Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 73: THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Today Theme Park Review was invited to Legoland Florida to check out this year's LEGO Star Wars Days, a weekend special event running this weekend along with May 12th - 13th and May 19th - 20th! LEGO Star Wars Days brings a Star Wars focus to the park with roaming characters, special LEGO versions of Darth Vader and Captain Phasma, a new show and lots of Star Wars-themed activities throughout the park for guests to enjoy in addition to all of the fun you already get during a normal visit to Legoland Florida! And speaking of year-round fun, LEGO Star Wars MINILAND has been expanded with the addition of several new and iconic scenes from Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

All of this Star Wars excitement comes in addition to the park's gigantic lineup of rides and attractions, shows, Cypress Gardens and water park... Not to mention the park's newest additions from the last few years (Ninjago, Chima, etc...). Needless to say, LEGO Star Wars Days is an excellent excuse to get back out to Legoland Florida if you haven't been recently, and there is plenty of reason for you to visit the park in general, especially if you never have before!
1.JPG
Today we’re at Legoland Florida to experience the new LEGO Star Wars Days offerings at the park!
2.JPG
Be on the lookout for Stormtroopers throughout Legoland Florida during LEGO Star Wars Days!
3.JPG
Take a look at the event guide available to pick up at the entrance of the park.
4.JPG
There are lots of special Star Wars offerings to enjoy throughout the park!
5.JPG
And even more!
6.JPG
This LEGO Yoda model is available to take a photo with just inside of the entrance of the park.
7.JPG
Guests can meet their favorite Star Wars characters during LEGO Star Wars Days at Legoland Florida!
8.JPG
Members of the 501st Legion can be spotted roaming Legoland Florida during LEGO Star Wars Days!
9.JPG
Poe Dameron and Padmé Amidala are two more characters guests will find at Legoland Florida during LEGO Star Wars Days!
10.JPG
LEGO models of Rey and BB-8 are popular features towards the entrance of the park!
11.JPG
Even Imperial TIE fighter pilots need a break every once in a while!
12.JPG
The park is also featuring several limited time offerings for LEGO Star Wars merchandise during the event.
13.JPG
LEGO Star Wars MINILAND is a highlight of Legoland Florida that can be enjoyed year-round!
14.JPG
Darth Maul!
15.JPG
The Millennium Falcon chase scene through the crashed Star Destroyer is represented in the new area, complete with moving elements!
16.JPG
The Jakku Market Escape scene from The Force Awakens is also represented in the new LEGO Star Wars MINILAND area.
17.JPG
Finn's crashed TIE Fighter scene!
18.JPG
Rey's home on Jakku is a downed AT-AT.
19.JPG
The scene that introduced Kylo Ren and the First Order to viewers in Star Wars: The Force Awakens can be seen here.
20.JPG
Guests can visit the LEGO Star Wars Photo Fan Gallery to check out themed art featuring LEGO Star Wars characters and to enter for a chance to win one of the photos!
21.JPG
LEGO Darth Vader is meeting guests during LEGO Star Wars Days at Legoland Florida!
22.JPG
I couldn't resist!
23.JPG
Rey guards the other entrance to LEGO Star Wars MINILAND where you can see recreations of iconic scenes from the Star Wars films!
24.JPG
The Battle of Kashyyyk from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith is featured in LEGO Star Wars MINILAND!
25.JPG
As is the iconic Cantina scene from Star Wars: A New Hope.
26.JPG
And the Millennium Falcon escaping Mos Eisley, also from Star Wars: A New Hope.
27.JPG
Even more characters to be found throughout the park!
28.JPG
It isn’t a visit to Legoland Florida without some of Granny’s Apple Fries!
29.JPG
Next was Galaxy of Fun, a variety show wrapped loosely around the themes of LEGO Star Wars.
30.JPG
There was juggling...
31.JPG
And balancing too... Overall, a very different kind of show for a Star Wars event.
32.JPG
You can't roam the park without at least running into a few extra characters!
33.JPG
Light Sword Churros are available for purchase during the event as well!
34.JPG
Here is the Battle of Hoth from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back as seen in LEGO Star Wars Miniland.
35.JPG
Darth Maul and the Seventh Sister were out meeting guests as we were heading out!
36.JPG
Another special merchandise option for the event!
37.JPG
Special thanks to Legoland Florida for hosting us for the first day of this year’s LEGO Star Wars Days! Be sure to check out the event for yourself by visiting the park this weekend, May 12th - 13th or May 19th - 20th!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:50 am

https://www.legolandfloridablog.com/2018/05/10/the-lego-movie-world-coming-to-legoland-florida-resort-exclusively-in-spring-2019/

I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to deliver our biggest theme park news since opening in 2011. THE LEGO® MOVIE™ WORLD will open spring 2019! It’s our largest investment yet and it promises to deliver an unforgettable experience as it puts guests right in the middle of Bricksburg, the city where Emmet lives in The LEGO® MOVIE™.

The addition of THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD represents our continuing commitment to providing state-of-the-art experiences specifically designed to create awesome memories for kids ages 2-12. The sights and sounds will be fully immersive bringing THE LEGO MOVIE franchise to life in a way that only a LEGOLAND Park could. We know kids come from all over the world to meet the stars of THE LEGO MOVIE and we can’t wait to see their faces light up as they interact within the imaginative world of Bricksburg.

THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD will be based on THE LEGO® MOVIE™ and the upcoming sequel and feature two new rides, character meet and greets and a giant themed playscape. In addition, the interactive boat ride, The Quest for Chi, will be completely transformed drenching guests in an exciting new experience when it reopens as a key attraction in THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD in spring 2019. Be sure to visit before May 29, 2018 to ride The Quest for Chi one last time!

Is your excitement building yet? Be sure to check back here on the LEGOLAND Florida Resort Blog for the latest news on THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu May 10, 2018 7:54 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 am

WOW. This park is on the ball, Chima hasn't proved to be a long-term property and seeing they are going to swap it out for something much more popular is an automatic win. I wonder if they are counting the change as one of the two new rides. Good job Legoland!

So For 2019 we now have:
-Harry Potter Motorbike Coaster
-New Show/Attraction in Hollywood at USF
-Mickey's Runaway Railway
-Star Wars Land
-The Skyliners at WDW
-Multiple new attractions at Legoland based off of their second best original IP ( <3 Bionicles).
-Sesame Street at Seaworld
-Unannounced but likely Busch Gardens Project
(and an outside shot that Ratatouille @ Epcot)

What a dream year.

Adam, Do you know if there are any showings of the Lego Movie 4D during Lego Star Wars days or is the theater entirely taken over by Star Wars? I'm heading there on the 20th.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 am

^I’m pretty sure they still had a few showings of the normal films presented in that theater in between the Galaxy of Fun shows.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu May 10, 2018 2:49 pm

^ Fantastic, I won't count on it fully but I would love to see that 4D film again, it's probably my favorite I've seen and my pass expires on the 29th. Maybe i'll make two trips before then though, because Legoland is awesome.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 am

https://www.legolandfloridablog.com/2018/10/15/awesomer-awaits-at-the-lego-movie-world/

Have you ever wanted to fly aboard a Triple Decker Couch? Aspired to ascend the heights of Cloud Cuckoo Land? Fantasized fighting against a DUPLO® alien invasion? You can experience all this and more at THE LEGO® MOVIE WORLD, where guests can step into THE LEGO MOVIE universe and onto the streets of Bricksburg.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-12-at-10.05.02-AM-800x532.png

THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD at LEGOLAND Florida Resort is the only place in the world that you can experience the pure wonder and imagination inspired by THE LEGO MOVIE universe. We’ve been hard at work, building brick-by-brick, to create state-of-the-art experiences that bring THE LEGO MOVIE to life.

Opening early spring 2019, THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD, created in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, will feature three family-friendly marquee attractions, inspired by the characters and themes of the worldwide blockbuster THE LEGO MOVIE and THE LEGO MOVIE 2: The Second Part.

THE LEGO MOVIE Masters of Flight: Hop aboard Emmet’s Triple Decker Flying Couch! This flying theater attraction whisks guests away on an action-packed adventure on a suspended ride with a full-dome virtual screen, giving the sensational feeling of flying alongside some familiar (like Emmet and Wyldstyle) and some new faces like Sweet Mayhem, a character set to debut in the upcoming feature THE LEGO MOVIE 2: The Second Part.

Unikitty’s Disco Drop: Enter through the rainbow portal to join the fun with Unikitty and her many personalities. This ride swoops guests to the tiptop of Cloud Cuckoo Land, then drops, spins and bounces them back down to earth, creating a thrilling and fun experience.

LMW-Unikitty_low-800x533.jpg

Battle of Bricksburg: Calling all Master Builders! DUPLO® aliens have invaded Bricksburg to come and play! Riders are challenged to stop DUPLO® aliens from invading and stealing LEGO bricks by spraying water at targets.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-12-at-10.05.55-AM-800x533.png

Finish off the day in downtown Bricksburg, the home of Emmet’s Super Suite, a character meet-and-greet experience where guests can hang out with Emmet and all of his friends inside his apartment, the Taco Tuesday Everyday eatery, and The Awesome Shop, filled with take home memories. The downtown area will also include a space-themed playground structure inspired by Benny’s spaceship, plus special photo opportunities.

The fun doesn’t stop in the park. Enjoy the ultimate vacation (or slumber party) just steps away at LEGOLAND Hotel in a new THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD themed room. Designed with familiar scenery and beloved characters from the movie, no detail is left untouched. Adults can relax in a room inspired by Emmet’s bedroom, while kids dream of spaceship adventures in the children’s room, modeled after Benny’s Spaceship. No matter where you stay or how you choose to spend your day, awesome awaits at THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:36 am

As a fan of the Lego Movie, I fully support the park building a land themed to it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 am

So obviously the splash battle is a retheme, were there any other rides/attractions/food/shopping in this land (Chima I think?) or are the other additions actually new?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 am

The only other thing I remember in that area was a gift shop.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:15 am

There was a small gift shop and some restrooms back by the attraction exit in some kind of bazaar set up, then I believe there was a small splash pad near the entrance with a lego station of some sort.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!