TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Announcement should take place at 1:35 EST. Could be live on Facebook.

Wait, what? Did I miss something??

Yep. Announcement for........ something takes place today. Everything indicates that it will be a big announcement, as Attractions Magazine and other theme park news people (even timtracker) have been invited to it.

Boo urns. I'm sure this is gonna be exciting for a lot of people, but a) I can't drink, and b) with all the rumors of a new coaster floating around, I can't help but feel a bit let down.

the "2018 Season" has just barely started (it's still April). . why in the world would you have expected a 2019 Ride announcement??

I hope BGWilliamsburg joins in too!

Two free beers every time I go to the park? Almost as good as a new coaster!

Since it looks like Project Madrid at BGW will be a 2020 thing, this is the best thing they can add for 2019, and would more than soften the blow of an underwhelming Project Madrid.

the Garden Gate Cafe is / was the Pizza Buffet place near Gwazi, right?

or am I mis-remembering the park?

if yes, does that mean the Pizza (mediocre as it was) is gone? or maybe they are setting up in the patio area, as there was a TON of patio space there (not being used) when we visited the park.

Boo urns. I'm sure this is gonna be exciting for a lot of people, but a) I can't drink, and b) with all the rumors of a new coaster floating around, I can't help but feel a bit let down.

the "2018 Season" has just barely started (it's still April). . why in the world would you have expected a 2019 Ride announcement??

SeaWorld tends to announce their following year’s attractions a whole year in advance (Electric Eel was announced this time last year, InvadR was announced in early spring of 2016, BGW’s VR attraction was announced this time last year), so that may be the reason some people may have expected a coaster announcement, if one were to come in 2019, which I don’t think it is.

I wasn’t “disappointed” by this announcement because I kept my expectations minimal, but at the same time, it wouldn’t have surprised me to see BGT announce a 2019 coaster in April of 2018, based on SeaWorld’s history.

• 2 weeks later...

At the park today and a transformer blew this morning right around when the park opened. Does this happen a lot or are we just unlucky? And even once power comes back Kumba is closed for refurbishment.

I also think Montu got stuck on the lift durning testing. What a day, and first trip. Oh well gotta make the best of it.

At the park today and a transformer blew this morning right around when the park opened. Does this happen a lot or are we just unlucky? And even once power comes back Kumba is closed for refurbishment.

I also think Montu got stuck on the lift durning testing. What a day, and first trip. Oh well gotta make the best of it.

if coasters are down, go check out the Cheetah's running demonstration (once a day, I THINK at 11am, or maybe 11:30?).

also the Gorilla/Chimp exhibit is phenomenal there.

and it's early, so the Kangaroos/Wallabees are probably pretty active right now (instead of just sleeping as they do in the afternoons)

IMG_0520.thumb.JPG.6da61016c79a86c663b1bfd0d4f25c76.JPG

IMG_0534.thumb.JPG.a8c8f6b38cb98752aa272a63b5c76f18.JPG

IMG_0245.thumb.JPG.e4e7d4d21caafdf9390d1f5a6b50ec70.JPG

Edited by bert425

I went to BGT on 5-3 and had a fantastic time. Every coaster was open. No waits. I loved my time there. Hopefully your day improves

it's trending on FB now, and I'm seeing news reports of "chaos" inside the park, with "bathrooms locked, and no vendors selling food or water".. .which doesn't square with what MiABeta posted. . . love the "news channels". . oy.

it's trending on FB now, and I'm seeing news reports of "chaos" inside the park, with "bathrooms locked, and no vendors selling food or water".. .which doesn't square with what MiABeta posted. . . love the "news channels". . oy.

I can say that bathrooms are open, a few if not most of the food/drink stands are open, and staff even brought out Jenga and Corn Hole for people. I do believe that it might be pretty bad to leave the parking lot though, besides that there goes the news twisting everything.