TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Without having ever ridden TC or TT.....I haven’t yet prioritized getting to other parks but want to....WC is absolutely ridiculous.....it throws a lot at you in a short period of time....I rode this the first year it opened without ever knowing it was a refurb and without knowing anything about RMC....what a god damn ride man....this thing is incredible really....my 11 yr old has been riding a couple seasons now - with the shorter height requirements - and she was more nervous to get on Superman than ride WC.....IMO WC is such a diffeeent ride and is up there with Superman at the top of its class....

Again I haven’t ridden very many coasters.....I need to get to more parks....but I’m loving what’s at SFNE....

WC hasn’t been running well at all this year. When it’s running great it’s a top tier RMC for sure but with the way it’s running now, it’s more midpack. Currently the weakest of the RMCs I’ve ridden, albeit I’ve only ridden 3 of them.

Last Wednesday I went to Six flags great adventure and they closed 2 hours early because there were so few people in the park it was unprofitable to keep running. I'm going to six flags New England tonight and was wondering if that sometimes happens there as well.

Edit: I also would like to know which rides close down during light rain

Edited by OmnipotentSeal

It happens all the time, but only if the park can blame weather. Today’s a Saturday and the forecast is okay-ish. I think you’re fine.

I’m pretty sure everything runs in the rain except Goliath which never runs in the sun either so what’s the difference?

So I was going to wait for my first post to be a Trip Report as I am currently at Six Flags New England for three days with my family, but I figured I would give an update on some of the rides in the park. Yesterday, Goliath (shocker), Harley Quinn, and Crime Wave were all down. Not sure if Crime Wave was down all day, but was a bummer to see Harley Quinn sitting there without anyone attempting to get it running. Any idea what is up with it?

Oh, and here is me super excited getting to the park early only to find out Wicked Cyclone didn’t open for another hour after opening!

41F2D72F-9306-4B02-8956-4FEB8D07B61F.thumb.jpeg.44f96928008e3d5bc27f3791dcccafa4.jpeg

I got a ride in on Harley Quinn shortly after a breakdown on Tuesday afternoon, but just after I rode it went down for what ended up being the rest of the night. Not sure what was up. They tested it a few times before giving up.

Also noticed a ladder underneath Crime Wave so something might be up with that too.

Hi I just wanted to give a quick update based on the last review.

I was at the park yesterday and Harley Quinn was still down, Superman had the one train but it wasn't busy so the wait wasn't to bad. Goliath has a sign up closed for refurbishment and Crime Wave is completely dismantled. I wasn't able to get any info maybe someone else knows.

Wicked Cyclone was down for a bit so didn't get to ride it. We spent most of the day in the water park which was not that crowded. I don't even try to go on the weekends anymore. It is just way too crowded. The water park was staggering some of the guards and opening the walk through river and pool later. Typhoon is down to one raft. The line was crazy.

We have found that eating at the Good Eats Cafe across from JB 's is very good. We enjoy salads and the salad bar is nice. The teens said the pasta and the brisket were good also.

Overall a typical day there. I am hoping to get back up a couple more times before school starts. I am glad that my home park is only 45 minutes away.

1891449517_thumbnail(36).thumb.jpg.be8999508f7774dadb3f458bcd2a985c.jpg

One train on Superman plus Goliath and Harley Quinn being down in the middle of the summer is a bummer. But luckily it wasn't too crowded for you on a weekday.

I'm really horrified to hear how long Superman's line will get on a busy weekend day until that 2nd train comes back.

Typhoon was down to 1 raft? Shouldn't it have like 12 or something? Lol

Hi that is what the attendant told my daughter. Actually when we were there last week they only had 3 tubes. She said that two had popped. How does a company like 6 flags not have tube replacements. I have seen the line long before but it was down all flights of stairs at 11:20.

I doubt anyone cares but Kryptonite Kollider is now listed as "Closed for the Season" on the website.

But the ride that's completely dismantled and probably on its way to the Big E is just "temporarily closed". Ok...

Also when I was there last week seemed like nearly half of the food kiosks were closed. And long lines at the ones that were open. Sad that a park with 2 of the best coasters on the planet is so close yet I can't even bear to go there more than a couple times a season because it's just not fun to go there anymore. There isn't a thing to do in that park that doesn't end up somehow becoming a big hassle. What I'd give to have Knoebels there instead...