TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

RailBlazer looks sweet - the track is pretty much complete and now they are working on the rock wall/theming, queue path and station. I got some pics of RailBlazer from different angles - here they are.

Those are some cracking pics! Definitely a visually stunning ride. The narrow track also makes it looks a lot taller than it really is. I'm really curious to hear the first reviews of these rides, and I hope we see a lot more of them in the coming years.

I was at Silver Dollar City today and someone was wearing a Steel Vengeance T-shirt when neither the ride nor the park have even opened yet this year. Things happen.

I wonder where they got the Steel Vengeance shirt when Cedar Point isn't even open yet for the season. Which Cedar Fair parks are selling Steel Vengeance shirts? Or is someone selling fan made shirts online?

Cedar Point was selling them during Halloweekends last year in some of their gift shops I believe.

This is true. I asked the person where they had gotten the shirt given the Cedar Point wasn't open yet and they looked at me kind of stupid like: "Really?" He said he had gotten it last year.

I obviously knew where the shirt came from but I was not under the impression they were selling them last year.

^ Yes, Cedar Point was selling them in the fall. They tend to start selling merchandise for upcoming attractions early to get people excited... and make a few bucks. Did they not have Railblazer shirts back in the fall?

I didn’t go to CGA last year but Knott’s didn’t have any HangTime shirts last fall.

RailBlazer looks sweet - the track is pretty much complete and now they are working on the rock wall/theming, queue path and station. I got some pics of RailBlazer from different angles - here they are.

Those are some cracking pics! Definitely a visually stunning ride. The narrow track also makes it looks a lot taller than it really is. I'm really curious to hear the first reviews of these rides, and I hope we see a lot more of them in the coming years.

Thanks! I’ll be there to ride it when it opens, if not opening day then as soon as I have an available day to go up there, and I’ll take plenty of pictures and report back here on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at Silver Dollar City today and someone was wearing a Steel Vengeance T-shirt when neither the ride nor the park have even opened yet this year. Things happen.

I wonder where they got the Steel Vengeance shirt when Cedar Point isn't even open yet for the season. Which Cedar Fair parks are selling Steel Vengeance shirts? Or is someone selling fan made shirts online?

Cedar Point was selling them during Halloweekends last year in some of their gift shops I believe.

This is true. I asked the person where they had gotten the shirt given the Cedar Point wasn't open yet and they looked at me kind of stupid like: "Really?" He said he had gotten it last year.

I obviously knew where the shirt came from but I was not under the impression they were selling them last year.

I was one of those people who bought a Steel Vengeance shirt during Halloweekends. It's so damn comfortable, I've been wearing it all the time to bed. I wore it to SDC as well but it was too cold to not wear a hoodie (mine happened to be a Lightning Rod hoodie).

Envying your guys' weather right now. It snowed here last night and we're less than two weeks away from KI opening.

Every time I see these they look so fake. Looks like something off a 1990's play station roller coaster game. The track is just so thin and shapless. Makes the whole ride look so much taller then it really is!

Man, it's going to suck to see this thing and not be able to ride it this weekend. We just may have to take a flight to Texas (never been to Fiesta Texas...) to ride this later in the year instead and visit a new park some weekend. This one looks better though, for sure, with all the theming in place. Will add a lot to the experience, no doubt.

I’m very interested to see how well operations go on these Raptor coasters. I watched a video of Wonder Woman doing continuous three-train testing, and it looks pretty smooth with the continuous loading station. I wonder how different it will be with Railblazer, since this one won’t have the moving station as far as I know.

I do, however, prefer Railblazer’s colors, theme, and name. That black and green train is going to look so good flying over orange track.