TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I really wonder what's up with Crime Wave if they had to completely dismantle it.

At least Goliath is still listed as open.

Was there today and asked the friendly folks at Nightwing - cuz they looked like they were bored - what’s up with Crime Wave.....said it’s been down about two weeks and waiting for a part that required basically full dismantle to replace.....they said they think it’ll be back though.....

So here’s my trip report for the day:

1. Again weather big factor today....heavy rain and cloud cover in the morning knocked down crowd size enormously....arrived about 1:30....rain was gone and the sun was starting to come out....it was hot and humid though so lots of drinks, shade, and AC when required....

2. Flash Pass system was down......now we don’t normally buy FP since SFNE is our home park and we’re so close - 20 min - that to leave cuz of crowds isn’t a big deal for us....we’ll just come back later....however it mattered because we are Diamond Elite members and when I went to get my skip the line passes the sign on the FP office said go to member services where they issued gold.....we got 6 passes good any time on any ride and each pass is good for 4 people....I was like “damn is that a new thing?”....she was like “no it’s just cuz FP system is down.....I figure since they couldn’t scan and print the skip the line passes like they usually do they resorted to the other more awesome passes....

I left the park with 4 of them since the lines were so short I decided these were better used another day....I’m gonna drive up there tomorrow to see if the system is still down and try to grab 8 of those suckers.....then we’ll just leave - I expect the crowd to be terrible tomorrow.....

3. Wicked Cyclone ran great but they were running one train.....lame.....they were doing that a few weeks ago too....wtf - I mean we waited to get on the front car so there was that but still

4. Superman ran great too but guess what? Red train only - I guess that’s the theme this year....hey guys come ride two of the best coasters on the planet but wait forever cuz we can’t gwt two trains running....man

5. It was hot AF.....I said that already.....

6. Today we were able to get in the “reservation only” parking without a reservation....2nd time that’s happened this year....my guess is the weather prevented a lot of folks with reservations from coming so the security guy let me in....it clearly said No Reservation on my ticket they printed when I stopped at the booth....

7. Discovered Pandemonium has a “singles line”.....that’s not marked....got on multiple rides in a row without having to use those passes I picked up earlier....

8. Had a great ride on Joker....only second time on....that middle section really tosses you around....

9. Thunderbolt broke down - we were next to get on and the train just stopped just out of the station and before the lift hill.....the operator was all “Uhhhh it’s gonna be a while”.....lol....we left - a supervisor, two paramedics, and two maintenance guys showed up and they were gonna initially just push the train to the lift hill and let them ride it but a couple a folks wanted off so it set in motion a whol protocol to get passengers off a ride where there’s basically nowhere for people to go.....granted that location isn’t the most dangerous place but still....the maintenance guy was like “I can’t send a train if people want to get off”.....this one woman really was pissed and probably scared and wanted off....

10. Snacks need to be extended to 30 min before closing or something....not 8:30 in the height of the season....dumb

11. Still staying away from HQ and SS.....I probably have to be really heated to go on those and probably would vomit.....so I won’t....lol

12. Speaking of vomit - somebody barfed on Scrambler and it was closed when me and my son tried to ride....

That’s it.....I’ll report back how my scheme tomorrow works out.....

Edited by ice1972

Well I really wanted to get up there today and try to get those any time rides up to 4 riders - with the FP system down - but never made it.....just didn’t work out....still have four left though from yesterday and will conserve as needed....I’m sure the crowd up there in Agawam was insane today....

.....So uh anyways, I visited the park for the first time ever today. It was very crowded so flash pass was a must. Well worth the $100 a piece.

Superman is one of the best coasters I've ever been on. It's just so amazing. Superman, Fury, and Millennium are all sooooo close to each other that it's impossible to choose a favorite.

Wicked Cyclone is great but I thought a little slow. My least favorite RMC but even a "bad" RMC is an amazing ride.

Overall we were impressed with the overall look of the park. Very pretty park with great photo ops all over. I must've taken over 100 pictures of Superman.

Operations weren't as bad as expected but still pretty slow.

The only real complaint we had about the park was the food service. Holy sh*t it was terrible. I understand it's a Six Flags park and good food service should never be expected but this was the worst I've ever seen. It took a half hour to get an order of fries. Was going to get a burger but saw ants all over the counter where they prep the food. I got a Philly Cheesesteak instead and it was actually really good even though I waited forever for it.

But, all in all, a great day. Looking forward to coming back down the road sometime to get more divine rides on Superman.

:lmao: .....So uh anyways, I visited the park for the first time ever today. It was very crowded so flash pass was a must. Well worth the $100 a piece.

Superman is one of the best coasters I've ever been on. It's just so amazing. Superman, Fury, and Millennium are all sooooo close to each other that it's impossible to choose a favorite.

Wicked Cyclone is great but I thought a little slow. My least favorite RMC but even a "bad" RMC is an amazing ride.

Overall we were impressed with the overall look of the park. Very pretty park with great photo ops all over. I must've taken over 100 pictures of Superman.

Operations weren't as bad as expected but still pretty slow.

The only real complaint we had about the park was the food service. Holy sh*t it was terrible. I understand it's a Six Flags park and good food service should never be expected but this was the worst I've ever seen. It took a half hour to get an order of fries. Was going to get a burger but saw ants all over the counter where they prep the food. I got a Philly Cheesesteak instead and it was actually really good even though I waited forever for it.

But, all in all, a great day. Looking forward to coming back down the road sometime to get more divine rides on Superman.

SFNE is our home Park and I feel blessed to have such an epic coaster like Superman to ride over and over.....the view alone from the top looking right over the CT River pushes this thing to the top IMO.....I haven’t been on Fury or MF but I’m not so sure they have the view this thing offers.....one of the problems this year is they’ve only been running one train.....same for your visit?

Anyway I think the way Wicked Cyclone runs “slow” is part of its deal.....it’s a compact RMC and really throws a lot at you in a short distance.....the further back the better......that ride has also suffered from one train season which is such a bummer.....

If you’re in the area today - Saturday the 10th - I’d try to get back to the park......the weather looks perfect for knocking down crowds.....we only go when rain is in the forecast...... literally have walked onto Superman.....

Anyway nice report.......may be heading up today.....we risk that they may close the park if attendance is down but we’re members and only 20 min away so whatever......

I haven’t been on Fury or MF but I’m not so sure they have the view this thing offers

LOL WUT

MF.thumb.jpg.6a520c37b3ddf894622108d915d29e2a.jpg

Also unless maybe the key gets stuck or something, we're all perfectly OK with you ending each of your sentences with one period. Just one is all we need.

Edited by boldikus

I haven’t been on Fury or MF but I’m not so sure they have the view this thing offers

LOL WUT

[attachment=0]MF.jpg[/attachment]

Also unless maybe the key gets stuck or something, we're all perfectly OK with you ending each of your sentences with one period. Just one is all we need.

That’s not bad.....and I like my periods....been posting like that in many forums for years..................lolz

^ lol

Yep still one train on my visit. Obviously something still wrong with it since the wait got to be over 2 hours and kept only the one train on. Hopefully it's fixed soon... I can't imagine a fright fest Saturday with only one train.

Dude it’s so maddening.....it’s been like that for the whole season I think.....Wixked Cyclone too

Posting like this.... makes you look like everyone's racist uncle........ who always tags you in fake news posts...... and Turtleboy Sports articles if it's in New England........

Honestly, I've been posting on various message boards since I was in 4th grade back in the early 2000s (yes, I lied about my age to post on them back then, sue me, it was sixteen years ago), and literally no one ever posted like that, not even the older members whose message board usage harked back to Usenet, so I honestly don't know where excessive and unnecessary ellipses came from.

^meh.....people do it....you may not....it’s fine

You’re like the only one ever that compared me to a racist because of it....lol

Hoping SFNE is still open later today....gonna take a quick trip up there and see if I can get on Superman for a couple night rides....the rain may close the park though....IDK yet

Yeah, if we're talking about best views from coasters in America Cedar Point pretty much dominates that list. Eventually I suppose you might break it up with Wild Eagle and a few pier parks or some sh*t.

Wildfire. That view from about 600 feet above the lake...holy crap.

"Racist uncle ellipses" was actually a term that a friend of mine came up with to refer to it that came from her own uncle's very prolific and usually very stupid posts in comments sections on FB, and yes, he does use an incredible amount of ellipses and it just kind of stuck, and we now use it to refer to any usage of ellipses in that manner, even perfectly benign posts.

Back on topic, going on a heavily overcast day with intermittent rain is a double-edged sword. On one hand, the crowds were incredibly thin and the coasters flew, but on the other hand, it was disgustingly humid out and getting stuck in line whenever the rain did pick back up was a rough time. Spinsanity definitely lived up to the hype, however, as those descents once it's reached its highest point are something that you really do feel.

"Racist uncle ellipses" was actually a term that a friend of mine came up with to refer to it that came from her own uncle's very prolific and usually very stupid posts in comments sections on FB, and yes, he does use an incredible amount of ellipses and it just kind of stuck, and we now use it to refer to any usage of ellipses in that manner, even perfectly benign posts.

Back on topic, going on a heavily overcast day with intermittent rain is a double-edged sword. On one hand, the crowds were incredibly thin and the coasters flew, but on the other hand, it was disgustingly humid out and getting stuck in line whenever the rain did pick back up was a rough time. Spinsanity definitely lived up to the hype, however, as those descents once it's reached its highest point are something that you really do feel.

OK thats fine man - whatever - here's my report from today......

IT WAS THE MOST EPIC 4 HRS AT SFNE EVER!!!!!

I mean you are right - you take a chance that you're gonna get dumped on while in line and it was definitely humid and uncomfortable AF but dude.......it only rained on us for 20 min of the 4 hours we were there and we just ate dinner during that rain......we walked onto Pandemonium 3 times.....after the rain me and my daughter walked onto Wicked Cyclone and we rode the front car.....it ran real nice and I was reminded how amazing that front car ride is despite being a bit on the "slow" side - clearly the back is the place on this ride but that unobstructed view over the drop is amazing......we hopped onto Catwomans Whip twice on our way to Superman and then hopped onto Gotham City - cuz nobody was on it......then my daughter and I rode back to back night rides on Superman......AMAZING.....then we left.....it was a short trip but packed a punch and worked out......we live close enough that if we have to leave cuz its crowded or they close the for "bad weather" we don't care.....loved it

Superman Comments: Blue train is still just sitting there in storage......not sure whats going on.....didn't matter obviously cuz the crowd was so low but still it stinks they aren't running it.....

Wicked Cyclone: Also just running one train.....why?

Skip the Line Passes thing: So the last two times we have gone up - including tonight - we were directed to Member Services to get our Skip The Line passes.....we are Diamond Elite members - all four of us - so we get 8 total STL passes per visit......today when we got up to Member Services the person there spilled the beans that when there is a cloudy and rainy forecast they will often just close down the Flash Pass service.....knowing the crowds won't justify buying the FP.....thing is when they do that Member Services isn't connected to Flash Pass so they don't scan your pass and then print the STL pass....they just give you a 1 time 1 ride up to 4 riders pass according to your membership.....so for us we got 8 of those....its fukin gold and can be used any time rather than just on the day of the visit which is the normal for the STL passes......so we got them and didn't use them - just save them for later.....I already had 4 from our previous visit so I think I'm in good shape for the rest of the season.....it also means theres a weakness in the way they handle bad weather days relative to the Diamond memberships......any time theres a forecast for bad weather and I think they will close down the FP service I could just drive up there and snag those 8 passes from Member Services....and then just leave and save them for later....anyway.....thats all

A great day indeed!!!!!

It was mostly just damp after I got off of Superman up until I left (which was when it was starting to rain again), but yes, I have no idea what was up with the one-train operations on everything and excruciatingly slow dispatches (except for the Joker's crew, they were pretty good about banging them out in a timely fashion). Also decided to give the Mind Eraser/Riddler's Revenge a go just for the hell of it, and yeah, that was what you call "lipstick on a pig". The new restraints DO help, but it doesn't change the fact that the train still shakes like you're driving down an average road in Springfield in late April.

^when were you there yesterday? We went like 6:00 to 9:45 and it was perfect - humid AF but only rained briefly for 20 min

Also Riddler certainly does shake a lot but it’s not that bad....the new restraints make it better

They have to get blue train running on Supe....god that stinks

Ah.....ya maybe....we grabbed our skip the line passes right away at member services and then went right to Pandemonium for two rides then we ate cuz it rained.....

How long were you there and how was the rain? I was amazed that they were still open at 6:00...in Hartford it was all rainy and dreary all day but I noticed on radar it was drier to the north....anyway twice I’ve been there on wet days and they shut it down at 3:00....they blamed the weather but it was due to low attendance no question....it’s definitely been a wetter summer....maybe for HITP it won’t be so cold this year