TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Born when stamps were 2 cents

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby OldJJman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:02 am

I really like the look to the new entrance plaza! The funny photo ops are really cool! That food looks amazing!

Question for Robb: IIRC, weren’t all of the rides independently operated by different vendors at one time? So, has Fuji-Q had a single entity come in and unite everyone, making it a “corporate” type park, which explains the newer (and I think, better) enhancements?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 am

Great to hear that Fuji-Q may have finally turned a corner in a good way. I always thought that the park looked like tons of fun, but in almost every trip report that I would read, nope...still crappy operations with horrible waits (or unopened attractions).

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:49 am

Yet another great report, thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear Do-Dodonpa is still just as good as ever. Definitely a bucket list park, along with Nagashima!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:39 am

Fuji-Q is awesome. I really enjoyed Eejanaika with the new S&S Trains, it feels soooo much better than X2.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:35 pm

From what I gathered from when I was over there last year, Fuji-Q is owned by a company that operates the train line that goes to the park, a bus line or two that go to the park and Mt. Fuji, and a bunch of hotels and other tourist destinations around Mt. Fuji. Most parks seem to operate like this as Tobu Zoo is part of the company that runs the train line to their park as well as Tokyo SkyTree and the Seibu Group owns a train line or two (I think?), Sea Paradise, a few hotels, and Toshimaen.

I'm glad you guys had a great visit and it gets me excited for when I go back this year. I'm going to miss taking the train up as it was a very beautiful route through the Japanese Alps, but if the bus is going to get me there before opening, then I'm taking the bus! :)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:10 pm

It looks like all of you had a great time at Fuji-Q! And I think too, the "Haunted Hospital" was in need of "something"
in it's place, when we were there in 2013. It had a good, long run.

The Fuji-shaped food is awesome!!! And that front entry "village" looks amazing too! So much done,
that looks to actually improve the park experience for everybody.

Did they still have the same kind FastPass system, like you and Elissa had to deal with back in 2013, Robb?
Or was it now more streamlined, and faster, etc? I'm just curious.

Thanks for the continued update of your TR, Robb. Much appreciated. I MISS JAPAN.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ricottma » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 am

Didn't get on the Lucky Cat? We really enjoyed that when we went a few weeks ago! Japan Cool (the splash boat) was closed when we went, as was panic clock and the hospital.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:19 pm

ricottma wrote:Didn't get on the Lucky Cat? We really enjoyed that when we went a few weeks ago!

This wasn't our first visit to the park. We've ridden it before and I didn't find it all that amazing.

Postby bert425 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm

looks like y'all had an incredible time in Japan..can't believe you were there a month and if flew by so quickly.

thank you again so much for the reports! Loved following along both on Twitter and on here. not quite as good as actually being there with you, but a nice consolation prize for those of us stuck here in the States (or wherever a TPR member might live) :)

wonderful report thus far, and just as excited for the final installment (s)? .. .back at Tokyo Disney.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Day Twenty Three - Benyland & Lina World!

Today we traveled 300 kilometers north of Tokyo for a couple of smaller, quirky, but fun parks that we hadn't been to in about ten years. Both of them feature some pretty "interesting" rides and the parks themselves are nice so we thought we'd go a little north today and check out these places once again...

001.JPG
Welcome to Benyland! Disneyland, this is not! :)

002.JPG
Starting our day off with the Choo-Choo Train Jet Coaster!

002a.JPG
Choo! Choo!

003.JPG
Seriously, though, this ride was a lot of fun!

004.JPG
Benyland is an interesting park... The grounds are actually VERY nice and well kept. We saw staff operating rides, and then when they were done, went back to trimming hedges. Seriously! lol

005.JPG
I'm not so sure what to make of this sign, but there it is!

006.JPG
Cyclone is an Arrow Mine Train...

007.JPG
And it's everything you would expect from old-school Arrow "Coat Hanger" designed goodness!

008.JPG
They also have an Arrow Corkscrew...

009.JPG
And yes, you get corkscrewed on it!

010.JPG
Doesn't this trash can look like someone stole it from Disney???

011.JPG
This was an odd flat ride. I'm not sure I've seen it before. But it just looked like "Shovel: The Ride." It wasn't terribly amazing.

012.JPG
Boo!

013.JPG
Oh yeah, they also have one of those awesome Zamperla suspended kiddie Fiesta Express coaster! lol

014.JPG
If you ever wanted to be a shrimp...

015.JPG
...or an ice cream cone, now you CAN at Benyland! yay!

016.JPG
Nice park, though. This is most certainly a worthy stop in the northern part of Japan.

017.JPG
Next stop was Lina World. Another smaller park that we've been to before, but quite enjoyed for it's quirkiness.

018.JPG
Another park with a nicely landscaped entrance.

019.JPG
Boobs.

021.JPG
The whole park has this interesting "woodsy" feel to it and some of it was nicely kept up, other parts looked like it had seen better days.

022.JPG
Upon arrival to the "Jetcorster" we were slightly disappointed that they had fixed their spelling mistake!

023.JPG
Aha! But we found that it STILL exists on some signs! :P

024.JPG
The ride itself is interesting as it is the text book definition of the "Figure 8" roller coaster.

025.JPG
It does stuff.

025a.JPG
People rode it. It didn't kill us. So that's a good thing!

026.JPG
I love the little "shield" this log flume has installed on it! lol

027.JPG
"We don't want your fake comfort animals here!"

028.JPG
The next coaster was both funny and not! lol

029.JPG
Funny in that when you weren't riding it, you got to watch other people suffer in pain! lol

030.JPG
But "not" when you were riding it and you're that person! :P

031.JPG
The Hello Kitty area was pretty much all closed up.

032.JPG
It looked like it had seen better days and I hope they re-do this area.

033.JPG
They did, however have a Sanrio themed dark ride...

034.JPG
Yep, there it is.

035.JPG
There was a lot of glowy, blinky lights...

036.JPG
And characters that you probably know if you like Sanrio characters.

037.JPG
Hello, guys!

038.JPG
So happy to see this game is still just as popular in Japan! :D

039.JPG
And make sure you pick up plenty of Girly Dolls on your way out of the park! lol

040.JPG
Lina World - Nice park. Needs a little bit of love, but still a fun place!

041.JPG
The nice thing about base camping at Tokyo Disney is that every time you come back home, you get to see this sign!

042.JPG
Tonight we didn't have time to visit the parks so instead we went into Iskpiari for dinner.

043.JPG
Pitta 00 is an Italian place we've been coming to since we first started visiting Tokyo Disney 14 years ago...

044.JPG
It hasn't changed much and it's still REALLY GOOD!

045.JPG
Even better when they make your pasta right in the cheese wheel!

046.JPG
Add a few snapchat filters and now you're in theme with the area! :)

047.JPG
Minnie Kristen enjoying her pasta!

048.JPG
This is just how Janice normally looks.

049.JPG
Pac-Man pizza FTW!

050.JPG
Seriously, the pizza here is great! We always recommend this place when visiting Ikspiari!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for Part Twenty Four of our TPR Japan 2018 Report!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:51 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!