Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 267 - Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:46 am

https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/jurassic-world/

Jurassic_World_2800x1197.jpg

In 2019, face Indominus rex when she makes her world premiere in the new, high-tech Jurassic World. Journey to where living dinosaurs roam the earth in the part expedition, part heart-pounding water ride based on the blockbuster film franchise.

On this river-raft adventure, get doused as a colossal Mosasaursus dives for its great white shark snack. But the real danger lies ahead when the brutal Indominus rex escapes its enclosure. Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue… right before your final plunge down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall.

And plan to experience the original Jurassic Park®- The Ride one final time before it becomes extinct on Sept. 3, 2018!

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/countdown-extinction-%E2%80%9Cjurassic-park%E2%80%94-ride%E2%80%9D-universal-studios-hollywood-starts-now?network=33127

The countdown to the extinction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride” begins as Universal Studios Hollywood excavates the site in preparation for the 2019 arrival of “Jurassic World Ride,” inspired by Universal Pictures’ blockbuster film franchise.

“Jurassic Park—The Ride” will officially become extinct on September 3, 2018.

In 1996, Universal Studios Hollywood redefined theme park thrill rides with the unprecedented introduction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride,” based on three-time Academy Award®winner Spielberg’s epic film. Hailed as a technological achievement of triumph and wizardry, the ride featured newly debuted principles of hydraulic physics, mechanics and space-age robotics. Working in partnership with scientists, palaeontologists and aerospace engineers, Universal Creative—the team that develops Universal theme park rides—brought to life one of the most compelling rides ever created. Life-sized and lifelike animatronic dinosaurs, some towering over five-stories high, freely roamed the earth at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Twenty-two years later—and after sending millions of guests back to the Jurassic era for menacing face-to-face encounters with such predators as Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Dilophosaurus, Velociraptors and the Tyrannosaurus rex—“Jurassic Park—The Ride” will become extinct in preparation for a new, next-generation experience that’s even more immersive and technologically advanced. The new ride will pay homage to Jurassic Park and will reimagine this landmark film franchise for theme park guests. The Jurassic Cove restaurant and Jurassic Outfitters retail store also will close with the attraction and reopen with the new experience in 2019.

“The one thing that the history of evolution has taught us is that life finds a way” was famously uttered by Jurassic Park’s Dr. Ian Malcom. In the spirit of this pledge, Universal Studios Hollywood is rallying guests and fans to visit The Entertainment Capital of L.A. as it celebrates this epic ride and prepares for the arrival of the “Jurassic World Ride.”

Plus, in honor of the blockbuster action-adventure that brought dinosaurs out of extinction a quarter century ago, Universal Studios Hollywood in partnership with Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment will host the Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Celebration on Friday, May 11; Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13. To learn more and to purchase tickets to this highly coveted event, please visit http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/JP25.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby JGuy » Thu May 10, 2018 11:40 am

Hopefully, this means that they'll finally fix the animatronics. It's sad seeing them in their current state compared to how they were when the ride first opened.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:41 am

I'm not sure the ride "needed" anything but some upgrades are always welcome, especially if it means fixing some of the existing effects. Should be interesting to see what all changes.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 am

I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a
virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.

EDIT: To be clear, this is a joke... :lmao:
Last edited by COASTER FREAK 11 on Fri May 11, 2018 1:33 pm.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 am

I'm honestly conflicted by this. On one hand, it's cool to see the ride getting some love, apparently it was needed. On the other hand, if they remove most of the animatronics in favor of screens I will sue.

jedimaster1227 wrote:
In 1996, Universal Studios Hollywood redefined theme park thrill rides with the unprecedented introduction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride,” based on three-time Academy Award®winner Spielberg’s epic film

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu May 10, 2018 12:32 pm

^I like how that filter adds onto itself as it gets quoted more :lol:
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Cypress Adventures

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

I might be down to see the giant shark dinosaur jump out of the water, tbh...

Hopefully there's only one animatronic Chris Pratt.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu May 10, 2018 12:54 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a
virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.

Are you serious? Pretty soon we will be able to stay at home and just watch everything from our TV and a spray bottle for effect!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:57 pm

I am absolutely, 100% Joking! At least, I hope I am... LOL.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Dombot wrote:I'm honestly conflicted by this. On one hand, it's cool to see the ride getting some love, apparently it was needed. On the other hand, if they remove most of the animatronics in favor of screens I will sue.

jedimaster1227 wrote:
In 1996, Universal Studios Hollywood redefined theme park thrill rides with the unprecedented introduction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride,” based on three-time Academy Award®winner I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool and pretend I'm being cool and pretend I'm being cool Spielberg’s epic film

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:^I like how that filter adds onto itself as it gets quoted more :lol:

The best consequences are unintended consequences. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!