TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:13 pm

Blue Turbo wrote:HAPPY MARCHING FUN!!!

SQUID!!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:06 am

robbalvey wrote:
bert425 wrote:surprised they don't have Mickey Mouse with a squirtgun perched on one of the rocks spraying everyone.

Careful what you wish for! During “Chip N Dale’s Summer Splash” they have the two characters on a boat with a firehose spraying down anyone within reach! lol

This show cracked me up back in 2007.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:25 am

I should pay more attention on twitter and not just wait for these reports. I almost missed out on the free video and as I mentioned on the TPR video thread I loved those old music videos back on the original TPR video page.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 am

Regina George: The Ride! :lmao: :lol:

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:06 am

[insert fetch reference here]
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby StevoB » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Someday I am going to make it there. Enjoying your trip vicariously.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 pm

I rode it the wrong way the first time and since the trains were slightly smaller than usual, the grab bar on the seat in front of me kept bashing into my shins the whole ride... horrible pain... :omg:

But I re-rode it and tucked my feet off to the side and it was 100 times better. Still not the smoothest coaster, but it almost ended up at the bottom of my list if I didn't give it a second chance!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:07 pm

<sighs> Regina, Regina, Regina.

Whatta Queen She is! =)

Great video, Robb. And I miss Tobu Zoo, too.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Our next day we were back at Tokyo Disneyland! The way the multi-day tickets work at Tokyo Disney Resort is if you are doing more than two days, you HAVE to choose which park you want to do which day, and then after two days, your ticket becomes a park hopper. You are not allowed to hop parks in the first two days and have to dedicate which day you will do which park. They do this to control attendance. Since there are 9.2 million people who live in just Tokyo alone, this is a way they help the parks to avoid overcrowding.

Currently on the monorail on our way to Tokyo Disneyland!

IMG_4334.JPG

Yay we are here!

IMG_4343.JPG

Since Tokyo Disney uses the more classic "paper Fast Pass" system, I'll collect everyone's park tickets and go run and get a Fast Pass for everyone!

These two videos are just a small example of the insane efficiency displayed at Tokyo Disney. If the US non-Disney amusement parks could even do 10% of whatever it is Tokyo Disney does to accomplish this, our parks would be run so much better!

And yes we had an awesome ride on Space Mountain!

IMG_4413.JPG
Random castle photo!

IMG_4392.JPG
Another Haunted Mansion scrim! That is the second one of these I've seen this month! (Phantom Manor currently has one up, too!)

On a busy Saturday at Tokyo Disneyland we’ve already ridden Pooh, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pinocchio, and are currently holding FastPasses for Monsters Inc and Big Thunder! Not bad for it only being 10:32am!

When we arrived at Monsters Inc we were given these “English translation” cards so we would understand the ride since it is all in Japanese!

These are super cool!

For some reason after riding Space Mountain I really REALLY want a CocaCola!!!

I have no idea what it is that made me want this so badly! :lol:

IMG_4431.JPG
And yes, even the vending machines at Tokyo Disney are amazingly themed! :p

IMG_4354.JPG
As part of the 35 Happiest Celebration they had these random "High Five Lanes" filled with Cast Members to bring joy and happiness to everyone in the park! Watch the video below!

IMG_4384.JPG
More of these cool Mickey statues. This one has a dragon! Ooooh!

IMG_4390.JPG
One of these day maybe Tokyo Disneyland will update their Fantasyland to include the newer looking version of Dumbo.

Beautiful day here at Tokyo Disneyland!

Greetings from Camp Woodchuck!

IMG_4474.JPG
I just love all the random streetmosphere and show elements they have added to the 35 Happiest Celebration! This woman was doing back flips....

IMG_4476.JPG
This guy was break dancing! And watch this cute video clip below with the piano cycle guy...

IMG_4536.JPG
I just love the way the Japanese line up for parades. All very organized and polite, with the parade mats that they sit on and umbrellas when it's hot. No pushing, shoving, or arguing to find a spot. The rest of the world could really learn a lot from this culture.

Monsters Inc. Hide and Go Seek is a very original attraction for Tokyo Disney. You play “Flashlight Tag” on your adventure with Mike, Sulley, and Boo!

DSC02323.JPG
The ride is great and features lots of physical sets and animatronics. No screens.

DSC02341.JPG
And it's sort of adorable, also!

IMG_4679.JPG
Another random castle shot!

IMG_4696.jpg
Sunset behind Tokyo Disneyland!

If you go to Tokyo Disneyland without getting one of these amazing Mickey Mouse waffles, shame on you! You’ve missed out on one of the parks E-Ticket attractions!!!

This is VERY difficult to convey in pictures but...
2 minutes ago there were THOUSANDS of people all out here sitting down watching the parade.

The parade ended. They all got up...

And there is NOT A SINGLE PIECE OF TRASH ON THE GROUND!

IMG_4658.JPG
And we'll end this update with a picture of a British dude holding a squishy watermelon. Why? Why not! :lol: :lmao:

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for Part Twenty Six of TPR's Japan 2018 Trip!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:40 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Great report, per usual. I'm probably not as big of a Disney geek as many other people around here, but I NEED to get to Tokyo DisneySea at some point. Or really just Japan for that matter. I admire how efficient, polite, and respectable their culture really is. If only every park was run like this!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!