TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

World's Tallest Swing Ride - Orlando StarFlyer - VIDEO!

Today we went out to shoot some video on the new "World's Tallest StarFlyer" in Orlando while the ride is in its testing phase. The video really speaks for itself! Comment below if you would ride or why you wouldn't ride!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be absolutely terrified, but would ABSOLUTELY ride.

still haven't made it up to SFoT for the current tallest (for another month or so), but will remedy that in June.

By then Texas Skyscreamer will be the 2nd tallest. . but will have to do until we make it back to Orlando so I can ride this guy!

is it associated with Orlando Eye? (I'm guessing they will be selling a package pass with Eye / Starflyer ?)

Looks great, wish it was up and running when we were there in December since we were literally staying 2 minutes away.

NESS is a definite sweaty-palms ride, but I'd do this one for sure. It should look awesome at night.

I would ride it, but I would definitely be nervous! I rode the first StarFlyer at Wiener Prater back in 2005 and that was quite an experience, despite that one only being around 250 ft tall if I remember correctly.

It's a beautiful and graceful looking ride, but these things scare the living shit out of me. Tried two of them that were both under 200' and almost had a panic attack on both of them.

No thanks.

+1

This literally sums up my reaction to these things. I gave them a try. Thought I was going to die from either a panic attack or a heart attack. There is NO way I could ever make it on one of these "mega" star-flyers. Nope. Nope. Nope!

It's a beautiful and graceful looking ride, but these things scare the living shit out of me. Tried two of them that were both under 200' and almost had a panic attack on both of them.

No thanks.

+1

This literally sums up my reaction to these things. I gave them a try. Thought I was going to die from either a panic attack or a heart attack. There is NO way I could ever make it on one of these "mega" star-flyers. Nope. Nope. Nope!

I think that perhaps if there was more to support you and there were OTSR's, I "might" feel more comfortable and not as susceptible to falling out.

I did the two Star Flyers and have ridden three different Windseekers. While the views are great, I would much rather get the same views from the top of a coaster, drop tower or ferris wheel. Sounds strange, but I feel way more secure in those.

My biggest fear would be getting stuck at the top of one of these things 3-400 up - I would literally freak the f%ck out!

Quick question for my fellow nerds out there:

Is this ride *really* 450 feet? As in, is the structure itself 450 feet, or do you swing at 450 feet and the structure is even taller than that? There seems to be a very large difference in height between the top of the spire and where riders swing, so I just thought I’d ask and see if anyone knew.

Either way, it’s terrifyingly high and the views look fantastic.

Quick question for my fellow nerds out there:

Is this ride *really* 450 feet? As in, is the structure itself 450 feet, or do you swing at 450 feet and the structure is even taller than that? There seems to be a very large difference in height between the top of the spire and where riders swing, so I just thought I’d ask and see if anyone knew.

Either way, it’s terrifyingly high and the views look fantastic.

The structure is 450'. Similar situation with the models in Texas (400') and NE (410') which both swing riders around at approximately 350'. It looks like this ride will swing riders very close to 400' and should be amazing.

As I tweeted on TPR, I'd only ride this if I could say, "Gee, the people down there look like ANTS!"

But getting real, I would ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO give this world's tallest StarFlyer a try.  It's probably as close as I'll ever get to flying without a 'fuselage' or medication!

Alice ("Take one Dramamine and Fly.")