TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Great report! Benyland and Lina World definitely look like two quirky parks.

And I was looking for somewhere to eat before leaving for my flight. Pitta 00 looks perfect!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Postby bert425 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:42 pm

that last pizza looks absolutely incredible.

wow.

love the smaller parks too. . hehe.. posting inside a shrimp! it's like human sushi.
the apparition mannequins are really neat too.

question: has Hello Kitty gone down in popularity in Japan? (wondering because of the apparently neglected Hello Kitty coaster).

she's there in the Sanrio dark ride, so the characters seem to still be popular enough, but wondering if HK herself has declined in popularity? did you notice anything like that during your trip?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Bit late, but glad to hear I wasn't crazy for thinking Fuji-Q was actually pretty good recently. Definitely hoping to see them continue the trend!
bert425 wrote:question: has Hello Kitty gone down in popularity in Japan? (wondering because of the apparently neglected Hello Kitty coaster).

she's there in the Sanrio dark ride, so the characters seem to still be popular enough, but wondering if HK herself has declined in popularity? did you notice anything like that during your trip?

I'd say kind of like a Mickey Mouse scenario with her: while still arguably the most recognizable of the Sanrio characters, definitely not the most prevalent, especially with newer characters popping up (e.g. Gudetama, Aggretsuko).
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 pm

I've been scrolling through pictures and captions of your Japan trip telling myself that I'll stop in a couple minutes and go to bed. That was an hour ago. Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm going to be tired, tomorrow.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:45 am

Day Twenty Four - Tokyo DisneySEA!

For the next four days we would be our "official" days at Tokyo Disney! Yes, the six visits made to Tokyo Disney previous were just "bonus" visits! :lol: We ended up taking 15,000 photos during this trip and probably five or six thousand of them were all at Tokyo Disney. So there is a LOT I still haven't posted yet. The most difficult part about the next few updates is choosing what to post. I'm going to start with the updates I did on Twitter since they tell more of a story (sort of) and then after I will probably post a stupid amount of random photos from Tokyo Disney just "because."

So enjoy the next few updates from Tokyo Disney!

Day Twenty Four - Tokyo DisneySEA

What can be said about this park that hasn't been said already. It is the most beautiful park in the world some of Disney's top attractions and hands down is my favorite park on the planet. I could spend countless days here, sometimes not riding a single thing and still have an amazing day.

I feel like the way I do Tokyo Disney parks is very different from your typical visitor and is not that different from how I visit my local Walt Disney World parks in Orlando. I have been here so many times now that I'm just as okay riding stuff as I am not riding stuff. And as much as I love all the attractions and will happily ride them over and over again, just being immersed into the atmosphere of the park is almost enough for me. If I didn't get on a certain attraction this time, I know I've done it in the past and I know I'll ride it again in the future, and there were actually quite a few things I didn't ride or go see this visit, and I was perfectly fine with that.

I know it's a strange way to visit a park, but it's completely "stress & hassle free" and for me it just makes my park visits that much more enjoyable.

Onto some photos & video!

I will simply never tire of this view!

IMG_3871.JPG
Or this view...

IMG_3932.JPG
Thematically, Tokyo DisneySEA’s version of Tower of Terror is by far the best.

And it’s one of the top attractions Walt Disney Imagineering has created!

There are a few things in this world that no matter how many times I walk past it, I always have to take a photo. This is one of those things!

So one of our TPR members randomly got the "popcorn pass" during the 35 Happiest Celebration! (And yes, ShellieMay is now officially a TPR member!)

Let me explain... Do you remember the "Year of a million dreams" at Walt Disney World? Tokyo Disney is doing something very similar where randomly throughout your day, guests may receive little "magical moments" that will add to your visit. This popcorn pass is one of those things! (And those guys ended up getting 17 boxes of popcorn that day with it!) :lol:

IMG_3877.JPG
I will tell you that lots of time was spent in the Duffy store this visit!

IMG_3880.JPG
Many thousands of Yen was spent on the best plush animals money can buy!

IMG_3883.JPG
Megan has to choose the "perfect" StellaLou!

ShellieMay was a little too naked so we bought her a costume!

HAPPY MARCHING FUN!

StellaLou cosplaying as ShellieMay?

Can you guess which popcorn flavor Elissa is having? Hint: It’s very exotic!!!

TQCY1447.JPEG
It is always awesome catching the volcano when it is erupting!

IMG_4094.JPG
There are times walking around DisneySEA when I have to remind myself that I am in a "theme park."

IMG_3871.JPG
I have to tell myself that quite a bit, actually.

I have been on Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySEA more times than I can count...

...and I still cannot get over how well themed this ride is and how impressed I am with the attention to detail.

Apparently Harrison Hightower has kept records on cannibalism! lol

IMG_4089.JPG
Love the detail!

tower onride.jpg
We all loved Tower! (We includes ShellieMay and StellaLou!) :p

IMG_3946.JPG
WOODY!!!! DO NOT EAT SHELLIEMAY!!! She is not a gummy bear!

IMG_3929.JPG
These little guys are cute AND delicious!!! Just like veal!!! :lmao:

IMG_4129.JPG
What's this??? A Buzz Lightyear transformer??? Watch this video on how it works...

IMG_3913.JPG

HAPPY MARCHING FUN!!!

Taking a break to our favourite Yakitori place in Shibuya for one last “meat on sticks” meal!

And yes, even ShellieMay approves of this meal!

We are on the monorail heading back to our happy place!

Made it back in the park to catch the last 10 minutes of Fantasmic! That’s a huge bunch of fire, BTW! And yes, this is by far the best version of the show!

In the “Tokyo Disney does it better than any other park that has this ride system” department, I give you Indiana Jones.

IMG_4304.JPG
Shout out to this guy making a flashlight Mickey Mouse! I swear the Cast Members here are the nicest, friendliest, most respectful, fun, charming, just want to make you hug every one of them & honestly make the world a better place! We :lover: you!

IMG_4197.JPG
I love all these Mickey statues they have in both parks for the 35 Happiest Celebration!

IMG_4298.JPG
And the lighting on them at night is wonderful!

IMG_4216.JPG
Raging Spirits isn't a great coaster, but it's a "good" coaster and the theming of the ride, especially at night makes up for it!

IMG_4252.JPG
How's it going Chandu?

IMG_4269.JPG
ShellieMay had her own row on Sindbad!

IMG_4277.JPG
The volcano is looking quite active tonight!

IMG_4281.JPG
20,000 Leagues is great to ride at night because there is never any line! And your eyes always seem to adjust better to the sets in the ride also.

IMG_4283.JPG
SQUID!!!

TVBL1879.JPEG
I love all this attention to detail on the Indy ride!

This doesn’t NEED to exist but we are sure happy that it does! Goodnight from Tokyo DisneySea!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for part Twenty Five of our TPR Japan 2018 Trip update!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:22 pm.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 am

June went by so quickly! Happy to see you got to spend lots of time taking in all Tokyo Disney/Sea had to offer. It's really fun to read your takes on the little things the park does better than other Disney parks. :mickey:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:17 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:June went by so quickly! Happy to see you got to spend lots of time taking in all Tokyo Disney/Sea had to offer.

I think at 30 days this may have been our longest trip to Japan so far. The bonus day at Tokyo Disney was certainly helpful. I think I said it already but I shot something like 15,000 photos during this trip and haven't even scratched the surface of posting most of them. I have a stupid amount of video to go through also! lol

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Actually speaking about video, I posted this today:

This actually didn't start happening until our last two days at Tokyo DisneySEA so I'm getting a little ahead of myself in this report, but this video clup is too good not to share!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:22 pm

"Splash Autopia" I love it! Great video, Robb.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 pm

^ “Get Wet Aquatopia” is what it’s called.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!