TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

That guy is not smoking the good stuff. "Worlds of Fun is kinda near the Mississippi, and you cross the Mississippi to get to it."

It's over 200 miles from the Mississippi, and virtually no one who visits this place comes from the East. Their clientele are from MO, KS, NE, and IA.

I don't know what the teaser is actually for, but that guy obviously does not understand Missouri. We'll be just fine without his opinion.

lol I;m that guy and I can def agree with you lol lol I royaly messed up that part lol

I'm assuming it's in reference to Valleyfair more then worlds of fun but both are likely.

Haunt site is up and showing off a new maze and an update to an old one.

I am glad to see they updated wax museum because when they updated vampire it turned the maze from bad to a solid attraction. Wax museum wasn't bad but was getting worse and worse each year for me. I still wish zombie would be changed out and all the scarezones reworked. Boneyard, great location but feels very stale. Carnevil needs a new location, preferably to london terrors old location, seems perfect for a scarzone. Outlaw revenge has been there for so long that it just needs to be changed. Also worth noting that so far no park has a mention of fright lane plus, but I can see them getting rid of it. I would be sad as those experiences were always the high point of our haunt visit.

You can access every cedar fair parks haunt site if you please, there should be a link in the special events tab if not just type "/haunt" after the parks web address and it will take you to the site. Not all parks haunt sites show the new attractions for this year (valleyfair and kings dominion are two i know of that only show returning attractions from last year).

Interesting that some of you think Prowler is getting too rough. I just rode it twice and if anything it was slightly smoother than my rides on it two years ago.

Prowler's roughness has been very strange in that it can be rough in one seat or maybe row and then not so in another. It often seems to be related to the trains, more than the track. And I am not really sure what the issue is that can cause it to feel the way it can feel. It feels like there are flat spots on the wheels or like the wheels aren't spinning freely, maybe an issue with wheel bearings? And it seems like the roughness can vary from somewhat mild to really unpleasant. This is something I only feel on GCI trains and not on PTC trains.

I recently rode Invadr at Busch Gardens and noticed a mild version of the same type of train roughness or flat spots on the wheels feeling that Prowler has. Invadr is still new, so it's definitely not track related. I believe they are using parts of trains from Gwazi, so that might explain why the trains don't feel like GCI's do when they are new. I have not felt this odd feeling on American Thunder at SFStL or Mystic Timbers. I first felt it on Thunderhead several years ago, but the ride was down when I was there recently, so I didn't get a chance to see how it feels now.

I did get a ride on Prowler in late Sunday and noticed two turns on the back end had some minor track work done that also helped to smooth them out a bit as they had been getting pretty ragged recently.

It's also worth mentioning that we all ride these coasters on different days, different times of day, in different rows, etc. Many coasters don't give the same ride every day and Prowler is a good example. I've had really unpleasant rides on it this year, some slow rides (yesterday was very slow middle of the ride to the end without a full train), but I have also had some really great rides that were mostly smooth and very fast. Sometimes when the track is freshly greased or oiled, the trains seems to run more smoothly and fast. I think many of us have different experiences on coasters due to several factors, so keep this in mind when you see other reports that don't match with your experiences.

I was at Worlds of Fun on Sunday and Monday this week and had an enjoyable time. This was my second visit to the park (the first being in 2016) so it was my first visit with the new entrance gate/plaza, which looks very nice compared to the old one. Prowler was running a bit smoother that it was two years ago, but it was also less intense. Still the best ride in the park but it isn’t quite on the level it was. Mamba was running wonderfully in the first half of the ride, the helix made me partially grey-out a few times. Patriot is still an underrated invert in my opinion, it’s not as intense as Banshee or some of the older B&M inverts but it has some fun elements. Timber Wolf was running a lot better, especially thanks to the new turn that replaced the helix. The only real negative about the trip was that ride operations were fairly slow. Mamba had a good crew that usually avoided stacking but the rest of the ride crews usually took 3+ minutes to load the ride.

On another note, with Cedar Point announcing the removal of their Enterprise (Witches Wheel), it makes me wonder how much longer Zulu has before it goes.

Did a wheel really fall off on Prowler the other day?!?

That’s what I read on Screamscape and there was a photo to go along with it.

Haven’t seen anything on the news or heard anything else.

That may be why some ppl reported a rough ride with one train, and a good ride with the other.

Also anyone know when Cedar Fair does announcements for 2019? I think last year was on National Rollercoaster Day

Scrolling through WOF comments and someone asked when do next years season passes

Go on sale? WOF replies August 16. Which is national roller coaster day. Hmmm

I’m not getting my hopes up, but it seems kind of a funny day to pick, but maybe that is franchise wide

Woah, that's new. I'm glad everyone seems to be OK. I'm very curious how Prowler managed to valley considering there aren't many "big hills" that it slowly crests. It's all very low to the ground. But I suppose anything is possible with a wheel issue. Interesting...

If it actually lost a road wheel, i'm sure bare steel chassis scraping along the track would be more than enough to stop the train. It looks to me that it stopped in the valley of one of the airtime hills towards the end of the ride. Maybe it did enough damage to the track that they will be forced to retrack it for once, but who knows. At least no one was hurt.

Also, im really surprised the local media didn't make a story over this. This is the kind of thing that they usually freak out over. They're always looking for something that could make theme parks look bad.

A high level manager told me what the Mississippi poster means:

A new RMC Raptor for Worlds of Fun.

The clues are all in the poster:

1. Here is the original poster and coordinates:

2. The first clue in the poster refers to passage across the Mississippi. The origin is Cedar Fair headquarters at Sandusky OH. Crossing the Mississippi, you have 4 parks: Knotts, CGA, WOF, and VF

3. Knotts and CGA received coasters last year. That leaves World of Fun and Valleyfair.

4. The second clue is from the coordinates. They are: 37.8399 N 77.4442 W, 37.3984 N 121.9752 W, or Kings Dominion and CGA, respectively.

5. A weighted average of these 2 coordinates gives: 37.61915 N 99.7097 W. This location is surprisingly close to World of Fun, which is 39.1767 N 94.4867 W, and certainly much closer than to Valleyfair.

6. Finally, the mine train refers to a smaller coaster: an RMC raptor.

I asked someone a few weeks ago what Wof was getting for 2019 and they answered sharply “ Nothing”.

We always get something though right? The fact that he answered immediately made me think there is something.

However then he went on to tell me that they are replacing the asphalt throughout the park with concrete

Like they have at the front gate. We both agreed that it would be sad not to smell the hot asphalt as that is kind of a staple

Of any amusement park.

Question is how many other amusement parks in the Chain have concrete throughout?

It also made me wonder with the immediate landscaping upgrades and supposedly new concrete if they are eventually expecting huge crowds in the future. Of course we would need a new big ride or two. What’s the cost concrete vs. asphault and longevity?

The concrete would obviously be done in multiple years.

A high level manager told me what the Mississippi poster means:

A new RMC Raptor for Worlds of Fun.

The clues are all in the poster:

1. Here is the original poster and coordinates:

2. The first clue in the poster refers to passage across the Mississippi. The origin is Cedar Fair headquarters at Sandusky OH. Crossing the Mississippi, you have 4 parks: Knotts, CGA, WOF, and VF

3. Knotts and CGA received coasters last year. That leaves World of Fun and Valleyfair.

4. The second clue is from the coordinates. They are: 37.8399 N 77.4442 W, 37.3984 N 121.9752 W, or Kings Dominion and CGA, respectively.

5. A weighted average of these 2 coordinates gives: 37.61915 N 99.7097 W. This location is surprisingly close to World of Fun, which is 39.1767 N 94.4867 W, and certainly much closer than to Valleyfair.

6. Finally, the mine train refers to a smaller coaster: an RMC raptor.

Please refrain from making ridiculous predictions on Theme Park Review under the ruse that someone important ever spoke to you. Thank You