TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/first-look-new-images-of-the-star-wars-inspired-resort-planned-for-the-walt-disney-world-resort/

Earlier this month we shared a look inside the groundbreaking new hotel concept coming to the Walt Disney World Resort that will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story.

Today, we’re thrilled to have more new visuals of this resort to share with you!

The immerse experience offered at this hotel will stand out among all of our resorts around the globe. As you can see, families visiting this resort will board a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during their voyage through the galaxy – and every window has a view of space!

The resort will also be seamlessly connected to the highly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a complete Star Wars experience. Guests visiting the resort will be welcome to participate as a resident of the galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire.

For the latest updates on all Star Wars-inspired guest offerings at the Walt Disney World Resort, visit our dedicated Star Wars page.

ksdjnf18031-624x352.jpg.6a14a22492f00faac905f97bb81cddc4.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/toy-story-lands-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-shanghai-disneyland-are-set-to-amaze-guests-in-2018/

Earlier this morning, Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, shared exciting new looks at two different Toy Story Lands that are currently under construction at Disney Parks.

Here in the U.S., Toy Story Land is set to open to guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30, 2018. This land will bring with it all the fun, imagination and beloved characters from the “Toy Story” films.

Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

When it opens, guests visiting the land will “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in on the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other favorite pals are having in Andy’s backyard. Here, guests can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit and topped off with Rex and Jessie, while Slinky serves as the coaster vehicle. (See photo above for a new look at the track).

Families will also be able to take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers, a galactic play set that Andy won from Pizza Planet. Here, adorable little green aliens swirl about in their flying saucers with guests in tow in their rocket ship toys, while “The Claw” hangs overhead.

Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008. Now expanded with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.

Woody’s Lunch Box will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window setting. The entire land will serve as a visual celebration of toys, with Crayons, Cooties, Green Army Men, Rubik’s Cubes, Tinkertoys, and other familiar toys and game pieces incorporated into the land’s design.

Bob also shared this amazing behind-the-scenes video that shows the progress that’s being made on Toy Story Lands at both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Shanghai Disneyland. (Toy Story Land at Shanghai Disneyland will include three attractions – Rex’s Racer, Slinky Dog Spin and Woody’s Round-Up – and is on track to open on April 26, 2018). Take a peek at both in the video above.

Which attraction are you most looking forward to experiencing when Toy Story Land opens this summer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – or will you make the trip to Shanghai Disneyland? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!

hsdjshs9234-624x352.png.f4ccedd2e6b5641fb5bfef4827e1d0b9.png

sdr20394820394835923-2.jpg.25209cb09426f36db2730413d03bf269.jpg

tsl203948203948203942-2.jpg.96b1ab0b2ef9897952380d311955c8f1.jpg

• 1 month later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/8-things-you-need-to-know-about-this-years-star-wars-galactic-nights/

Star Wars: Galactic Nights, the one-night special event, will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 27.

In case you aren’t familiar, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is a thrilling Star Wars-themed event held after park hours from 7 p.m.-midnight. It celebrates the entire Star Wars saga with out-of-this-world entertainment, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise and F&B, and encounters with rarely seen characters that guests can only experience during Star Wars: Galactic Nights.

Here’s what you’ll find this year:

• The event-exclusive projection show, Star Wars: Galactic Destinations, will debut a new, surprise planet. Keep your eyes open!
  • New talent from the Star Wars galaxy will make a special appearance during the event.
  • Guests can meet an array of legendary Star Wars characters, many who are available only during Star Wars: Galactic Nights, including Rey, Captain Phasma, the 7th Sister, AWR Stormtroopers, Darth Vader and even EWOKS.
  • Fan-made Droids! Droid Builders, the international community of Star Wars fans who build their own replica robots from the Star Wars galaxy returns with new droids to surprise guests.
  • The Seize the Saga Scavenger hunt returns with a new immersive photo location. Guests who collect all the clues will be rewarded with exclusive artwork that will enhance their event credentials.
  • An exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Nights poster will be given to every guest.
  • Limited-edition, event-exclusive merchandise will be available featuring art from the upcoming movie Solo: A Star Wars Story.
  • Guests can savor their way through the galaxy with new menu offerings available only during this event. Tasty new items include loaded red curry duck fries inspired by the Battle of Crait and dueling gazpacho inspired by the famous lightsaber duel between Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Sith Lord Darth Maul.

Park access and all activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders.

Tickets are now available at all Walt Disney World ticket locations and are priced at $129 for adults and $124 for children ages 3-9 (discounts available for annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club members). Tickets can also be purchased online at Disneyworld.com/galacticnights.

3FC69C3B-4F5E-49B3-90C9-B63A10090EA9.thumb.jpeg.b0a6fc01a6034d211e6b319e8bc82719.jpeg

Thanks for posting Jedimaster! I can't believe those photos of Slinky Dog Coaster are real. They did a really good job filling in every space inside the ride perimeter. I like how arid the last picture looks - definitely not something I would expect from Orlando's terrain but it definitely looks like something straight out of Andy's sandbox!

^ Like Expedition:Everest, around it's first section of track before climbing the mountain,

when it first opened, the landscaping around this coaster will take time to grow in,

(especially any trees) but in a year or so, it should look really great all around it.

Does anybody have any idea what the pathways that wind underneath the coaster are supposed to represent? Here's a picture of what I'm referring to...

TSL.thumb.jpg.d0e59404b12db7abf53ddb351729839a.jpg

Photo credit @bioreconstruct on Twitter

They attach back to the main midways but I can't imagine they'll actually allow guests to walk on them. And they seem too excessive to be necessary just for maintenance. So they must represent something thematically but I can't for the life of me guess what. Sorry to ask something so specific but it's been bugging me haha

^ I'm thinking they were set up, for cast members to get to certain parts of the coaster's layout. For maintenance

and landscaping work, evac areas, etc. But make it look as 'busy' as Andy has set up with his coaster and other toys.

I believe the original concept art for it, had dug out trenches and hills to go with the coaster. This may be a compromise to that.

Tasty new items include loaded red curry duck fries inspired by the Battle of Crait and dueling gazpacho inspired by the famous lightsaber duel between Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Sith Lord Darth Maul.

You had me at Dueling Gazpacho!

YUM! on the Food Offerings! I know this is only available during this event's time.

But could this be possibly be also, some of what might be served in the

not-too-distant-future, on a remote planet outpost far, far away?

And right now, I would order a GALLON of Dueling Gazpacho done, LOL!

And I would duel among friends and frenemies alike! Go! Mean Girls On! BRDWY!

^ I'm thinking they were set up, for cast members to get to certain parts of the coaster's layout. For maintenance

and landscaping work, evac areas, etc. But make it look as 'busy' as Andy has set up with his coaster and other toys.

I believe the original concept art for it, had dug out trenches and hills to go with the coaster. This may be a compromise to that.

Yeah, I guess that makes enough sense. It would be really cool if down the road they added some sort of Aquatopia-esque trackless ride that traveled the path. RC Racer vehicles would work well with that concept if not for issues with scale. It also has potential to be some sort of maze similar to Alice in Wonderland in Shanghai.

Only reason I'm intrigued is because the slinky coaster sits on a pretty huge plot for just one attraction. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finishing touches put into this area.

^ With Disney.......you never really know, right?

And I thought of Alice too, with some of the configurations

within that helix area of the coaster. Very cool looking.

So there's rumors floating around that all three Toy Story Land rides will be in Tier 1 for FP+ and every other attraction in the park will be bumped down to Tier 2. If true I think for most people on here that makes their plans for this park pretty easy. as you can get a FP+ for both Tower and RnR Coaster, then one of Slinky or Midway Mania and head to the other right at opening.

Once Mickeys Railway and the two new Star Wars attractions open up it'll become a much more interesting decision.

I predict Star Wars will be a straight up Up-charge to book Fastpasses for, or at least something they haven't done before. This park will be crazy once it opens. AWESOME crazy, but seriously crazy. Battle Escape, Millennium Force, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, Star Tours, Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, and Muppets is a ridiculous lineup. That's almost all E-Ticket-level attractions and doesn't even include Indy, Frozen, Fantasmic or regular Fireworks which are also must-dos.

I predict Star Wars will be a straight up Up-charge to book Fastpasses for, or at least something they haven't done before. This park will be crazy once it opens. AWESOME crazy, but seriously crazy. Battle Escape, Millennium Force, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, Star Tours, Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, and Muppets is a ridiculous lineup. That's almost all E-Ticket-level attractions and doesn't even include Indy, Frozen, Fantasmic or regular Fireworks which are also must-dos.

You know you're a coaster nerd when...

^^ It really is an amazing lineup (eventually) of "Disney E-Class" Attractions, that will make visiting this park

in the not-too-distant future, a definite thing to consider for us. One can only hope. And buy lottery tickets.

• 2 months later...

I was able to take advantage of a Toy Story Land Preview today...boy oh boy was it amazing. Disney treated us like total VIPs. Slinky Dog had an almost walk-on level wait time and I rode 7 times. The ride reminds me of a slightly souped up and launched version of Seven Dwarves, it crawls over some elements but the ride is perfect for young families, the height requirement is only 38 inches I believe. I didn't get any airtime, but still a ton of fun, front seat was my favorite.

But the DETAILS in this land. They are incredible. much better than the land in Paris, there are so many cute elements, humor, new life-size versions of classic toys. Honestly I expected much less, but I left wanting to come back, Slinky Dog really anchors everything visually. Hollywood Studios is going to be my favorite park down here when 2019 is over.

Here's a couple of the videos that we shot during our media sneak preview of Toy Story Land. We'll have more photos & videos after today's official media event!

Edited by robbalvey

Slinky Dog looks like a lot of fun! Lots of little details too (like the sound of Slinky's spring expanding and collapsing and how on the second launch, the train stops and does a bit of a pull back as if Slinky is being pulled to create the launch...). Looks like a nice addition! Excited to see what was done in the revised queue for TSM.

Nice little coaster for adults. Adults who enjoyed the original Toy Story movie will LOVE it, as in the video. The video doesn't show any scared little kids crying. Teenagers would be bored. A lot of kids will being crying on that coaster. Way to intense for little 'Disney' kids! Also, way too intense for Grandma and Grandpa to ride with the scared grandkids, IMO.

Nice little coaster for adults. Adults who enjoyed the original Toy Story movie will LOVE it, as in the video. The video doesn't show any scared little kids crying. Teenagers would be bored. A lot of kids will being crying on that coaster. Way to intense for little 'Disney' kids! Also, way too intense for Grandma and Grandpa to ride with the scared grandkids, IMO.

Are you kidding?

^It runs 4 18 seat trains continuously, and it's impressive! There are Two block brakes at the end of the ride. So 1 train loading (no seatbelts), 1 unloading, and 2 that are either out on the course or finishing the ride/waiting on the brake run. I thought it was really cool that even if a train is "stacked" (loose term because it's intended and there is great theming on the brake run), the train out on the course can safely go through with the second launch.

Despite the above average capacity, it's almost assured it will still have 2+ hour standby queues daily. Lol.