TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Got my email this afternoon. See you all bright and early. Can't wait!

cancelled now.

Drove from Ventura and was told here at the gate its was cancelled. Spoke to marketing manager and said sorry and that email was sent late last night. Advise him that I was asleep because I had the get up early.

So pissed right now.

As I was sitting in car typing this email. He came and knocked on my window. He said Fox11 is looking for people and wants me in the shoot. I guess I will get my chance to ride Hangtime today.

That's a bummer, but I'm glad it worked out in the end. You'll really dig Hangtime; it's an awesome ride.

Thanks to Theme Park Review, we were able to attend the HangTime Media Event at Knott's Berry Farm ahead of its grand opening today! This new coaster makes quite a splash, as it becomes the choice-wave in the Boardwalk area of the park. With the opening of HangTime, the Boardwalk area now feels complete.

The official TPR Media Event report will come soon from David and Brittney, but here a few teaser pictures from the totally tubular event!

02.thumb.jpg.f26087d43e061733237a84620f95f37f.jpg

After a few laps on the surrounding rides, the crowd gathered for the opening ceremony.

03.thumb.jpg.9fd440cb3cf9fd8649d08f16d6c39173.jpg

The lighting completely transforms the look of the ride at night.

04.thumb.jpg.4275d9c3b69685caf8dfb8c85b108ce5.jpg

The coaster prepares to catch a wave as it makes its first drop!

05.thumb.jpg.7071557166a10ea67ef9b5348dc871aa.jpg

After the ceremony, we went on the Sky Cabin to get a different view. Watching the lights chase with the train is so enjoyable!

06.thumb.jpg.80a476818ee6711a8f57c8b57dbddff7.jpg

Time to take our first ride!

07.thumb.jpg.f867acea493e176c6404edebd54ef4ad.jpg

..and second and third ride!

08.thumb.jpg.c1c84e248e57a0508df1da82ad5007d5.jpg

Check back soon for the official report from David and Brittney! Congratulations to Knott's Berry Farm on brining the first dive coaster to the West Coast, and thank you for inviting us to join you for this wonderful event! Here is to a great summer season at the farm!

01.thumb.JPG.fcf18850a89273ce18f82f1f83cbe43a.JPG

Glad to be back at Knott's Berry Farm!

i went to the filming event today, and to be completely honest, it was just okay. it was very early, and most of the stuff i filmed got cut (they cropped the footage on FOX 11 so there were none of our interviews, which i missed out on accidentally, and only 2 of us ended up being on FOX 11 at all) however, the PR people were beyond accomdating and nice over the whole “its cancelled... oh wait it isn’t” and they were nice enough to give us breakfest. plus, i got to meet the people i saw on TV, and i believe the reverse POV of us TPRers will be posted which will be cool. so overall, it was tiring, but i did have fun, i’ll upload some pics later

i went to the filming event today, and to be completely honest, it was just okay. it was very early, and most of the stuff i filmed got cut (they cropped the footage on FOX 11 so there were none of our interviews, which i missed out on accidentally, and only 2 of us ended up being on FOX 11 at all) however, the PR people were beyond accomdating and nice over the whole “its cancelled... oh wait it isn’t” and they were nice enough to give us breakfest. plus, i got to meet the people i saw on TV, and i believe the reverse POV of us TPRers will be posted which will be cool. so overall, it was tiring, but i did have fun, i’ll upload some pics later

that's cool. the one video on the website with the reporter riding is framed to just two people in the front. seems like most of the train was empty?

First I want to send BIG THANK YOU to Eric from Knott's Marketing Dept. He made is possible for us to ride with FOX11 News.

Had a great time with my fellow TRP members. it's nice to put screen names to faces. Once in the park it was a little slow and didnt know if we would get to ride. After several minutes of testing we were ready for the first ride with the news crew. The reporter and camera man are not coaster fans, so it made even more fun to hear the screaming through out ride. After 30 minutes Knott's set up a breakfast for all. Bacon burrito was really good and filling. It wasn't long after that we got back on and was fearful of possible protein spills. All was good and everyone's food remained in their bellies.

Hangtime is GREAT! Knott's has a winner on their hands. The back row is the best! When the train is sitting at the holding brake pending release. The back whips over and you experience serious ejector time. The rest of the ride is fun and has you smiling and laughing through out it.

I can't wait to see the reverse POV of us. I was told they used a portion of it on the news along with our interviews. would love to do more stuff like this for TPR.

Thank You Knott's Crew

ADMIN EDIT: Unauthorized onride photos deleted.

Edited by robbalvey

First I want to send BIG THANK YOU to Eric from Knott's Marketing Dept. He made is possible for us to ride with FOX11 News.

Had a great time with my fellow TRP members. it's nice to put screen names to faces. Once in the park it was a little slow and didnt know if we would get to ride. After several minutes of testing we were ready for the first ride with the news crew. The reporter and camera man are not coaster fans, so it made even more fun to hear the screaming through out ride. After 30 minutes Knott's set up a breakfast for all. Bacon burrito was really good and filling. It wasn't long after that we got back on and was fearful of possible protein spills. All was good and everyone's food remained in their bellies.

Hangtime is GREAT! Knott's has a winner on their hands. The back row is the best! When the train is sitting at the holding brake pending release. The back whips over and you experience serious ejector time. The rest of the ride is fun and has you smiling and laughing through out it.

I can't wait to see the reverse POV of us. I was told they used a portion of it on the news along with our interviews. would love to do more stuff like this for TPR.

Thank You Knott's Crew

do you have the photo that the two of us took with the news guy from FOX 11 (the guy your mom likes lol). i'd love to see it!!

I have the POV pm me and I’ll send u a link to my dropbox.i also have the photo. I sent it to rob as my phones acting up and can’t post it but will at dinner. I also have the footage of the event recorded on my dvr I’ll try and put it on YouTube

I have the POV pm me and I’ll send u a link to my dropbox.i also have the photo. I sent it to rob as my phones acting up and can’t post it but will at dinner. I also have the footage of the event recorded on my dvr I’ll try and put it on YouTube

I'm glad you got to go. I was thinking not only would driving from Ventura suck for VCXfreak, paying for a room and not getting in would be a bummer for you, too.

who was the guy with the big beard sitting next to Matt Johnson? anyone here?

So I have to say that I'm more than a little put off by seeing some of the recent posts that include...

- Onride photos from HangTime. (Seriously, people, you KNOW this is not allowed!!!)

- Complaining about a special invite to a film shoot.

- Being rude to the park because some people have a lack of personal responsibility.

- And understanding that some people were not on best behavior that morning.

Let me just make one thing perfectly clear...

If I ever... EVER see an onride photo again during a ride session where TPR members were specifically invited to, you will NEVER be attending a TPR event ever again, nor will you have an account on this forum.

I also don't want to hear people complaining about an event getting cancelled at last minute. People.... THESE EVENTS ARE A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT!!!

If you didn't check your email to find out that the event was cancelled and you showed up anyway, THAT IS YOUR FAULT!!!

Clearly if 47 other people got the email and knew not to show up that morning, the fault here lies on YOU!

Every one of us has "smart" phones so don't be stupid, be SMART and use that technology that is in your hands!!!

i went to the filming event today, and to be completely honest, it was just okay.

Making comments like, "I went to an event I was invited to and it was just okay" is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! That shows absoultely ZERO RESPECT for the people who extended that invite to us. I will not tolerate such behavior from TPR forum members. There will be no warning next time.

Drove from Ventura and was told here at the gate its was cancelled. Spoke to marketing manager and said sorry and that email was sent late last night. Advise him that I was asleep because I had the get up early. So pissed right now.

You have NO IDEA how close I am to banning you for this comment. Seriously, you have no idea how much reading this infuriates me. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, NOT THE PARKS, TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR ANY UPDATES ON THE EVENT. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TRY TO BLAME THE PARK, OR BE PISSED AT ANYONE BUT YOURSELF FOR NOT DOUBLE CHECKING!!!! The fact that you implied that the park was at fault for having an early morning event which is why you didn't check your email is so insanely unacceptable that I cannot put into human words to actually describe how in the wrong you are for saying such a thing.

--Robb "These are all perfect examples of why we stopped doing public TPR tours." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

saying that it was okay is my opinion, which i am entilted to. parks give y’all perks all the time, yet i don’t see a gleaming review of every park you’ve been to. i discussed the positives and negatives of the event, which is what a REVIEW (which i wrote) is supposed to do. aren’t you the person who asked for the POV that SimiGeek took??

saying that it was okay is my opinion, which i am entilted to. parks give y’all perks all the time, yet i don’t see a gleaming review of every park you’ve been to. i discussed the positives and negatives of the event, which is what a REVIEW (which i wrote) is supposed to do. aren’t you the person who asked for the POV that SimiGeek took??

Wow. That amazing display of obnoxious entitlement just got you banned from our forums and any event TPR will ever do in Southern California. I honestly cannot believe someone would be so stupid as to post something like this after what I posted above. No, Mr. Corn, you are NOT entitled to an opinion when this was a free event that you were invited to take part in that allowed you multiple rides without having to wait in any line and you received special treatment. If you think you are "entitled" to an opinion about that, YOU ARE SO WRONG it's not even funny. And it's not funny.

Seriously, it is EXACTLY this type of rude self-entitled mentality of why we stopped doing public tours. Why we now think twice about doing events like West Coast Bash. Why I hesitate to send people to events that I personally haven't met. It is people exactly like Mr. Corn who ruin these opportunities being available for others. So when we stop doing West Coast Bash, or stop extending invites to our members to special events, you can blame people like him, because this sort of behavior is at the root of the problem. And our solution is simply just to not do events like this at all anymore if people can't be respectful. I never thought we would be at the point where showing respect to a park would be too much to ask, but apparently it is.

--Robb "People like this always end up weeding themselves out of TPR..and I'm sure I'll be blamed for it also." Alvey

ps. And if you're going to have an obnoxious sense of self-entitlement Mr. Corn, at least learn how to SPELL THE WORD!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by robbalvey

your job at this event was to fill a seat. that's it.

This was not an “event.” You filled seats so they could get footage they needed. You got free admission to park and the opportunity to ride with no line.

This was not an “event.” You filled seats so they could get footage they needed. You got free admission to park and the opportunity to ride with no line.

EXACTLY! This is how you do a media event or a film shoot:

You show up, you sit in the train, you do what you are told, and you are respectful and thankful towards the park no matter what happens.

THAT'S IT! There is no "review" of a media shoot.

Ugh, it disgusts me that I am even having to write this.

--Robb "People like this always end up weeding themselves out of TPR..and I'm sure I'll be blamed for it also." Alvey

And would you look at that... it only took a matter of what, an hour or so before Mr. Corn took to Reddit to blame "Blobb" for his actions.

https://old.reddit.com/r/rollercoasterjerk/comments/8knhwm/dae_blobb_strikes_again/

1775327504_whyarepeoplesuchfuckingassholes.png.c42748af89350931eaab34539e53e8bd.png

Honestly, I'm so happy we are able to weed these people out of TPR. And thank you to the person who sent me this screen shot! This sort of made my day! lol

--Robb "It always amuses me that people think I get offended by stuff like this..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I always found that Mr. Korn guy off putting with his comments and posts here on the forum. Glad to hear he will no longer be participating here.

I will never understand why anyone complains about getting in free, when if you weren't invited you'd have to pay to get in, that is a big enough bonus to not complain. I wouldn't invite these people back either Robb.

Exactly! Why complain about getting free entry to the park, free ERT, a free meal, and being able to stay for the rest of the day if you want? Some people. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to opportunities like these, coaster fans should have nothing more to say than "thank you." Breaking rules, hassling the park staff for something free and special and not taking any responsibility for one's own ability to check for emails are the kind of behaviors that ruin these kind of opportunities for those of us that enjoy the chance to still have them happen. Thank you for weeding out more people who don't deserve the chance to represent us as fans at special experiences like this.

Thank you for weeding out more people who don't deserve the chance to represent us as fans at special experiences like this.

You are very welcome! Reddit shitposting groups filled with assholes can have ALL of those people!!!

This is so infuriating, going to many events, things happen and things get canceled. How dare anyone complain about an invite to a complimentary event. To me it’s right along the lines of complaining about where your seats are in a theatre for a show when you got complimentary tickets.

Thanks for banning idiots like this, Robb.

I just can't get over how many Americans think that they are so f%cking entitled to have every little thing go there way, or they throw a temper tantrum. It just speaks for his maturity level when he went on Reddit and made that post - unreal.

On a more positive note, I am really looking forward to the other reviews from our respectable TPR members. Hang Time looks like tons of fun and I LOVE that lighting package! Looks like Knotts has a winner here!!