congrats SFOT locals! :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dsjim11 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:19 am

[quote="robbalvey"]World’s Largest Loop Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Over Texas in 2019

Record-Breaking Lone Star Revolution Joins the Park’s Thrilling Lineup
ARLINGTON, Texas — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas,
today announced the opening of the world’s largest loop coaster — Lone Star Revolution. This
exhilarating new coaster takes riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before
suspending them upside down for plenty of adrenaline-pumping hang-time. Lone Star
Revolution will make its debut in late spring 2019.

“The Six Flags brand is synonymous with innovation at the highest level and we are excited to
welcome another record-breaking attraction to an already stellar thrill ride arsenal,” said Park
President I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool and pretend I'm being cool Martindale. “This Texas-sized loop coaster offers an intense, heart-pounding
experience unlike any other ride in the park.”
________________________________________________________________________________________________

What part of the park will this be installed? I didn't see any info on the website stating where it will be situated.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:20 am

boldikus wrote:Impressive to see Six Flags adding so many coasters this year. Congrats SFOT locals! :lol:

:nina:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:07 am

I was expecting a Skywarp but I'll gladly take this instead! From what I understand Mardi Gras Hangover is actually quite a bit of fun! Not a bad addition to our growing flat collection!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!