TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I mean...

As interesting as this is, where would they put a roller coaster? The dino's contract has until 2019 and then it will be gone, and I just can't think of any other reasonable locations that would be a good spot for crowds and a new coaster.

Old RipTide and scrambler location. Could also relocated or remove bumber cars for more space. They also could remove the amphitheater and use that space(I don’t think it’s used for anything anyways). Edited by Donomike05

Does anybody know if CedarFair has bought any Mack coasters? I recently came back from Silver Dollar City. I rode Time Traveler and it was fabulous. But more importantly, I loved how the coaster ran, the seats were unbelievably comfortable and looking at their website they have a lot of options that would fit very well with Valleyfair.

On another note; that post that bzurn posted about is curious. Screamscape is reporting it as a teaser for Hangtime at KBF. That doesn't make any sense because the coaster has been open for months. CGA maybe but it seems to me the wording fits in with Minnesota almost perfectly especially when they mention it getting very cold and very hot. And when it said across the Mississippi, that can only mean KBF, CGA or Valleyfair. I don't think WOF is west of the Mississippi. So.......who knows! Didn't our current GM come from Carowinds, a park that loves to tease well before any announcements?

OK, I answered my own question. There are a few scattered small coasters or Mad Mouse type coasters built by Mack but nothing major. But if the rumors are true Carowinds new coaster is said to be a Mack double launch, multiple inversion coaster similar to "Icon" I really hope so! A coaster like that will cost CedarFair about $22,000,000. Maybe a bit high for Valleyfair but maybe????

I mean...As interesting as this is, where would they put a roller coaster? The dino's contract has until 2019 and then it will be gone, and I just can't think of any other reasonable locations that would be a good spot for crowds and a new coaster.

Agreed. That is why I think this teaser has nothing to do with VF.

Old RipTide and scrambler location. Could also relocated or remove bumber cars for more space. They also could remove the amphitheater and use that space(I don’t think it’s used for anything anyways).

Sure they could put it there but that means they would have to remove everything or some of the things you mentioned and prepare the space for a coaster and have it up by next year. I really doubt that will happen. To do that they would have had to start this project already and there is no signs of that at all. What ever is or is not happening next year we should know about within a month.

The only hint of Valleyfair is the Mississippi River, but we'll see.

I honestly don't think that's even a big enough detail to imply that it would be Valleyfair to be completely honest. My guess is it will just be a general improvement year since we haven't had one since 2013.

If you are there for the opening of the park there is no reason you should need Fast Pass. Just hit Mad Mouse first due to capacity issues and then hit the rest of the coasters and thrill rides. The only reason you would need a fast pass was if you are really pressed for time. If you are there at opening you should have the coasters done by about 2 pm and have the rest of the day to do what you want at the park..

Yesterday afternoom pretty much everything was a station wait except for Renegade (and of course mad mouse). You won't have a problem getting on everything you want. I actually rode pretty much every ride at the park that isn't a kiddie coaster and it only took us about 6 hours - including eating, the dog show, and a reride on Steel Venom and Wild Thing.

You'll be fine. Ride Mad Mouse first if you care, then take the park at your leisure.

^

There was a news article recently reporting that Cedar Fair’s overall attendance is slightly down so this might be a reflection of that. If anything, it seems like there have been a lot of Saturdays so far this year with less than ideal weather so that might have something to do with it.

Has anyone else noticed that the park has been a lot slower this year?
valleyfair doesn’t attract many tourists. And the locals who visit valleyfair are tired of riding the same rides year after year with only a minor addition to look forward to.

^

If anything, it seems like there have been a lot of Saturdays so far this year with less than ideal weather so that might have something to do with it.

There's been a seemingly above average number of weekdays, too.

Rain, rain; go away. Little Johnny wants to play.

It's amazing how crowded the park gets when all the rides shut down. I was there Sunday to see the Harlem Globetrotters. I went to go ride some coasters after the show and almost every single ride had shut down. There were people everywhere! All the lines for food were so long. It was also interesting to notice all of the people that had brought a picnic to the park and were eating on the lawn outside. I've really enjoyed having Valleyfair as my home park this summer!

I just got home from Valleyfair today again the rides went down for two hours for lightning but it wasn’t even raining around Valleyfair the storms were south east today. But lightning was within 5 miles from the park. When the rides went down around 4:30 everybody went to the restaurants to eat with long lines but I’ve seen that many times this year.

valleyfair doesn’t attract many tourists. And the locals who visit valleyfair are tired of riding the same rides year after year with only a minor addition to look forward to.

As a local myself I totally agree with this statement.

I think enthusiasts have a tendency to underestimate the power of those Larson loops. It actually garnered a fair bit of attention with people telling folks in my family stuff like "you gotta try the new Delirious". There's a surprising number of people talking about it, at least where I'm at, so I wouldn't say it's entirely ineffective. Is it a spike on the same level as a major coaster addition? Absolutely not, but there's definitely people excited about the ride (and it's a good ride that's new why wouldn't they be).

I also find it hard to believe that a lack of a major coaster addition is the single cause of a less busy park (And I can't say I've noticed it's that much less busy, on my visits this year it has seemed pretty typical for crowds, but I'm not there as much as others in this thread are). Especially considering that this decrease in attendance appears to be affecting parks nationwide.

Edited by GCI Wooden

^ Did not see Northern Lights, return of the Antique Cars, Flying Eagles, North Star or Delirious coming over the last four years so I really have no idea what could be coming in 2019. With no signs of the proposed water park/parking lot expansion project being started I don’t see anything being added to the water park. No signs of or even room for a new coaster either. So maybe a new flat ride in the old Tilter spot by Wild Thing or possibly a new Camp Snoopy ride. Hopefully it’s just not ‘General Improvements’. I am curious too, what do others think?

^ I am curious too, what do others think?

I could see looping starships get removed for a water park expansion or a new flat ride in RipTide spot. But I really want to find out what this tease about the Mississippi is about.