WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 172 . Slinky Dog Dash Complete POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:38 pm

YUM! on the Food Offerings! I know this is only available during this event's time.
But could this be possibly be also, some of what might be served in the
not-too-distant-future, on a remote planet outpost far, far away? :wink:

And right now, I would order a GALLON of Dueling Gazpacho done, LOL!
And I would duel among friends and frenemies alike! Go! Mean Girls On! BRDWY!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby prospekt88 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ I'm thinking they were set up, for cast members to get to certain parts of the coaster's layout. For maintenance
and landscaping work, evac areas, etc. But make it look as 'busy' as Andy has set up with his coaster and other toys. :wink:
I believe the original concept art for it, had dug out trenches and hills to go with the coaster. This may be a compromise to that.

Yeah, I guess that makes enough sense. It would be really cool if down the road they added some sort of Aquatopia-esque trackless ride that traveled the path. RC Racer vehicles would work well with that concept if not for issues with scale. It also has potential to be some sort of maze similar to Alice in Wonderland in Shanghai.

Only reason I'm intrigued is because the slinky coaster sits on a pretty huge plot for just one attraction. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finishing touches put into this area.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:41 pm

^ With Disney.......you never really know, right? :wink:
And I thought of Alice too, with some of the configurations
within that helix area of the coaster. Very cool looking.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Track visual inspection and weld inspection during normal maintenance most likely.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:57 pm

So there's rumors floating around that all three Toy Story Land rides will be in Tier 1 for FP+ and every other attraction in the park will be bumped down to Tier 2. If true I think for most people on here that makes their plans for this park pretty easy. as you can get a FP+ for both Tower and RnR Coaster, then one of Slinky or Midway Mania and head to the other right at opening.

Once Mickeys Railway and the two new Star Wars attractions open up it'll become a much more interesting decision.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:48 pm

I predict Star Wars will be a straight up Up-charge to book Fastpasses for, or at least something they haven't done before. This park will be crazy once it opens. AWESOME crazy, but seriously crazy. Battle Escape, Millennium Force, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, Star Tours, Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, and Muppets is a ridiculous lineup. That's almost all E-Ticket-level attractions and doesn't even include Indy, Frozen, Fantasmic or regular Fireworks which are also must-dos.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:40 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:I predict Star Wars will be a straight up Up-charge to book Fastpasses for, or at least something they haven't done before. This park will be crazy once it opens. AWESOME crazy, but seriously crazy. Battle Escape, Millennium Force, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, Star Tours, Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, and Muppets is a ridiculous lineup. That's almost all E-Ticket-level attractions and doesn't even include Indy, Frozen, Fantasmic or regular Fireworks which are also must-dos.

You know you're a coaster nerd when...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:40 pm

^^ It really is an amazing lineup (eventually) of "Disney E-Class" Attractions, that will make visiting this park
in the not-too-distant future, a definite thing to consider for us. One can only hope. And buy lottery tickets. :wink:

:mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 pm

I was able to take advantage of a Toy Story Land Preview today...boy oh boy was it amazing. Disney treated us like total VIPs. Slinky Dog had an almost walk-on level wait time and I rode 7 times. The ride reminds me of a slightly souped up and launched version of Seven Dwarves, it crawls over some elements but the ride is perfect for young families, the height requirement is only 38 inches I believe. I didn't get any airtime, but still a ton of fun, front seat was my favorite.

But the DETAILS in this land. They are incredible. much better than the land in Paris, there are so many cute elements, humor, new life-size versions of classic toys. Honestly I expected much less, but I left wanting to come back, Slinky Dog really anchors everything visually. Hollywood Studios is going to be my favorite park down here when 2019 is over.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:51 am

Here's a couple of the videos that we shot during our media sneak preview of Toy Story Land. We'll have more photos & videos after today's official media event!

Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!