TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

^ This. Plus Downdraft, Paratrooper, StatosFEAR, the slide, the boats... you know what... everything. Ride everything. Also, he's telling you to ride the carousel because you can sit on outside horses and grab for rings, so do that. If you get the brass one you get a free ride.

Second question. Bill has a good wisdom. Come hungry, eat a lot.

Yeah, whenever I hear something like "We stopped for food on the way to the park" or "We left the park and went to eat at <>", a little part of me dies.

I mean, this was my dinner last night. Then we had an ice cream waffle sandwich and a Phoenix unlimited airtime buffet for desert. It was a great night. I'm super jealous of the TPR group that's at the park today, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Sorry we couldn't make it.

38124934_10215591248128658_7528608745358622720_n.thumb.jpg.96828e99edc399344c0b4d0158c972b9.jpg

^^ Even a full queue at Phoenix is only 15-20 minutes. It's incredible how fast that line moves.

I've found Impulse can generate a long queue as well (especially if it's running one train still), but it does have a single rider line that usually gets you on pretty quickly.

I mean, this was my dinner last night. Then we had an ice cream waffle sandwich and a Phoenix unlimited airtime buffet for desert. It was a great night. I'm super jealous of the TPR group that's at the park today, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Sorry we couldn't make it.

anigif_sub-buzz-20006-1497653649-19.gif.9462ca928b52f2358a651c02a625a24a.gif

We rarely ever eat in parks and when we do we usually regret it. Knoebels on the other hand... We ate our usual healthy lunch, but I'll be damned if we didn't sample as much as possible in Knoebels for dinner. Pierogi's kicked off our food binge for the night.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going as soon as the park opens and I'm probably staying a full day there, since it's my first time, probably gonna ride everything cause I'm buying the wood coasters + all other rides (wristband?). I'll be sure to try the food , seems like it's super good from all the reviews of it. All this week is supposed to rain so I hope it isn't bad (or doesn't rain at all, the weather app on iPhones can change up until the day of haha). I'll be sure to post a TR as I'm going to Waldameer also this week. (:

Bill, your facial expression in that picture is one of pure, unbridled joy. I wear a similar one at Knoebels, especially when I'm eating those pierogis.

God, I need to get back to Elysburg.

Bill, your facial expression in that picture is one of pure, unbridled joy. I wear a similar one at Knoebels, especially when I'm eating those pierogis.

God, I need to get back to Elysburg.

That's my expression when eating the potato cakes -- those are my go-to snack anytime I visit the park. As much as I enjoy the pierogies at Knoebels, when you have a Ukrainian grandma who's been cooking them for over half a century, it's impossible to put any on a pedestal above hers. <3

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going as soon as the park opens and I'm probably staying a full day there, since it's my first time, probably gonna ride everything cause I'm buying the wood coasters + all other rides (wristband?). I'll be sure to try the food , seems like it's super good from all the reviews of it. All this week is supposed to rain so I hope it isn't bad (or doesn't rain at all, the weather app on iPhones can change up until the day of haha). I'll be sure to post a TR as I'm going to Waldameer also this week. (:

You won’t be able to ride everything. There’s simply too much for 1 day. (Was there 15 hours yesterday and tho we rode a LOT there was plenty to still do. So plan a 2nd trip). That said anything you do ride you’ll love

Adding to recommended not to miss: cosmotron (indoor metal himalaya) and two rides on train. Day and night. Completely different ride thru the woods at night

Ah, didn't know how big the park was haha. I'll keep those in mind.

It's not that big, but there's a lot in it, and it's kind of easy to get disoriented. I was only there a for three or four hours and hit everything I wanted to ride multiple times (Phoenix, Twister, Flying Turns, Haunted Mansion, Black Diamond), but I still skimped on a lot of what others here rave about. One ride that I don't think has been mentioned is Satellite — a rickety dive bomber-style ride. I loved that thing, in part because of how old-school it was.

Satellite sucks but I love that it exists, mainly because it absolutely shouldn't.

I die inside every time one of my local friends calls it the "salt and pepper shakers".

I'm planning a potential Knoebels trip in October for the first time because I really want to ride Phoenix. Curious question is Impulse "large rider friendly?" Not worried at all about the wooden coasters as I can ride the PTC trains at KD no problem (though I don't recommend another human being sit in one with me). I can also fit on rides like Intimidator 305, Apollo's Chariot, and InvadR. Also wondering what flats may be an issue.

Satellite sucks but I love that it exists, mainly because it absolutely shouldn't.

I die inside every time one of my local friends calls it the "salt and pepper shakers".

One of the reasons I love coming to this park.

I never knew people called this the salt and pepper shakers. I always thought they were this below.

6829b3252ebefcf1b8b3cc9ed225741d--carnival-rides-blue-skies.jpg.1accc3e6131a13daa0b5c4ed85dec0d3.jpg

One of the reasons I love coming to this park.

I never knew people called this the salt and pepper shakers. I always thought they were this below.

The important thing this your kids can ride that while you purchase and sample from their green apple and apple cider slushes from the stand in front of it.

...two rides on train. Day and night. Completely different ride thru the woods at night

Which train?

EDIT: Also, do I recall reading about some store you can go to to get discounts on wristbands? Where can we get those?

EDIT2: I found out that the Friday we might be visiting Knoebles is a bargain night (oh yeah my family is going to get to visit Knoebles for the 1st time ). How are crowds during Bargain nights?

I am planning to go check out Knoebels for the first time in October with my nephew, cousin, and uncle. I was wondering what the crowds are like usually on Saturdays and Sundays in October. I know must parks are usually batsh*t crazy on Saturdays in October but was wondering if Knoebels is any different since it is smaller.

Crowds are fine except for that first week in October (Phoenix Phall Phunfest and the Covered Bridge Festival). In that case, crowds are still fine in the park itself but the issue is parking because the Covered Bridge Festival is tremendously popular. I would suggest parking your car by 9am on Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Crowds are fine except for that first week in October (Phoenix Phall Phunfest and the Covered Bridge Festival). In that case, crowds are still fine in the park itself but the issue is parking because the Covered Bridge Festival is tremendously popular. I would suggest parking your car by 9am on Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Thank you sir and noted. I will probably shoot for a Saturday in mid-October. Looking forward to riding Phoenix about 50 times.

...two rides on train. Day and night. Completely different ride thru the woods at night

Which train?

EDIT: Also, do I recall reading about some store you can go to to get discounts on wristbands? Where can we get those?

EDIT2: I found out that the Friday we might be visiting Knoebles is a bargain night (oh yeah my family is going to get to visit Knoebles for the 1st time ). How are crowds during Bargain nights?

the "big" one that goes out into the woods (station near Ferris Wheel).

during day times (afternoon), they put out corn holders/feeders in the woods that attract squirrels and deer.

during night times? PITCH BLACK with only the headlight from the train engine lighting up a few feet ahead. . . going thru the woods in the dark. . like a horror film. it's awesome!

the train tracks also go over a bridge, thru a tunnel, and under Twister. . you can get some great pictures on this train.

EDIT: and don't miss the live bald Eagles. They are in an enclosure just to the left and in back of Black Diamond. Many folks don't realize that Knoebel's even has live Eagles, but they do, and if you get the timing right, you can watch the feeding, and talk to the caregivers.