Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1415: The Horrors of Blumhouse coming to HHN!
Users viewing this topic: jedimaster1227 and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby AUWent » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 am

Another original house announced! "Slaughter Sinema."

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Invertalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 am

I just love the direction this year's event is going. A lot of original content, great overall theme. Can't wait!
-Steve

I Love Donkeys!

Postby AUWent » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 am

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Chiselphane » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 am

AUWent wrote:https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/06/28/universal-announces-chucky-and-killer-klowns-from-outer-space-for-halloween-horror-nights-scare-zones

Final two scare-zones announced! I LOVE Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

OMG that's one of my favorite movies and no joke. I'm broke as hell though, we are scraping together pennies as it is to get my daughter there next year for her 11th birthday. (We have a family tradition of taking our kids on their 11th birthday, as that's when kids start at Hogwarts)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:35 am

The two final scare zones were also announced for this year's event, featuring two iconic horror films!

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/chucky-and-killer-klowns-hhn/

This fall, the world’s most deadliest doll and hungry Killer Klowns from Outer Space will invade Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. Get ready for two new scare zones.

Revenge-of-Chucky-at-Universal-Orlandos-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018-1170x731.jpg

First up—Chucky is back! After 30 years of mayhem, he’s creating chaos in the streets during a toy fair that’s turned lethal in the Revenge of Chucky scare zone. At this festival of toys, Chucky has twisted these playthings into new nightmares. Chucky himself rules this zone as he commands his minions to carve up some horror. This scare zone will be a tortuous delight to behold as he dishes out some revenge personally.

Killer-Klowns-from-Outer-Space-at-Universal-Orlandos-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018.jpg

The horror and fun keeps coming as we bring to you Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ cult classic, sci-fi horror film Killer Klowns from Outer Space. As you enter the domain of these Killer Klowns, the smell of cotton candy hides the fact that this is all trick and no treat. This sweet candy is spun from human victims grotesquely cocooned inside giant pods of cotton candy. Try and escape the Killer Klowns or you’ll face the wrath of their cotton candy rayguns that turn you into a tasty cotton candy snack.

Revenge-of-Chucky-at-Universal-Orlandos-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpg

Earlier this month, we revealed three scare zones with their very own haunting stories. These original Scare Zones were Vamp 85: New Year’s Eve, Twisted Traditions and The Harvest. Click here for details.

The nightmares and frights inspired from 1980’s horror films are taking over this year’s event. You’ll face your greatest fears of the past in 10 houses featuring the biggest names in horror like Netflix’s “Stranger Things” and Legendary Pictures’ “Trick ‘r Treat”. Brave five spine-chilling scare zones with hordes of menacing creatures. And watch the powerhouse dance crew, Academy of Villains, kill it with a new show packed with twisted entertainment.

Catch up on all the gruesome details for Halloween Horror Nights and get your tickets now. You’ve got 34 nights to choose from between Sept. 14 – Nov. 3. We’re inching closer and closer to our favorite time of year!

Universal Orlando Resort has also announced that this year's Halloween Horror Nights will feature a new 80's inspired house, Slaughter Sinema!

Slaughter-Sinema-Premieres-at-Halloween-Horror-Nights-1170x731.jpg

We’re taking 80s B-movie monsters and creatures and putting them into one frightening experience—Slaughter Sinema. This new haunted house joins the line-up of original storylines you’ll brave at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 28.

It’s showtime at the local drive-in. As you approach, you’ll see movie trailers of what you’re about to witness, filling you with dread as you make your way inside. The smell of popcorn will be first to hit your senses as you find yourself in a movie theater snack bar. But from there, it’s all downhill for this double-feature.

In one film, you’ll be hunted by werewolf bikers. In another, you’ll come across a bloody, gut-strewn pumpkin patch. And did I mention deadly barbers?

You’ll find yourself screaming through this sinister sinema as you try to avoid becoming the snack of alien cannibals, creatures with tons of teeth and a ravenous swamp yeti. Yes, you read that right.

Here are a few movie posters of the fearsome flicks you’ll see.

Cult-of-the-Beast-Baby-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpg

Slaughter Sinema - Amazon Cannibals from Planet Hell.jpg

Slaughter-Sinema-Pumpkin-Guts.jpg

This year’s event is going to be intense with more haunted houses than ever, terrifying scare zones and a powerhouse show. It’s time to get your tickets or book a vacation package and start dreaming of the nightmares that await you this fall from Sept. 14 – Nov. 3. Click here to receive upcoming details on this year’s event.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:12 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced that their new nighttime lagoon show, Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration is now officially open!

Universal Orlando Resort’s all-new nighttime lagoon show – Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration – officially opens tonight at Universal Studios Florida. Guests now have a brand-new way to cap off their day in Universal Studios as they enjoy an “epic cinema under the stars” in the heart of the theme park.

The show seamlessly blends panoramic water screens accented by multi-layer water screens, pyrotechnics, lasers, projection mapping and more than 120 dancing fountains to transform the lagoon and surrounding buildings into a vivid celebration of beloved characters from Universal attractions and some of the world’s biggest films. And guests will watch it all come to life in an all-new dedicated viewing area designed specifically for the show.

Guests will witness moments from the Harry Potter film series conjured by way of spells, terrifying roars from Jurassic World dinosaurs, high-octane action from the Fast & Furious films, mischief by the Minions from Illumination’s Despicable Me and more come to life each night in the heart of the Universal Studios lagoon.

Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration runs select nights this summer. Guests can now enjoy two spectacular nighttime shows during their visit to Universal Orlando Resort this summer – Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration in Universal Studios Florida and The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

For more information, dates and times for Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration, visit http://www.UniversalOrlando.com.
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_1.jpg
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_2.jpg
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_3.jpg
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_4.png
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_5.jpg
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_6.jpg
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_7.jpg
Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration_8.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:30 am

I thought their old nighttime show was pretty much complete trash, this looks awesome!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ragerunner1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:31 am

coasterbill wrote:I thought their old nighttime show was pretty much complete trash, this looks awesome!

Its a huge step forward.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Here are some of the highlights from the opening night of the new show.

Yes, it's basically a "World of Color Knock-Off" but I think it's exactly what Universal Orlando needed and I think fans of the park and the properties included in the show will absoultely love it!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Well, that's about a million percent better than the old show!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!