TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip report: Fiesta Texas, 3/04/18

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Bert, for a fun and colorful journey through Fiesta Texas. Very interesting what you said about Batman being a "totally different ride" once you pulled the restraints all the way. Some of these coasters ought to come with instructions!! "How-To's" on the best way to ride! (Hey! Someone should come out with a book: "Ways to Ride the World's Most Challenging Coasters!") Kind of like some of the ski area guides that tell you about getting the most out of each of their trails.....an insider's guide. I love that kind of stuff.)

Alice

in Sangerfest Hall, after eating lunch.

They are doing some construction outside behind us. .i'd guess a new outdoor beer garden, since the beer booth is over on that side.

I'm actually betting that the Carousel is going to go there on the side of the Sangerfest Hall (in Spassburg), across from the kiddie teacups, in the space that used to be the outdoor seating.

You are correct! The park president confirmed the carousel will be next to Sangerfest Hall.

The old shade structure will be re-used as part as the queue also.

Ha! I just thought of it.....

Wonder Woman's Spaghetti Challenge!

I mean, really. Elmo and Grover would love it, LOL!

As for Wonder Woman Golden Shower Coaster....plplplplpl!

Ha! I just thought of it.....

Wonder Woman's Spaghetti Challenge!

there IS the only Pizza joint in SFFT right there at the entrance to Wonder Woman.. but they don't sell spaghetti.

sounds like an opportunity to me!

in Sangerfest Hall, after eating lunch.

They are doing some construction outside behind us. .i'd guess a new outdoor beer garden, since the beer booth is over on that side.

I'm actually betting that the Carousel is going to go there on the side of the Sangerfest Hall (in Spassburg), across from the kiddie teacups, in the space that used to be the outdoor seating.

You are correct! The park president confirmed the carousel will be next to Sangerfest Hall.

The old shade structure will be re-used as part as the queue also.

cool.. I'm glad my logic holds (tho the old shade structure seemed to have been torn down. . maybe they just put it in storage while they worked on the pad).

it means the First Aid will either be moving, or they are gonna be pretty hidden behind it tho.

as noted above, too bad they couldn't find a place to squeeze it in behind the bar-b-que place across from the waterpark entrance. that area really does need SOMETHING there to make up for all the dead space when the waterpark isn't open.

Nice report, Bert...definitely hope to get to this park eventually and we'll for sure let you know so that we can meet up with you and Nick!

absolutely!

Thanks, Bert, for a fun and colorful journey through Fiesta Texas. Very interesting what you said about Batman being a "totally different ride" once you pulled the restraints all the way. Some of these coasters ought to come with instructions!! "How-To's" on the best way to ride! (Hey! Someone should come out with a book: "Ways to Ride the World's Most Challenging Coasters!") Kind of like some of the ski area guides that tell you about getting the most out of each of their trails.....an insider's guide. I love that kind of stuff.)

Alice

glad you enjoyed the report, Alice!

LOL. and you're right (and funny point) on the idea of a "tricks to riding" book.. . someone should do one

....there IS the only Pizza joint in SFFT right there at the entrance to Wonder Woman.. but they don't sell spaghetti.

So make it a basic spaghetti, or spaghetti and meatballs, there. Easy! And Wonder Woman-Approved!

....there IS the only Pizza joint in SFFT right there at the entrance to Wonder Woman.. but they don't sell spaghetti.

So make it a basic spaghetti, or spaghetti and meatballs, there. Easy! And Wonder Woman-Approved!

no balls allowed on Paradise Island

(sausage either). . . hehehe

Golden Lasso just looks like a complete singled railed mess and I LOVE IT!!! It still looks unreal. RMC is the future. Hopefully in the next coming years they'll start making the T-Rex variants.

Aside from that, awesome trip report! Fiesta Texas is definitely a park on my list to check out once I'm set free from the chains of grad school lol.

Golden Lasso just looks like a complete singled railed mess and I LOVE IT!!! It still looks unreal. RMC is the future. Hopefully in the next coming years they'll start making the T-Rex variants.

Aside from that, awesome trip report! Fiesta Texas is definitely a park on my list to check out once I'm set free from the chains of grad school lol.

It really is worth a visit.

I realized my TR has no pics from the West side of the park.. (here are some pics from a TR I posted back on 12/26-12/27, you'll see pics of Iron Rattler and Roadrunner Express from that side of the park).

if you go during the Summer Months, Fiesta has a very decent waterpark as one of the "lands" included as well over on that side.

IMG_3061.thumb.JPG.5cf50ea639c9cfc95c68b9d92a8d898e.JPG

IMG_3061q.thumb.JPG.57a34395b4668d79854d2648440e3b2a.JPG

IMG_3061z.thumb.JPG.95411367bba1dbc3bdde424edb138600.JPG

IMG_3064.thumb.JPG.4fa9a47e5f36abd4db53f82da601a4fe.JPG

IMG_3065.thumb.JPG.fadfd6772e0a57c918826dff642e642b.JPG

IMG_3067.thumb.JPG.33f6b40c41d73e536f4c36c631a84b28.JPG

IMG_3068.thumb.JPG.73310118ce19cb3c95bd74356cb38458.JPG

IMG_3069.thumb.JPG.89360bd8a76151583a3d9767e214b277.JPG

IMG_3070.thumb.JPG.5d844d79e5b2779c2b4cc00323a6af8e.JPG

IMG_3073.thumb.JPG.aafc84f59a45fdc9dddddca2c4140577.JPG

I saw you mentioned Wonder Woman is delayed, till when?

zero signage updating anything.

it was scheduled to open 3/3, and it did not, therefore "delayed"

I think it will open in the next couple of weeks, but that's just my opinion, nothing official, and nothing told to me about that.

Thanks for the pictures. I'm excited for WW to start testing. As weird as this may be, I hope it has a nice sound to it.

well, Goliath and Poltergeist both have "sounds". . tho Poltergeist was VERY muted the other day.

so won't surprise me if Wondy makes noise