TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats The Weather Like Where You Live?

^Yeah, you have to travel a lot further north for that. But just for fun I had a look at the weather data, and the official numbers for today are saying sunrise at 4:51 AM and sunset at 10:20 PM.

According to the data the longest day will be on June 21st. This day we will have sunrise at 04:09 AM and sunset at 11:11 PM, meaning just over 19 hours of daylight. But it never gets completely dark this time if year.

And just for fun, if I look at the darkest day of the year this past winter, which was December 21st, we had sunrise at 9:44 AM and sunset at 3:29 PM.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Interesting that you would call it a weather phenomenon, because out here we only learn about in in astronomy class. But yeah, if you experience it, it's weather for you!

Out here summer solstice is usually 6AM to 9PM and winter solstice about 8AM to 5PM. So...not nearly as bad. Sunset at 3:30...that's gotta mess with you.

Well, I wouldn't call it weather, but since the topic was brought up...

And yes, the winters are terrible due to the short days! Dark when you go to work, dark when you go home from work. It just seems to drain a lot of the energy out of you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We got POURING RAIN! Been pretty dry and sunny these past few weeks.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But no rain for a pretty long time,

here in the city itself.

Till today.

• 1 month later...

New heat records many places in the country today. For my city Bergen the previous heat record was 31,8*C (89,24*F) from 2004, but today the temperature reached 32,2*C (89,96*F). This is the hottest officially measured temperature in Bergen since they started the measurements in 1904. It may not seem like a whole lot for many of you, but here on the Norwegian west coast we consider 25*C (77*F) a hot summers day.

Fun fact: The location of the measuring station in Bergen is called Florida, and today it really feels like it.

• 4 weeks later...

We're finally getting some rain today. It started late last night.

We definitely need it, after all this time of mucho sunshine, fire smoke haze, and humidity.

Hopefully it won't keep going and going, and we'll get back to some sun again.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...