TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

All Flash Pass entrances merge at the station except The Dark Knight and Runaway Mine Train,. Kingda Ka is further back but they usually don't let the line go much past the station so it's usually a station wait. Justice League does have a single rider line but it's toward the end of the line and can take a while just to get to the area where the line splits if it is crowded. Zumanjaro's single rider line works better with the split before the covered part of the line.

3Mutts, are you talking about the Balin's Jungleland path or the Safari Discoveries path? Balin's Jungle (AKA the actual "Official" path) just opened/was open on my visit earlier this month (July 10th), so I did not need to walk through the animal exhibits making it marginally quicker. The official path is right behind the Dippin' Dots stand in the Google Maps walkthrough, but is blocked off with fencing.

coasterBro, Most flashpass lines converge on the station, and there is no row restriction. As for loose articles, unfortunately it's more Universal style where there is nothing allowed in your pockets, and if they suspect you have loose articles they'll ask you to turn out your pockets or metal wand you. The loose article policy also covers Joker. Lockers aren't as bad as most moan about, being $1 for two hours, which means you can easily hit multiple rides with one locker.

As for whether or not you'll need a Flashpass... it depends when exactly you're going and how lucky you get. If you mean a Fright Fest Sunday in September, then it'll be dead, but if you mean around Labor day it could be mobbed. You can't really accurately predict crowds at this park. I'd budget for one and purchase it in the park depending how lines are.

^ That path does exist kind of, the official path is closed off however if Safari Discoveries is open you can walk through the exhibit to get to Kingda ka from El Toro. Here it is you enter inside the Coasters and Candy shop:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1373942,-74.4366451,3a,60y,280.02h,78.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCwkBbHhRz7EF27rM4eiCjA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The official path has actually been open this whole year as far as every visit I've been there for and according to everyone in this thread. So no more sneak short cuts

Funny story about flash pass at this park...

With our diamond elite memberships, we get 2 skip the line passes each visit. So during our last visit, our first stop was the flash pass building. I ended up waiting 35 min in line at flash pass to get our skip the line passes.

After leaving the flash pass office to explore the park, we found no line in the park longer than 15 min(only la and Toro had a slightly longer line at maybe 25-30 min tops). Basically, we spent more time in line at the fast pass office, than we would have riding several coasters in the standby line. While I was waiting in line, my wife went on the joker, Harley Quinn, skull mountain, and the sky screamer ride. She was just getting off of sky screamer as I was exiting the fast pass building.

Needless to say, we passed on getting our skip the line passes the next 2 days at the park because they were not needed. This is a huge park, and dispersed crowds quite well.

Interesting to note, Harry over at GAH, who has a pretty strong relationship with the park and has had insight into additions in the past, noted that "although those crates may or may not be for 2019, it is interesting where they were delivered". Since this is the lot over by Zumanjaro, maybe this means we're looking at an addition over in the Golden Kingdom instead of another addition by Justice League / former Old Country like we've seen recently?

^I would LOVE that, but this is Six Flags we're talking about so if/when they get around to repainting Nitro they'll probably just paint it blue and yellow if they don't retheme it to some DC Character. "Nitro: The Flash's Super Explosive Crazy Coaster" painted Red and Yellow

The admin over at GAH later sort of confirms that it's for the solar panels going up in the park, so that's rather disappointing considering we haven't even been teased this year. GAdv social media has been dead most of the year, save for the random coaster picture.

GAdv social media has been dead most of the year, save for the random coaster picture.

The park's social media presence is terrible. The only time I ever see them on my Twitter timeline, it's to say that Hurricane Harbor is at capacity.

Mini trip report and notes from my visit on Tuesday 7/31:

- So happy I didn’t get a flash pass. Only wait of the day was about 20 minutes for Justice League. Everything else was basically a walk on or station wait. Rode Nitro and El Toro each 3x in a row in afternoon / early eve

- Cyborg - meh. Honestly nothing to write home about.

- Joker - much better than I remember it being. Hit me with some great surprises.

- Dare Devil Dive - never had done this and now SO glad I did. The coolest / best experience in the park. As much as I love the Kingda Ka launch - the first drop on this is incredible. Well worth the money.

- Food Quality has not improved by any means in the last 5-10 years.Havent been to Macho Nacho yet which I heard was good.

- Where is your non soft serve ice cream? I recognize the partnerships with Ben & Jerry’s and Cold Stone must have expired, but wish we had a place to get real, legit, premium ice cream.

- The Golden Kingdom to Plaza Path is open again. So much win!!!!

- So happy I didn’t get a flash pass. Only wait of the day was about 20 minutes for Justice League. Everything else was basically a walk on or station wait. Rode Nitro and El Toro each 3x in a row in afternoon / early eve

- Joker - much better than I remember it being. Hit me with some great surprises.

- Dare Devil Dive - never had done this and now SO glad I did. The coolest / best experience in the park. As much as I love the Kingda Ka launch - the first drop on this is incredible. Well worth the money.

- Food Quality has not improved by any means in the last 5-10 years.Havent been to Macho Nacho yet which I heard was good.

- Where is your non soft serve ice cream? I recognize the partnerships with Ben & Jerry’s and Cold Stone must have expired, but wish we had a place to get real, legit, premium ice cream.

Fyi...they do have non soft serve ice cream. The new sponsorship is Breyers.

Screenshot_20180811-020609_Drive.thumb.jpg.984ee06b109e3c3cb6bbbbb2a7f742fa.jpg

Fyi...they do have non soft serve ice cream. The new sponsorship is Breyers.

Thanks! I guess it has a smaller presence than the previous ones I mentioned (or I wasn’t paying enough attention), as everywhere I looked and used to go for regular ice cream seemed to not be there anymore. Specifically thinking of the old Cold Stone locations near the main fountain and near Nitro / Batman.

The park's social media presence is terrible.

Understatement of the decade.

It's baffling how little they care about their socials. All they post on IG are the same 4-5 pics of the coasters, and their twitter is the drizzling s#!ts.

My favorite part of the Six Flags grand social media plan is how they'll do some kind of coordinated blast where all the parks are trying to promote something for their local park, but they all use photos of rides that aren't in that park. They do the same thing in their commercials all the time too. I think they've at least gotten better about not featuring other parks' coasters in their merch though.

My favorite part of the Six Flags grand social media plan is how they'll do some kind of coordinated blast where all the parks are trying to promote something for their local park, but they all use photos of rides that aren't in that park. They do the same thing in their commercials all the time too. I think they've at least gotten better about not featuring other parks' coasters in their merch though.

Cedar fair does the same thing. The Michigan's adventure commercial is a perfect example. They highlight rides from other cedar fair parks like cedarpoint, along with there own rides.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if people who have a gold season pass receive any discount on admission at the water park here? I tried calling but no one answered.

Going up here on 8/29 and never been to the water park. Wanted to possibly check it out.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if people who have a gold season pass receive any discount on admission at the water park here? I tried calling but no one answered.

Going up here on 8/29 and never been to the water park. Wanted to possibly check it out.

I think with season passes, you automatically get into the Hurricane Harbor (for those HH's with separate admission).

And why doesn't GAdv have a shuttle to and from the dry park and HH?