TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2018 Tickets - ON SALE NOW!

^^ When I attended in 2016, I stayed at the Knott's Hotel, and I connected up beforehand with a member

here in TPR (hi Bryan!). Then he and I drove up in his car to MM for that day (which was the Sat. that time).

Knott's of course was an easy five minute walk to the front gates. And that was that! I had put a

reserve on a rental car "just in case," but didn't need it and cancelled it the week before I left. Easy!

So, that's what some of you here could be doing, connecting up for rides to MM, or Knott's from your hotels, etc.

Just a suggestion. Have a great weekend everybody!

IMG_2786.JPG.46d1dd7ca09cb0d7c5798c61e5ff055e.JPG

Me and Bryan on Ghostrider, WCB 2016.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It's really what you like better. A lot of people base camp at the Knott's hotel (especially if they'll also be visiting Disney on the trip). But if you don't like to get up early, switching hotels is also possible.

That was the operative phrase for me. Knott's also provided a nice little shuttle to Disney, which was great to use.

And there is an easy way by bus, to get to Disney even earlier, if you have Early Entry, like I did on the Tuesday.

Universal could be included too, but that would have definitely meant renting a car. So I didn't include Universal.

IMG_2079.JPG.73aa6d7577edb523fd958a752a206ab1.JPG

The bunch of us at Knott's WCB Day ~ 2016 ~ I'm in the middle, below the guy in the dark blue shirt! With cap'n beard.

I just purchased my tickets for WCB 2018. My flight is already booked. I love this event, so I'm very excited that it's back again.

I started going to West Coast Bash in 2009. The only time I didn't go was 2016. Since there was no West Coast Bash in 2017, I'll need to have three times as much fun this year. With TPR, that should be pretty easy.

Sounds awesome! What do people typically do for lodging? Both Knotts and SFMM have hotels within walking distance, but the parks are almost 1 hour, 45 minutes apart (without traffic). Does it make sense to just stay by Knotts and drive over to SFMM for the day? Would the Sunday morning drive to SFMM from Knotts be pretty hectic?

If you were doing other stuff in Orange County on Monday like Disney I would stay at the Knott's hotel. You would have to wake up earlier on Sunday Morning to get to SFMM but traffic should be smooth - Sunday mornings is one of the best times to drive in LA as traffic is light.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

^It's really what you like better. A lot of people base camp at the Knott's hotel (especially if they'll also be visiting Disney on the trip). But if you don't like to get up early, switching hotels is also possible.

Don't mind waking up early too much, and it's less of a hassle to me than switching hotels. Not having a hotel to go back to in the middle of the day could be a bit of an annoyance, but considering it would be my 1st time to SFMM, I'd probably want to stay at the park as long as I can.

Not having a hotel to go back to in the middle of the day could be a bit of an annoyance, but considering it would be my 1st time to SFMM, I'd probably want to stay at the park as long as I can.

The park is open 1030am-11pm, extra hours are 2 hrs before and after, so the whole event will likely be 8:30am-1am not including check in, which is usually an hour before event start, so probably about 7:30am.

The park hours are 10:30am - 6:00pm. I would appreciate it if people could let ME respond to questions regarding the timing and schedule of the event. You have effectively just given someone WRONG information which could also potentially show up in a Google search and which could result in me having to answer even MORE questions. I do not appreciate this.

So please, DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS EVENT!!!!

That information will come from me and only me.

Understood? Thank you.

Sorry I was looking at the following week by mistake I think for the park hours. Only meant to give general advice about having a place nearby to rest at, it was not my intention to seem like I was giving an official schedule. Nonetheless I've deleted that advice from my post so that it doesn't come up in any searches and will not post again.

Sorry I was looking at the following week by mistake I think for the park hours. Only meant to give general advice about having a place nearby to rest at, it was not my intention to seem like I was giving an official schedule. Nonetheless I've deleted that advice from my post so that it doesn't come up in any searches and will not post again.

It looks like you left in the WRONG hours for the event. Seriously, what are you doing??? You're making this worse.

So Rob...

We talkin' a nice hot Venti Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte this year?... Or a hot PSL?...

Just remember that your order will be multiplied by 15 (or more) upon completion, courtesy of those who actually read your entire Big Bad West Coast Bash Email every year.

...I would love to do a trip like this in September, but we are still deciding if we are going to hold Michael's memorial service in Massachusetts that weekend or the next, so I (like you, Bill) will wait to see if there is one next year. And if there is another Oktoberfest trip scheduled instead, I may jump on that one too! ...

omg, We've just reserved a room at Knott's Hotel for that visit, next year!

We've planned 9 nights for a really nice stay, with a train trip down, too!

It's jumping the gun a bit (we still won't know if there's a WCB till next summer).

But that's okay. I wanted get back to Knott's and Disney, especially with Galaxy's Edge

opening at DL next summer.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I just registered my group. They were all bummed out last year when I informed them 2017 wasn't happening but we're all excited for our 9th year at WCB this year! We can't wait!

AWESOME! Look forward to seeing you guys again!