TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

short question for you AJ, but how many ballot were completed?

It is on the first post of the thread, but for posterity's sake:

We had 366 completed ballots. A completed ballot counts when a user scrolls down to the bottom and clicks the "I'm done" button.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rob for compiling the list. Medusa Steel Coaster's surprising terrain interaction, slow final zero-g-roll, and barrel roll down drop make for a fantastic ride. However, I wonder how much those nylon wheels have effected the ride?

Quick question: Has Medusa Ride of Steel run with Virtual Reality?

Thanks Rob for compiling the list. Medusa Steel Coaster's surprising terrain interaction, slow final zero-g-roll, and barrel roll down drop make for a fantastic ride. However, I wonder how much those nylon wheels have effected the ride?

Quick question: Has Medusa Ride of Steel run with Virtual Reality?

It had VR for less than a year, but they've removed it now and I think its on something else instead (slc?)

I would personally love to see how certain coasters did by type. For instance how did the B&M inverts rank, hypers, floorless, the Intamin hypers, top launch coasters, etc since we have threads for those things on here, it would be neat to see how they did after a real poll.

I mean I could look that stuff up but I'm a lazy as*h^le so if there's a quicker way for you guys to show that awesome. If not, its really no biggie lol.

I did look up Great Adventures top 5 just for fun:

Nitro #26 steel, #32 overall

Kingda Ka #56 steel, #75 overall

Batman #113 steel, #144 overall

Bizarro #119 steel, #154 overall

Really can't understand such high praise for El Toro or Outlaw Run. Both are awesome rides, but El Toro at 1 and Outlaw Run at 4 for wooden coasters? I see Toro as a borderline top 10 wooden coaster and OR as nowhere near top 10 honestly, as I was very underwhelmed by it (maybe night rides would have changed that).

More stats!

This time, we're looking at best from each manufacturer, again based off of the combined list (because some manufacturers do wooden AND steel coasters). The manufacturers here on the list all have at least a few coasters that are at / near the top, and all of them meet our ridership requirements for ranking. If you really, really want me to do something like best Zamperla coasters, or best Soquet coasters, or some obscure list like that, well, then you really don't have a life and I feel sorry for you.

Arrow Dynamics: X2, Magnum XL-200, Steeplechase (Pleasure Beach), Tennessee Tornado, Bat (Kings Island)

B&M: Fury 325, Shambhala, Katun, Flying Dinosaur, Nemesis

Chance / Morgan: Lightning Run, Phantom's Revenge*, Steel Dragon 2000, Steel Eel, Wild Thing

Custom / in-house / unique: Cannibal, Coaster (PNE), Beast, Giant Dipper (SCBB), Space Mountain (DLR)

CCI: Boulder Dash, Shivering Timbers, Raven, GhostRider**, Legend

Gerstlauer: Schwur des Kärnan, Gold Rush (Slagharen), Fluch von Novgorod, Monster (Adventureland), Smiler

Gravity Group / Gravitykraft: Ravine Flyer II, Voyage, Mine Blower, Twister (Grona Lund), Wooden Warrior

GCI: Gold Striker, Mystic Timbers, Troy, Renegade, Kentucky Rumbler

Intamin: El Toro (Great Adventure), Maverick, Expedition GeForce, Intimidator 305, Skyrush

Mack: Helix, Lost Gravity, Blue Fire clones, Space Fantasy The Ride, Star Trek Operation Enterprise

Maurer: Winjas Fear, Winjas Force, Formule X, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Dragon's Fury

Premier: Revenge of the Mummy (USS), Mr. Freeze (SFOT), YOLOCoaster, Revenge of the Mummy (USF), Mr. Freeze (SFStL)

RMC: Medusa Steel Coaster***, Lightning Rod, Wildfire (Kolmarden), Outlaw Run, Storm Chaser

S&S: Do-Dodonpa, Powder Keg, Eejanaika, Tranan, El Loco (Adventuredome)

Schwarzkopf: Olympia Looping, Shockwave (SFOT), Lisebergbanan, Mind Bender (SFOG), Teststrecke

Vekoma: Tron Lightcycle Power Run, Big Grizzly Mountain, Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain (DLP), Xpress Platform 13

* Phantom's Revenge is considered a Morgan even though it runs Arrow trains and has sections of Arrow track.

** GhostRider was renovated by GCI but still maintains the original CCI layout.

*** Medusa Steel Coaster is the #1 steel coaster but actually placed third among RMCs in the combined poll behind Lightning Rod and Wildfire.

Edited by A.J.

Outlaw Run at 4 for wooden coasters? I see Toro as a borderline top 10 wooden coaster and OR as nowhere near top 10 honestly

You literally have Outlaw Run in your signature as your #4 wooden coaster. And I was an English major, so you know I mean it when I say literally.

More stats!

This time, we're looking at best from each manufacturer, again based off of the combined list (because some manufacturers do wooden AND steel coasters. The manufacturers here on the list all have at least a few coasters that are at / near the top, and all of them meet our ridership requirements for ranking. If you really, really want me to do something like best Zamperla coasters, or best Soquet coasters, or some obscure list like that, well, then you really don't have a life and I feel sorry for you.

Gravity Group / Gravitykraft: Ravine Flyer II, Voyage, Mine Blower, Twister (Grona Lund), Wooden Warrior

Schwarzkopf: Olympia Looping, Shockwave (SFOT), Lisebergbanan, Mind Bender (SFOG), Teststrecke

The only strange results to me are Mine Blower and the absence of Galaxyland's Mind Bender .

MineBlower was fun but I think we have a case of new car smell.

AJ - Did Mindbender at Edmonton have enough riders to qualify?

No, it did not. If it would have had enough riders, it would have been the #1 Sckwarzkopf (Mindbender at 48, Olympia Looping at 58).

This time, we're looking at best from each manufacturer, again based off of the combined list (because some manufacturers do wooden AND steel coasters.

I would like to point out that from this point forward, everything posted to this thread is inside parentheses.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it did not. If it would have had enough riders, it would have been the #1 Sckwarzkopf (Mindbender at 48, Olympia Looping at 58).

I'm hoping we will get more ballots for next year as there were a few rides that it was a shame not to officially be able to include.

I asked before but I think it got lost in the flood, do fewer voters tend to skewer the results too much in 1 direction, is that why they aren't included?

Just out of curiosity If I was the only person to ride Draken at Gyeongju World and, hypothetically I'm the kind of enthusiast who now feels superior that I have this exclusive credit that nobody else does (because we know they exist) and rank it top would it get bumped to the top of the polls?

Ironically enough with my question though, as one of the less than twelve who rated T Express, the only two coasters I put higher than it both still ended up lower on the polls (Kawasemi and Maverick).