TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2018 USA Tour Trip Reports!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another video from our trip. Honestly, Twisted Timbers was quite an amazing surprise. Don't hate me for saying it, but I actually think I give it the edge over Steel Vengeance but really all three of the new RMC's we rode on this trip were absoultely INCREDIBLE and I would hate to have to choose one over the other. It just goes to show you the high level of quality and thrill that RMC has been putting out there!

Edited by robbalvey

that's an awesome video, Robb. every angle, on and off ride, the music intro, etc. only reason i may give Steel Vengeance the edge is because of the length. (insert, that's what she said, joke) but those three consecutive hills is what i live for.

LOVED the intro of the video! Jumped right into the action and good background music to accompany the ride. Great to catch your attention!

Twisted Timbers seems like it's ghe most air time orientated RMC of the bunch. Amazing how those guys keep hitting it out the park with every single new ride.

that's really a great video, Robb (and Elissa).

I think it might be among the best you've done -- hell, it makes me want to ride it again (and that's a *huge* thing to say, since I didn't really care for it (I know! but it hurt to me..just my body type don't like the ejector air + these restraints)). . . but it made me want to ride it again.

very well done!

The two best parts of the video to me were:

- Watching Robb's eyes pop wide open during each moment of ejector airtime

- Elissa's total mellow, chill, too-cool-to-put-my-hands-up riding position

Awesome footage!! Can't wait to ride it myself!

Kings Dominion now has two of the best coasters in the country: I305 and Twisted Timbers. I love Steel Vengeance, too, but (like Robb) I give a slight edge to Timbers.

Great video!

I really loved Twisted Timbers, more than I thought I would. My favorite memory of the day though was KT saying "I'm knocking it down a point because it's themed to apples and I don't like apples!"

I like the theme and at least think it's somewhat more original than normal!

Sharing this video everywhere I can..

Seriously great footage from all different angles and different parts where you can see the ride. Love that you were able to capture the 'back half' of the ride hidden by the front part of the structure.

The barrel roll drop was amazing, the trio of airtime hills were outstanding, and that whole stretch of ...how to explain it (At this time stamp - https://youtube.com/XGavn7bCuOM?t=192)... the airtime trick track, quick airtime hill, then that U turn with the airtime hill somehow fit in was just crazy! And it all worked so well. So smooth.

I thought Twisted Timbers was the most intense coaster of the trip because of how much extreme airtime was packed into the layout. There's not an inch of the track that was left out!

Edited by PKI Jizzman

Those shots of the barrel rolls where the camera appeared to remain upright were insane. I'm sure there's an industry specific term for that shot, so excuse me for butchering it.

It's basically just taking the shots out of the 360 camera and in software telling the camera to act as a gimbal in a fixed position and have the world rotate around it.

The stationary camera through the barrel roll drop is one of the coolest shots I've seen.

I feel like Twisted Timbers was a big deal back in March when it opened, but has since been overshadowed by the other RMCs to open later in the spring/summer (even the Raptors). This is unfortunate, because Twisted Timbers is an incredible ride and has only gotten better as it has warmed up during the summer months. But I guess that this is what happens when Steel Vengeance was built only seven hours away...

Here's another video from our trip. Honestly, Twisted Timbers was quite an amazing surprise. Don't hate me for saying it, but I actually think I give it the edge over Steel Vengeance but really all three of the new RMC's we rode on this trip were absoultely INCREDIBLE and I would hate to have to choose one over the other. It just goes to show you the high level of quality and thrill that RMC has been putting out there!

Hey Robb, this ride looks great! It's good to see you and the Mrs. riding together. It's been a long time since I've been to K.D. I need to get back there soon. It does look much better than Steel Vengeance. Just too much drama associated with that ride for me...

Robb - Such a cool shot on Alpengeist and excellent video of Twisted Timbers. It was funny and interesting to see the different reactions between you and Elissa. They pack so much airtime and twist and turns on this ride. You captured the special nuances of Twisted Timbers perfectly and the video brings back awesome/fond memories of that ride and of the whole day!

Take Care, Paul (Gatekeeper)

As someone who considers airtime the most important part of a coaster, and who loves cutback/overbank turns, I've been excited to ride this one for a while. This endorsement is making me excited for my fall trip to KD even more!!!

Awesome report as always, Robb - thank you for sharing and capturing such awesome photos and videos!

I really need to get back to KD for Twisted Timbers. Michael's son's family all agreed that it's their new favorite coaster at either KD and BGW (they live in Richmond).