Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1411: Universal's Aventura Hotel Media Event report
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby bobbie68 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:57 am

PennStater wrote:Aren't all rides at Universal pretty much the same these days? Put on some glasses, sit in a thing, watch some stuff on a screen. :roll: I still love Universal, but this seems to be the trend and it's a little sad.

Hi a lot of people agree with this, especially on all the other forums I am on. I kind of felt that way too the last year or so. Universal is still one of my favorite theme parks to visit.
However, with all the new information coming out with the new HP coaster in IOA I think they are on a different track now. I hope this is the start of new ride types coming in the future.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Invertalon » Thu May 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Yes, trust me, exciting things on the horizon! The days of 3D glasses are over for the foreseeable future.
-Steve

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby PennStater » Thu May 03, 2018 12:10 pm

^ I sure hope you're right... that sounds promising!
~ Lifetime Kennywood, Sandcastle, & Idlewild season pass holder! ~
Co-Owner of Kennywood Connection
Kennywood Rides team member since 2009 (August - December)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby CoasterLover » Thu May 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Invertalon wrote:Yes, trust me, exciting things on the horizon! The days of 3D glasses are over for the foreseeable future.

I hope your right. Though I'd imagine that if/when they ever replace Earthquake on the Studio Tour in Hollywood that they likely would try and port something similar to Orlando (similar to what they did with Kong and FatF). Hopefully that won't be for a while because it's nice having the practical effect heavy Earthquake on the Hollywood tour...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Invertalon wrote:Yes, trust me, exciting things on the horizon! The days of 3D glasses are over for the foreseeable future.

All I know is that whatever "family coaster" is replacing Dueling Dragons better be a worthy replacement! That new ride has a pretty high bar to live up to!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 pm

robbalvey wrote:

All I know is that whatever "family coaster" is replacing Dueling Dragons better be a worthy replacement! That new ride has a pretty high bar to live up to!

Amen to that!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby AUWent » Thu May 10, 2018 10:50 am

So I'm surprised no one posted this yet. Very happy to see them announcing an original house this early:
https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/dead-exposure-patient-zero-hhn/

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby necoastergp » Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Uhhh....it was, 2 pages ago.

jedimaster1227 wrote:The Universal Orlando Resort has announced the next themed maze coming to Halloween Horror Nights this year... Dead Exposure: Patient Zero!

I'm excited to reveal the second haunted house coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2018. This fall, fear will infect you in a brand new house that lives within a world of a fan-favorite from our past: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero.

The original Dead Exposure house shook guests to their core. Easily one of the most terrifying houses we’ve ever had—you entered complete darkness with only bright flashes revealing the zombie horde surrounding you.

We’re bringing back that same terror. But this time, we’re dropping you in the middle of Paris in 1982. The city of lights has gone dark as chaos spreads, unchecked. Hordes of vicious, flesh-eating undead are swarming the streets.

Dead-Exposure-Patient-Zero-Skulls.jpg

The military is forcing those not affected into quarantine and a vaccination is being given. It’s the only chance to ward off the sickness but there are major side effects… blindness.

You’ll be lost in the darkness as the undead hunt you. An attack can come from anywhere. You don’t have to remember the original house, to understand this single truth: They will find you.

This is our first original house announced for this year’s event. We’ve got even more haunted houses and scare zones to announce for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. This year’s event will take place on select nights Sept. 14 through Nov. 3.

Bookmark the blog for updates and click here to grab the special Flex Ticket offer that gives you an extra free night of scares. You may want to hurry though, as this offer is only available until June 6.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

I Love Donkeys!

Postby AUWent » Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Ah, my mistake. It got lost amidst the posts about F&F. Definitely far more exciting to discuss than a ride that's getting really bad reviews, IMO.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Tue May 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Im hearing some scuttlebutt about a new gravity group coaster going into Jurassic Park close to the old Triceratops Encounter site, any merit to this? Any activity in the area? I know many years ago there was a smaller wooden coaster in the plans for IoA. With white lightning and mine blower being big hits I do hope this is true.

Also seems like Orlando May be updating JPRA but NOT go for a Jurassic World overlay as seen in Hollywood which I’m also hoping is the case. I believe if they ever get the third park going perhaps we will see some Jurassic world additions there. I kind of like the thought of two varying river rides between Orlando and Hollywood. Fingers crossed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!