TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Are they doing a livestream for the announcement and if so where can I watch it. Sorry if this was already shared.

Actually I'm told that the official live stream will actually be here: https://www.instagram.com/westcoastcustoms/

West Coast Customs is a custom car company......

Are they sponsoring this attraction?

West Coast Customs is a auto chop/detailing shop. They were made famous by MTV "Pimp My Ride" show in the early to mid 2000's featuring the rapper Xzibit as the host.

So they're going to pimp out all the coasters? Put super massive chrome rims on all the coaster trains. Add pimp glow underneath all the cars. Install super massive 20 bajillion watt speakers into all the headrests. Replace the lining of the coaster seats with shag carpeting. And put sparkly paint on everything so it looks pimptastic.

World’s First Racing Launch Coaster, West Coast Racers, Debuting at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2019

20th Coaster Designed With World Famous West Coast Customs

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Magic Mountain, today announced the latest addition to its unparalleled coaster dynasty — West Coast Racers, the world’s first racing launch coaster — slated to open in 2019. Unlike traditional coasters, this one-of-a-kind racing coaster will feature two side-by-side tracks with four individual high-speed launches. The race covers two complete laps, multiple airtime hills, extreme high-banked turns and exhilarating over/under near misses. A highlight of the ride is an immersive real time “pit stop” designed and produced by world famous West Coast Customs that will provide riders with a racing experience unlike any other.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA, and we are taking thrills to the next level with the new West Coast Racers,” said Park President, Neal Thurman. “Six Flags Magic Mountain is the undisputed ‘Thrill Capital of the World’ and with this newest coaster, strengthens our position as the ‘Coaster Capital of the World’ with a total of 20 roller coasters — more than any other theme park on the planet.”

To begin their three-minute journey on the unique terrain-hugging track, riders sitting two abreast are loaded onto sleek West Coast Customs-designed coaster cars. Launching around the first lap, riders will experience head-to-head racing with the other cars on the twin track. The first of its kind “pit stop” experience, narrated by West Coast Customs Founder and CEO, Ryan Friedlinghaus, occurs between the two laps and provides riders an exclusive inside look into the West Coast Customs shop.

“We are thrilled to partner with Six Flags Magic Mountain to create this unprecedented new ride,” said Ryan Friedlinghaus, founder and CEO West Coast Customs. "Throughout my career, I have always thought outside of the box and I love being challenged to build things others can't. Talk about the ultimate outside of the box challenge — a West Coast Customs-style roller coaster!”

Ride features include:

- A record-breaking four magnetic launches, including a side-by-side first and second race

launch;

- Four total inversions, including three zero G rolls and a zero G stall;

- 14 track crossovers and a high-five (where riders can almost high-five guests riding the

opposing train), for a total of 30 train interactions (15 per lap);

- Side-by-side airtime hills and overbanked turns; and

- Speeds up to 55 miles-per-hour as riders cross the finish line.

West Coast Racers will be located in a new LA centric urban-themed area where guests will enjoy a high-energy street vibe. Currently located in this area is the popular wooden coaster, Apocalypse, and the Cyclone 500 Go Karts, which will undergo re-theming. New dining, games and retail locations will be added to complete the extensive area renovation. For more information about West Coast Racers and next season at Six Flags Magic Mountain, visit https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/newfor2019

001.thumb.jpg.db516fdfcd77c7144a8c4ddfdddc272a.jpg

002.thumb.jpg.930229c741b28624822e9d937163194a.jpg

003.thumb.jpg.0112f0c2a83c8114e281626a13fc927f.jpg

004.thumb.jpg.55a771cfd2d39231ffff356fb919bdde.jpg

005.thumb.jpg.590bf35e16fb52791dc52c69562d8d2e.jpg

1427880691_WestCoastRacers-Logo.thumb.png.a5c38171837f6860b555c9dde2a56dd9.png

I am liking this a lot. I've heard of West Coast Customs via various Youtubers getting wraps on their high end cars.The idea of having such a local company aspect tied to the new coaster is really interesting and fitting with the car theme. Plus, it looks like a fun coaster, taking some of the ideas from Twisted Colossus and Full Throttle, then ramping them up to be the whole coaster. Now that my little cousin is finally ready to go to Magic Mountain, I'll be able to check this out sooner rather than later.

World’s First Racing Launch Coaster, West Coast Racers, Debuting at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2019

20th Coaster Designed With World Famous West Coast Customs

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Magic Mountain, today announced the latest addition to its unparalleled coaster dynasty — West Coast Racers, the world’s first racing launch coaster — slated to open in 2019. Unlike traditional coasters, this one-of-a-kind racing coaster will feature two side-by-side tracks with four individual high-speed launches. The race covers two complete laps, multiple airtime hills, extreme high-banked turns and exhilarating over/under near misses. A highlight of the ride is an immersive real time “pit stop” designed and produced by world famous West Coast Customs that will provide riders with a racing experience unlike any other.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA, and we are taking thrills to the next level with the new West Coast Racers,” said Park President, Neal Thurman. “Six Flags Magic Mountain is the undisputed ‘Thrill Capital of the World’ and with this newest coaster, strengthens our position as the ‘Coaster Capital of the World’ with a total of 20 roller coasters — more than any other theme park on the planet.”

To begin their three-minute journey on the unique terrain-hugging track, riders sitting two abreast are loaded onto sleek West Coast Customs-designed coaster cars. Launching around the first lap, riders will experience head-to-head racing with the other cars on the twin track. The first of its kind “pit stop” experience, narrated by West Coast Customs Founder and CEO, Ryan Friedlinghaus, occurs between the two laps and provides riders an exclusive inside look into the West Coast Customs shop.

“We are thrilled to partner with Six Flags Magic Mountain to create this unprecedented new ride,” said Ryan Friedlinghaus, founder and CEO West Coast Customs. "Throughout my career, I have always thought outside of the box and I love being challenged to build things others can't. Talk about the ultimate outside of the box challenge — a West Coast Customs-style roller coaster!”

Ride features include:

- A record-breaking four magnetic launches, including a side-by-side first and second race

launch;

- Four total inversions, including three zero G rolls and a zero G stall;

- 14 track crossovers and a high-five (where riders can almost high-five guests riding the

opposing train), for a total of 30 train interactions (15 per lap);

- Side-by-side airtime hills and overbanked turns; and

- Speeds up to 55 miles-per-hour as riders cross the finish line.

West Coast Racers will be located in a new LA centric urban-themed area where guests will enjoy a high-energy street vibe. Currently located in this area is the popular wooden coaster, Apocalypse, and the Cyclone 500 Go Karts, which will undergo re-theming. New dining, games and retail locations will be added to complete the extensive area renovation. For more information about West Coast Racers and next season at Six Flags Magic Mountain, visit https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/newfor2019

That link says access denied...