The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby dylanreich » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Maybe they turned it back on. Maybe... ;)
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm

SFMMFan76 wrote:In today's email, I received the newest Six Flags Magic Mountain Park Announcements (March 21-April 8). The following for Apocalypse was in the email. Why are they promoting the special effects (fog and fire) that no longer work? LOL

They have to compete with Wicker Man at Alton Towers. Otherwise people aren't going to care about riding Apocalypse anymore, since Wicker Man does the exact same thing but better.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 pm

I remember not too long ago (about a year), I was doing one of those online guest surveys they send out. In the survey, they mentioned rides such as Terminator: Salvation, Atom Smasher, and Grinder Gearworks. In the final section where I could post additional comments, I wrote, "It's tough to take your survey seriously when you don't know the names of your own rides." :lol:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 pm

^ Those answers are actually very important. They exist as flags for people who aren't paying attention to the survey. Helps to ensure someone who just enters strongly agree to every question doesn't skew the results.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:04 pm

MagicMountainMan wrote:I would bet good money that nobody on the marketing team is even aware that the fireball on Apocalypse hasn't worked in a few years.

Marketing for the park is just baffling to me most of the time...

Marketing was too busy coming up with the worst flat ride name possible.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:In today's email, I received the newest Six Flags Magic Mountain Park Announcements (March 21-April 8). The following for Apocalypse was in the email. Why are they promoting the special effects (fog and fire) that no longer work? LOL

It’s horrendous photoshop jobs like this that remind me of the happiness Six Flags provides in so many different ways. :lmao: Thanks for the laughs! I hope some unsuspecting person out there actually believes this wooden ride gets torched with impossibly close flames when you fly by lol.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:05 am

I doubt the mailers are even created by sfmm marketing team. Likely outsourced by corporate to a company that does all the parks.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Six Flags Magic Mountain has sent us a press release announcing the debut of DC SUPER HEROES Drop of Doom VR, which will soft open tomorrow starting at noon with its official opening on Monday!

Drop of Doom VR logo.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain—in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment—today announced a new, extreme virtual reality experience coming to one of the world’s tallest and fastest drop tower rides. For a limited time, guests can experience the new DC SUPER HEROES Drop of Doom VR. Thrill-seekers will don special VR headsets to view the action as SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN battle their nemesis, LEX LUTHOR, while plunging 400 feet at speeds up to 85 mph. DC SUPER HEROES Drop of Doom VR is slated to open to the public today.

“As the world leader in ride innovation, Six Flags is taking virtual reality to the next level by leveraging the unique thrill of one of the world’s tallest drop towers and adding an epic virtual battle of good versus evil,” stated Six Flags Magic Mountain Park President, Neal Thurman. “Combining the most iconic DC Super Heroes, Wonder Woman and Superman, with state-of-the-art technology, DC Super Heroes Drop of Doom VR delivers an awe-inspiring new thrill for spring 2018.”

When anxious riders buckle into their floorless seats and strap on their VR headsets, they are immersed into a 360-degree virtual world where they are unwittingly invited by DC Super-Villain, Lex Luthor, to test the newest LexCorp levitation technology. Among the highlights of this intense, interactive storyline:

• Lex Luthor levitates riders with his anti-gravity ray gun and they begin to float upward, rising high above the skyscrapers;
  • Wonder Woman and Superman dash to the rescue and an epic battle ensues high in the air over Metropolis;
  • Wonder Woman clashes with an army of flying LexBots while Superman is in fierce combat with Lex Luthor; and
  • High in the sky, the battle spins out of control and riders fall a thousand feet—straight down, to the city streets far, far below.

Riders must be at least 48” tall to ride DC SUPER HEROES Drop of Doom VR, and at least 13 years old to experience VR. Six Flags Magic Mountain launched their very first VR coaster experience in 2016 on The New Revolution.

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2018 Season Passes and Memberships are currently on sale. Members can now enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skip-the-line passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions.
Drop Of Doom VR - key art.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 9.22.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 9.22.36 PM.png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:36 pm

You have got to be kidding me...

*deep breaths*
*contain anger*
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:40 pm

awesome idea!! especially for a not as popular attraction like this one!!
Last edited by Mr. Corn on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:43 pm.

PreviousNext