TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Sounds like the new Skywarp may be one of the worst investments SF has ever made. SFOT and SFGA, respectively, have been having tons of problems with their new ABC Tourbillion rides. But apparently you guys are having even worse problems with your new Skyline attraction. I hope SF doesn't end up regretting that they bought these rides.

Does anyone know if X2 was partially responsible for Six Flags going bankrupt? I'm guessing rides like Kingda Ka, El Toro, both Goliaths and Tatsu were probably responsible for SF going bankrupt.

Six Flags was responsible for Six Flags going bankrupt.

Media day for Harley Quinn is on the 27th.

Will this be the last new for 2018 attraction to open in the chain this year?

Well yes and it just got delayed again as Media Day was postponed to an unknown date

Did it get postponed again after the 27th? I'm going next week and doubt I'd be riding it anyway, but I'd like to see it. Mostly I'm hoping that I'm not there right after it opens because I'd rather not have additional crowds from a brand new ride.

^That was my initial thought because the back car looked pretty “off” from what I can see from the gate and through the structure. It probably isn’t, but it was really squeaking and making noise earlier today on those hills so it is simply a possibility that crossed my mind.

Has this coaster valleyed on those hills before? This is my first time at the park so I’m not sure what to expect.

^That was my initial thought because the back car looked pretty “off” from what I can see from the gate and through the structure. It probably isn’t, but it was really squeaking and making noise earlier today on those hills so it is simply a possibility that crossed my mind.

Has this coaster valleyed on those hills before? This is my first time at the park so I’m not sure what to expect.

from what I've been told from a ride op on the ride is that if one of the operators takes their finger off the dispatch button too early the ride will end up getting stuck before the lift. This has happened a few times so far.

Has [Joker] valleyed on those hills [before the lift] before? This is my first time at the park so I’m not sure what to expect.

from what I've been told from a ride op on the ride is that if one of the operators takes their finger off the dispatch button too early the ride will end up getting stuck before the lift. This has happened a few times so far.

I've done something similar operating an Arrow Wild Mouse. Fortunately the car could be pushed from the station platform so that it could go to the lift (much to the chagrin of the platform operator )

SFDK sent out an email today that ERT on harley quinn crazy coaster will be this Monday, July 30.

10:30 - 1 pm Diamond and Diamond Elite Only

1 - 2:30 Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond, Diamond Elite

2:30 - 6 Members and Season Pass Holders

6 pm - all guests

bring your membership or pass card

"While unlikely, as with all new attractions, unexpected delays may affect attraction availability; we appreciate your patience."

Nice to see that they are finally opening this thing. I’m really interested to hear what the ride experience is like and whether it feels more like a coaster or a super loop. It looks like it would be a fun ride, so I am cautiously optimistic about it.

This is really ridiculous a ride is opening for the season with 2 weeks of full operation hours left. The week of Aug 13 they cut back to 6pm close for a week and then are weekends only thru the fall. It's essentially like getting nothing for 2018 for the majority of the peak season to draw people in to the new "shiny thing".

This is really ridiculous a ride is opening for the season with 2 weeks of full operation hours left. The week of Aug 13 they cut back to 6pm close for a week and then are weekends only thru the fall. It's essentially like getting nothing for 2018 for the majority of the peak season to draw people in to the new "shiny thing".

Don't blame the park, this ride was a prototype for a smaller company and it has been having many issues that skyline has been working in. I bet the park and Skyline are both annoyed by all the issues.

Don't blame the park, this ride was a prototype for a smaller company and it has been having many issues that skyline has been working in. I bet the park and Skyline are both annoyed by all the issues.

SFDK is partly to blame. As of the first week of June they were still pouring concrete and not close to being ready for completion or testing. They had no intention of opening the ride till late June at best or early July. The issues with Skyline were later on. The construction was purposely started late, which is SF plan to have nothing ready early in the season and if you're lucky memorial day. More than 1/2 the parks didn't open rides till the middle of June and several not till July.

I wonder if this late opening will affect the timeline of possible future attractions next year. We've gotten thrill rides the last three years so I'd be surprised if they got another one next year. Even a family ride could take some time to plan and build. Maybe they'll opt for a show next year? Or a waterpark addition and market it as a park addition. I'd love to see more animal exhibits especially since many of the park's animals are starting to die from old age, but I would be surprised if they did with the continuing scrutiny of aquatic parks and zoos.

I guess we'll see. Isn't the Six Flags announcement usually in August?

I wonder if this late opening will affect the timeline of possible future attractions next year. We've gotten thrill rides the last three years so I'd be surprised if they got another one next year. Even a family ride could take some time to plan and build. Maybe they'll opt for a show next year? Or a waterpark addition and market it as a park addition. I'd love to see more animal exhibits especially since many of the park's animals are starting to die from old age, but I would be surprised if they did with the continuing scrutiny of aquatic parks and zoos.

I guess we'll see. Isn't the Six Flags announcement usually in August?

New additions are planned years in advance so I doubt next year is affected. I think the reason why they started construction was late because track and trains didn't show up until mid may and even then they had most of the footers in.

The general public is going to blame the park regardless especially when SF as an whole is tight lipped when just about anything goes wrong or breaks down.

I went down on Monday for the season pass preview. I have to say both my kids and I all agreed that the ride was not that great. Even with almost no lines they both agreed that they didn't want to ride it again. Its slow, shaky, and has a short cycle. If it was twice as big then you may have something but for now its more of a kids ride (which is oddly themed to the least "kid friendly" character).