TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planning a Hershey, Knoebels, Dorney trip

I was with a friend on the same 3 park trip a couple years ago. She was done with Dorney in under 2 hours but we could have easily spent a 2nd day at both Knoebels and Hersheypark (yes, we did preview night and the whole next day). Thought I would add my quick two cents. Have fun!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and do note: "Broken POS" (aka: Powersurge) on Bills Pierogies map, is up and running.

didn't ride it (we rode DownDraft right next to it, on recommendation of Elissa), but Powersurge was up and running!

We wrapped up a KW, Knoebels, HP trip last month. We did a day at KW, which was cut short from weather. Then, we did a day at Knoebels and 2 days at HP. We did two days, because we stayed at the lodge. We enjoyed the lodge amenities including the restaurants and shuttles. We also stayed two days at HP, because we like to drink beer during the late afternoon leading up to the evening, while at parks. There were plenty of things to do to keep us entertained with the park, Chocolate World, eating at the Lodge, and the Zoo. We also thought HP was a beautiful park. We wouldn't have changed a thing.

I suggest:

Half day at Dorney

One day at Knoebels to break up the corporate park monotony. We had plenty of time to enjoy the park, take several rides on Phoenix, sample the food, ride everything we wanted, and we even took a dip in the pool in the afternoon for about an hour.

2 days at HP, including Hershey Lodge to relax and take everything in to finish up the trip.

Thanks everyone for your input! I've got the trip all planned. I decided to go to Dorney on Monday the 20th with a Hershey preview that night. Then all day at Hershey the 21st, and all day at Knoebels the 22nd.

I was really struggling with the idea of spending 2 days at Hershey or just 1 plus the preview. I've been looking at the wait times all week, and it seems like during the last 3 to 4 hours of the day the park just empties. Everything except Laff Trakk was usually 15 minutes or less. And a lot of the time there were 5 and 10 minute waits for the 3 Intamins. So I think a whole day plus the preview should be more than enough.

I also gotta say that before I posted this I was definitely looking forward to Hershey the most. I just considered the other 2 throw in's because of their locations. But now I am probably looking forward to Knoebels the most. Not just because of what you guys have said about it, but based on some of the youtube videos I have watched like TPR's Roll O Plane POV!!!

Just a word of caution on Hershey's app. The wait times are not always accurate. There are many times that I'll walk across the park to hit Comet because the wait time says 10 or 15 minutes only to find an hour wait. Same with Fahrenheit. Even at the end of the day it is often 30 minutes minimum. That said, I still believe that the preview plus one weekday is plenty of time to enjoy the park.

Sorry to hear that Andrew, being an adult sucks sometimes.

I'm still planning on Dorney & Knoebels next week. What's the rain policy like at these parks? I assume Dorney being a CF park will e-stop everything at the slightest hint of rain. How about Knoebels? I know not every place will run rides like Waldameer.