TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

I'd like to think of this ride as a "placeholder" for other bigger projects they'll be having at some point. What this looks like it fulfills is being a modern people-eater attraction with a similar ride system that's seen at their other park, Islands of Adventure, that almost anyone can enjoy (though that 40"-48" supervised height requirement is a little funky).

In a revised Timeline, Diagon Alley already replaced San Francisco and Universal's HR buildings entirely, and Jaws still exists. Fast and Furious is just being completed in the space that Terminator occupied, which closed in 2015. The third Bill and Ted movie was announced early last year and the HHN show was never cancelled. Dragon Challenge had a limited period of non-dueling but has since been restored due to Universal's loose article policy. A 3rd gate with Super Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Dreamworks, Nick Jr, Classic Horror Monster, Game of Thrones, and Fantastic Beast properties has already been announced for opening in early 2021. Volcano Bay was actually built in the space between kidzone, men on black, and the back of the property near portofino and hard rock. You can use bus or water taxi transport to get there, or walk. Kong was built the same, I guess lol. But with more animatronics.

*sigh* I really wish this was reality.

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced the next themed maze coming to Halloween Horror Nights this year... Dead Exposure: Patient Zero!

I'm excited to reveal the second haunted house coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2018. This fall, fear will infect you in a brand new house that lives within a world of a fan-favorite from our past: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero.

The original Dead Exposure house shook guests to their core. Easily one of the most terrifying houses we’ve ever had—you entered complete darkness with only bright flashes revealing the zombie horde surrounding you.

We’re bringing back that same terror. But this time, we’re dropping you in the middle of Paris in 1982. The city of lights has gone dark as chaos spreads, unchecked. Hordes of vicious, flesh-eating undead are swarming the streets.

Dead-Exposure-Patient-Zero-Skulls.thumb.jpg.b7501a18a1676a426ab1e9651146c327.jpg

The military is forcing those not affected into quarantine and a vaccination is being given. It’s the only chance to ward off the sickness but there are major side effects… blindness.

You’ll be lost in the darkness as the undead hunt you. An attack can come from anywhere. You don’t have to remember the original house, to understand this single truth: They will find you.

This is our first original house announced for this year’s event. We’ve got even more haunted houses and scare zones to announce for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. This year’s event will take place on select nights Sept. 14 through Nov. 3.

Bookmark the blog for updates and click here to grab the special Flex Ticket offer that gives you an extra free night of scares. You may want to hurry though, as this offer is only available until June 6.

I'm just gonna place this here.... [youtu_be]
[/youtu_be]

OK...? Not sure if you mean this will be the new Harry Potter coaster, you're not giving us much to go on. If you do, then you're wrong I'm afraid as none of the supports on site match up with this. It's more likely to be an Intamin swing launch coaster as there is a spike and the supports are obviously not for inverted track.

^I was told by a pretty reliable source that the coaster replacing the Dragons was going to be this type of coaster. I made sure to ask him for the manufacturer and coaster type just to be sure. He says they are making the official announcement on Memorial Day so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he's as reliable as I believe that he is. I just received this 'leak' maybe an hour ago.

^I was told by a pretty reliable source that the coaster replacing the Dragons was going to be this type of coaster. I made sure to ask him for the manufacturer and coaster type just to be sure. He says they are making the official announcement on Memorial Day so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he's as reliable as I believe that he is. I just received this 'leak' maybe an hour ago.

We don't even need to wait to see if he's reliable

The coaster is already appearing in plain sight and it is not a Mack inverted coaster. I would rather believe my own eyes than an unreliable anonymous source repeating a months-old rumour. Sorry!

orlandoparkstop.thumb.jpg.c5a6002fc5fc23e656233ad39bd50a48.jpg

Image: Orlando Park Stop

themeparkcrazy.thumb.png.47ee2ebcdcdb1e77966900845e2b6fa3.png

Image: Theme Park Crazy

For the past two days TPR was part of the media event for the newest attraction at Universal Orlando - Fast & Furious Supercharged! In addition to this new ride, we also got to experience Voodoo Doughnuts and see a preview of Aventura Hotel which is opening this August. We've got a TON of pictures to show you, and hopefully you were following along as we live tweeted all the fun, but here is what the attraction is all about...

Universal Orlando guests can step into the blockbuster franchise and straight into the heart of the Fast & Furious films right alongside the Fast & Furious crew – including Dom, Letty, Hobbs, Tej, Roman and Mia – all played by the series’ superstars.

During the experience, guests will:

- join up with the Fast crew as they feel what it’s like to step into their favorite Fast & Furious film;

- immerse themselves in an authentic recreation of the Fast & Furious crew’s warehouse headquarters – filled with actual props, iconic scenes, authentic details and supercharged vehicles from the films;

-ride with the family and crew as the films’ soundtracks pump, vehicles flip, rockets fire – and the action builds;

- and check out more than a dozen of the supercharged cars from the films – including some of the ones driven by their favorite characters.

Fast & Furious – Supercharged is the next attraction at Universal Studios to feature the new Virtual Line system. Guests can select a time to ride via the Official Universal Orlando Resort Mobile App or at kiosks located near the attraction entrance, and then enjoy other experiences throughout the park until it’s their ride time. Guests can also access a special mobile experience for Fast & Furious – Supercharged on the Official Universal Orlando Resort Mobile App while inside the attraction, including messages from Mia and the rest of the family, character bios, quizzes and more.

This attraction is NOW OPEN in the San Fransisco section of Universal Studios Orlando. Check out the photos below to see what it is all about!

FuriousA.thumb.JPG.7183ab49439de98dc7f77617581489af.JPG

We are checked in at the beautiful Cabana Bay Beach Resort and ready for some fun!

FuriousB.thumb.jpg.426d77639a42f2b8bc03708d84242ac0.jpg

Our first stop is the newly opened VooDoo Doughnuts!

FuriousC.thumb.JPG.ecdd1781984ea6d353cd274106da7c20.JPG

OMG! So many yummy choices! They all are calorie free, right?

FuriousD.thumb.JPG.d8fc4ee0083f76d0cbc640ef95fa51c2.JPG

We chose the EVIL DOUGHNUT! I wonder why... ;)

FuriousE.thumb.JPG.8eb24e2cb4c3a9ebcecfc218d4301005.JPG

The opening ceremony was awesome - and their mascot was brought to life for the first time!

FuriousF.thumb.jpg.7c50823ee4a869dddbf6dea633185e19.jpg

Love the theming inside of the store, tons of fun details.

FuriousG.thumb.JPG.b168ea77e2202ffba4077f5d7367ab35.JPG

We then headed to Sapphire Falls Resort to see a preview of the new Aventura Hotel, opening this August!

aventura.thumb.jpg.5f8b2f793f0ac8696a0bce4a75ead1f1.jpg

Believe it or not, this hotel is going to be priced similarly to Cabana Bay!

FuriousI.thumb.jpg.a274ff2a4653780dc157d772be891057.jpg

OMG! This rooftop bar will be the hottest place at Universal.

Aventurabar.thumb.jpg.e922f97e91f9397ec2d5df0d4bb528fd.jpg

And this view at night.. WOW.

FuriousK.thumb.JPG.d765816509cb15c5c0dad6474bf76da3.JPG

Time to try some of the food from the resort. These were AWESOME!

FuriousL.thumb.JPG.fa14bb0b684dd6dcf5042f0cc20bdb30.JPG

And home made gnocchi might be my #1 favorite new thing.

FuriousM.thumb.JPG.abbfe780287a0709b4a604e2df75e9f1.JPG

Time to finish off the night at this familiar place...

FuriousN.thumb.jpg.728d09314981367aa8f3059db5cff20f.jpg

... to see the visually stunning new nighttime show, The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle.

FuriousP.thumb.jpg.b970e7091a26a7d8ccf9c6ae84144aa6.jpg

And with that note, night #1 is in the books! What a finish!

Day #2

2FuriousA.thumb.JPG.c91b49c03a8c2461118e7526779ec33b.JPG

We are back for night #2 and our first stop is the backstage event space where we will learn more about the creation of the ride!

2FuriousB.thumb.JPG.389c45ce6126152ab57fcfb656a6819f.JPG

The Universal Studios Creative executives told us all about the design process and the changes from the Hollywood version.

2FuriousC.thumb.JPG.a88289a4ceae4d8287f61fd7f946cb67.JPG

Then we headed over to the San Francisco area of the studios for a BBQ and the grand opening celebration!

2FuriousD.thumb.JPG.9848da73c92c6da30ca8ce291b1e03c1.JPG

What is in every F&F movie? CORONA!

2FuriousE.thumb.JPG.0f39b45ab7b27fa9d688f173018bce76.JPG

"Tuna on White Bread, No Crust" is what Paul Walker's character ordered in the first movie... iconic!

2FuriousF.thumb.JPG.b9770f695bb229ffdf74664273bae53b.JPG

These pies on a stick were so much fun!

2FuriousG.thumb.JPG.1868468ed4f9866e4f2b6cd5166188d0.JPG

HUGE crowd for the opening event!

2FuriousH.thumb.JPG.46af3ca27f8694d57546ce228daa396a.JPG

The party begins with the amazing Academy of Villains dancing to music from the F&F movies. AWESOME!

2FuriousI.thumb.JPG.290cd5f6e3f619bbf5b5a5f8d70299af.JPG

Wait... what is that? Why are those cars down the street?

2FuriousJ.thumb.JPG.c3c100a48177913c5a6691d5ce3df205.JPG

Holy Crap! A Car chase right in front of us!

2FuriousK.thumb.JPG.9752a20386a24cc52411cbc9fcb6f48b.JPG

OMG! They are headed straight to that building!

2FuriousL.thumb.JPG.36135ff9b271264a280a6ff9d7ba4f55.JPG

And straight through it. WOW!

2FuriousM.thumb.JPG.0329661293d02d32d3859cd93044f01d.JPG

Vin Diesel and some of the other stars come on stage for the grand opening ceremony!

2FuriousN.thumb.JPG.855555c3aca1bbb3aefcaaf2b8f972bd.JPG

They don't have the key to the gate, but they can blow it up!

2FuriousO.thumb.JPG.8b1a7d7d9867b0693a2ce1a2849b6299.JPG

Family - together again!

2FuriousP.thumb.JPG.e3d7ea55e557cfc1d38b1216b5accbbc.JPG

I'm gonna fan boy out for a minute... seeing Academy of Villans up close and personal when its not Horror Nights? Yes Please!

2FuriousQ.thumb.JPG.809acfe9ade21984ad818649cff5b69d.JPG

The queue is AWESOME! So many references to the movies. If you are a fan, you will love it!

IMG_4059.thumb.JPG.809e24f2b032c1c61f0d8424ce00d8e9.JPG

I could spend a ton of time in here.. I almost wish there was a line!

IMG_4061.thumb.JPG.e6d1b9ddf72dc577fbc492d76a0317ae.JPG

Awesome! You can get so close to all these props and vehicles.

2FuriousT.thumb.JPG.5017f456854c9c383079f02fd21bda28.JPG

There are also two pre-shows. The first is the breakroom which sets up the story.

2FuriousS.thumb.JPG.85da166499e76004879a249545244dc4.JPG

Then the war room, where you get a live feed explaining what you are about to do!

2FuriousU.thumb.JPG.02256254771131233aad056a911152a0.JPG

Time to board the party bus! No photos or videos allowed... of course.. ;)

2FuriousW.thumb.JPG.5423141f1d09bb3ffeaf122b79a744fd.JPG

What a fun event and a great night. Thanks Universal... we will be back!

Aren't all rides at Universal pretty much the same these days? Put on some glasses, sit in a thing, watch some stuff on a screen. I still love Universal, but this seems to be the trend and it's a little sad.

Time to board the party bus! No photos or videos allowed... of course..

So, what happens on the Fast & Furious Party Bus stays on the Fast & Furious Party Bus.

The view from the top of Aventura

Love the roof top terrace, but I'm scared the party bus looks a bit similar to the skull island jeep is this a similar ride?

Yes, same ride system and I believe same layout too?

Time to board the party bus! No photos or videos allowed... of course..

So, what happens on the Fast & Furious Party Bus stays on the Fast & Furious Party Bus.

The first rule of the Fast & Furious Party Bus is we do not speak of the Fast & Furious Party Bus.

Hi thanks for the report. It looks like it was a cool opening. I have read mixed reviews on this attraction and more of them are negative. We are heading down the end of June and I will try it just because it is new. I won't expect to much just try and have fun with it.

It was cool to see they had some of the cast there. I would have enjoyed that.

Aren't all rides at Universal pretty much the same these days? Put on some glasses, sit in a thing, watch some stuff on a screen. I still love Universal, but this seems to be the trend and it's a little sad.

Hi a lot of people agree with this, especially on all the other forums I am on. I kind of felt that way too the last year or so. Universal is still one of my favorite theme parks to visit.

However, with all the new information coming out with the new HP coaster in IOA I think they are on a different track now. I hope this is the start of new ride types coming in the future.

Yes, trust me, exciting things on the horizon! The days of 3D glasses are over for the foreseeable future.

I hope your right. Though I'd imagine that if/when they ever replace Earthquake on the Studio Tour in Hollywood that they likely would try and port something similar to Orlando (similar to what they did with Kong and FatF). Hopefully that won't be for a while because it's nice having the practical effect heavy Earthquake on the Hollywood tour...

Yes, trust me, exciting things on the horizon! The days of 3D glasses are over for the foreseeable future.

All I know is that whatever "family coaster" is replacing Dueling Dragons better be a worthy replacement! That new ride has a pretty high bar to live up to!

All I know is that whatever "family coaster" is replacing Dueling Dragons better be a worthy replacement! That new ride has a pretty high bar to live up to!

Amen to that!