TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Episode 4 is up

“Best in North America”

“Overcoming his fears and reaching for the sky and testing his speed and agility”

“World Champion Race”

“They are flipping out for his arrival”

Sounds likes “Max Force” will be a S&S launch coaster too me’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Episode 4 is up

“Best in North America”

“Overcoming his fears and reaching for the sky and testing his speed and agility”

“World Champion Race”

“They are flipping out for his arrival”

Sounds likes “Max Force” will be a S&S launch coaster too me’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, you can do better than 2 seconds. That is an S&S launch. I don’t know what else it could be.

"Flipping out at his arrival" Does that mean if the rumor that this is an S&S Air Launch is true, does that mean it will have inversions? And I guess the teasers have sort of a racing theme to it.

Seems that way with that clue.

"Flipping out at his arrival" Does that mean if the rumor that this is an S&S Air Launch is true, does that mean it will have inversions? And I guess the teasers have sort of a racing theme to it.

Launched 4D free fly. Heard it here first.

Launched 4D free fly. Heard it here first.

If they don't run them like the Japanese version, not interested.

I have always wondered why the massive Chinese S&S launchers didn't catch in the States? I mean, they are big, fast, have forceful launches and a decent capacity...

I have always wondered why the massive Chinese S&S launchers didn't catch in the States? I mean, they are big, fast, have forceful launches and a decent capacity...

Huh? There's literally only been two ever built, one of which was torn down a few years later, and the other is in Japan.

^ You're thinking of S&S's thrust air 2000 model which only ever had two of its kind built. oriolat is referring to S&S's new compressed air launched coasters like this one and this one, to give a couple examples. There are currently three of these operating with more under construction.

Record-Breaking Launch Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Great America

Parks 17th coaster, Maxx Force, Breaks Three Records

GURNEE, Ill. — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, today announced a revolutionary, triple-record breaking, new roller coaster coming to the park in 2019. Maxx Force will be the fastest launch coaster in North America, and feature the fastest inversion and highest double inversion of any roller coaster in the world.

“Six Flags reigns supreme for record-breaking, one-of-a-kind rides and world-class thrills,” said Six Flags Great America Park President Hank Salemi. “The new Maxx Force coaster is in a class all by itself, launching riders from 0 to 78 miles per hour in under two seconds. No other coaster in the country accelerates at that blistering speed.”

Maxx Force highlights include:

- A unique air-powered launching system propelling guests forward at record speeds;

- The world’s highest double inversion at 175 feet above the ground;

- The fastest inversion on any roller coaster in the world with a 60 miles-per-hour zero-G roll;

- Five high-speed inversions; and

- One-of-a-kind custom coaster trains modeled after Formula One racing cars

Maxx Force will be the park’s 17th roller coaster and is scheduled to debut in summer 2019 in the Carousel Plaza area of the park.

For more information on Maxx Force and the 2019 season at Six Flags Great America, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/newfor2019

640575858_MaxxForceKeyArt..thumb.jpg.56259bc83bcd605e6397372071a5e811.jpg

1918695703_MaxForceFullyInverted.thumb.jpg.21c1c63da9d9786e033cf9d824fe95f2.jpg

780426792_MaxForceTwistingonTrack.thumb.jpg.c4954128300b7e66a00dddbb8f301854.jpg

1110475994_MaxxForceTwistingoutofaCorkedRoll.thumb.jpg.d98d1d4604244899f8fae22aedf35bc0.jpg

1476201636_MaxxForceAcceleratingupIncline.thumb.jpg.8255f6d7e095092678aedeae6bc1a310.jpg

1214169891_MaxxForceandRagingBull.thumb.jpg.daf5cdb5a7fec59b4aa2e86c1faf2f3a.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Yeah, this'll get me back to the closest SF park to me next year!

With its location near the front of the park, this is going to be a VERY popular coaster for the majority of people to go to first thing! Here's hoping that makes Goliath's lines a little smaller for those of us who would choose to go there first instead!