Going to parks alone?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: Going to parks alone?

Postby Peeps28 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:00 am

I at least will do one or two parks alone during the season. After the 8 hour ride to Cedar point twice a year. Then spending two days in the park with my wife and brother in law arguing over what we're riding next. The following week Im six flags bound by myself.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Captain Whirlwind » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:17 am

I mostly go to theme parks alone most of the time.
Though it can be more fun and engaging if you go with friends, and especially enthusiasts.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BenBlom » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:29 am

Bump....

Ever since i watched Themeparkworldwide and his solo visit to Cedar Point i want to go there to.

Now, since i'm from the Netherlands getting there is a bit tricky, and expensive. My son of 10 months is not really suited for that kind of travelling, so my wife needs to stay home.

She gave the all clear that i could go on my own, but i'm still a bit scared i might nog like it. I do feel like in Cedar Point the chance of meeting fellow coaster crazy's is pretty high though :).

Anyone experience with visiting themeparks abroad?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 pm

I used to go alone all the time. Even though I enjoy being with someone else I never let that stop me.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:30 pm

BenBlom wrote:Bump....

Ever since i watched Themeparkworldwide and his solo visit to Cedar Point i want to go there to.

Now, since i'm from the Netherlands getting there is a bit tricky, and expensive. My son of 10 months is not really suited for that kind of travelling, so my wife needs to stay home.

She gave the all clear that i could go on my own, but i'm still a bit scared i might nog like it. I do feel like in Cedar Point the chance of meeting fellow coaster crazy's is pretty high though :).

Anyone experience with visiting themeparks abroad?

What a funny coincidence. I live a few minutes from CP and a few weeks ago, I went on a solo trip to the Netherlands and a few other countries. I considered going to a few parks but I skipped them because I had already been and I wanted to explore more of the cities. Solo trips are the best.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pryonisys » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:49 pm

I've never done a trip to a park alone, but I'm making plans to head to Cedar Point alone late this summer. I haven't been there for about 10 years and my wife is pregnant not only does she have very little interest in riding coasters, but now she shouldn't be. Hoping to get a good day in at a big park alone before it will be harder to.
the responses on this thread have given me confidence that a solo day at the park will be not only fine, but good and enjoyable.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby hoppedup » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:34 pm

My daughter will not be able to make our second big coaster trip this summer. It's going to feel weird as I haven't been to a park without her since we caught coaster fever exactly a year ago. I would just bail, but I didn't buy a platinum pass to go to Carowinds, Dorney, and a couple of hours at KD. So it's a solo park week coming up for me.

We can do the trip again next year and I'll have plenty of info to possibly make it a better experience.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:58 pm

hoppedup wrote:We can do the trip again next year and I'll have plenty of info to possibly make it a better experience.

This is the thing. I've been to a number of parks solo, because I find getting away from everything relaxing, and I work for a travel company so they give me lots of time off and discounts on travel. A couple of parks I've been to solo I ended up taking the family to later when they ended up being better than I thought they'd be.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby aueft » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Gosh, I'm always traveling alone. I am well aware of the benefits of solo travel (I'm only able to be so brisk with my vacations because I don't have to wait on other people), but I never particularly enjoy being by myself on trips.

Any suggestions on how to convince / coerce my friends and coworkers to travel with me? It would be hard enough to convince other people to align plans even without my vacations always being a little offbeat.

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 pm

I'm trying to convince myself to do a solo trip to CP once schools go back in session near month end.

Still apprehensive, but I feel like I need to try and do something fun before fall and winter is upon us here in the Northeast.

I know Michael would want me to, but this grieving process has been really hard on me in terms of wanting to try and do any type of fun stuff alone. :-(

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!