TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

I wonder if they'll work Catastrophe Canyon into the new design plans, or just tear it down altogether?

Or just leave it as SBNO? The right side of the concept art doesn't really show anything over in that area.

Three Future Arendelles. Well maybe two, for now.

Arendelle-05.jpg.f54ded85dacad92b3a43525e3f5015ef.jpg

A01 - Designed for Tokyo Disney Sea but now, it's possibly/probably not happening.

NewStuff03.thumb.jpg.67ccf4a7a963e31759ab4168634f0908.jpg

A02 - Designed for Hong Kong Disneyland. And scheduled to open by 2020. Hopefully.

dlp-announcement_feb-27-2018a.thumb.jpg.d0e43dde37b07b056e806b6456ecd609.jpg

A03 - The new Arendelle for DP-WDS. Scheduled for.....?

If anything, I'd say the fact that there being two confirmed lands themed after Frozen only bolsters TDS possibilities. Splitting costs amongst three different resorts means all three are cheaper overall.

That being said, i do hope that all three have their own uniqueness about them. But it does seem that this Paris version will have the most room to play with.

So if I am not mistaking, there are some attractions that will be removed or replaced. We know that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will get an Iron Man theme and that CinéMagique will be replaced with a Marvel stunt show. But the attractions that I am missing in the art concept are:

- Moteurs... Action! Stunt Show Spectacular

- Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

- Armageddon: les Effets Spéciaux

No loss really. All of the above attractions have dwindled in popularity over the years.

It would be nice for the Frozen area to feature a ride like Everest. It's a beautiful theme, so would be good for the whole family to enjoy an attraction in the land as opposed to just the littler ones, and be something else unique to Paris.

No loss really. All of the above attractions have dwindled in popularity over the years.

It would be nice for the Frozen area to feature a ride like Everest. It's a beautiful theme, so would be good for the whole family to enjoy an attraction in the land as opposed to just the littler ones, and be something else unique to Paris.

Guess I need to get to Paris soon to see Lights Motor Action

Oui oui oui! C'est magnifique! Paris has always been culturally (and gastronomically) a traveler's destination. It totally deserves this awesome makeover of Disneyland Paris. Will be interested to follow its progress...(and a great reason to take a future look-see in person)!

Alice

I just keep looking at all the artwork...and start drooling.

(And I hope I'll still be around, when all of this is completed and open/running.)

And that vacant spot in the upper right-hand corner of the whole concept art makes me smile,

that maybe they've got something else in mind, for a future add-on to this expansion.

But then ~ there's been a Big Vacant Spot, in Adventureland, right beside Indy Coaster in DLP, for-e-ver.

#BigHintHere

dlp-announcement_feb-27-2018d.jpg.c85b575ef01b24a21e85877a6048ae4e.jpg

Awesome that they might be adding a Swirling Aliens attraction (Left of RC Racer) in TSL. Looks like there will be plenty of room for it. (o:

Zoom Pic is from the net.

^ I'm hoping that if they're going to build a lake that big, there will probably be

on-the-water entertainment and maybe a "World of Color"-like show at night.

My view of the lake there and the two films represented on the other side of it,

immediately makes me think it's like a World Movie Showcase, lol.

With Star Wars and Frozen. So far.

Edited by Nrthwnd

From what I'm reading online: Yes for the Swirling Aliens attraction coming to Toy Story Playland, yes for the night-time show on the lake, and probably yes for some new attractions in the Magic Kingdom as well!

I do hope they use some of the expansion money to spruce up Production and Animation Courtyard as well. Those fake facades on the main street seem to be gone in the concept art which puts them on the right track.

Backlot is the most boring-looking area in the park so it getting a full Marvel makeover is excellent.

It would be very nice, in or around that space where Catastrophe Canyon is, that the Indiana Jones Adventure could end up.

(After all the other stuff was built and running, of course.)

And the Raging Spirits coaster right beside it, just like at Tokyo DisneySea!

So......just dismantle and transplant the Indy Jones Coaster from the Magic Kingdom

to this new spot (and reverse it like at TDS, including the theming), leaving a

HUGE SPACE available in Adventureland for an E attraction unique to Paris' MK...?

Just an idea. Me and my Blue Sky-ing. No hurry.

P.S. Since there appears to be space around the lake for (at least) 5 more "Ports" (?),

maybe they should consider something that is a franchise to France, in family films?

Unfortunately, Tin Tin is not French, but that's what I mean about a French "Film Land."

And I think Ratatouille is fine where it is, and would be more at home in the "Pixar Land"

that's proposed for expansion.

Too bad Asterix has already been done.

DSIndyRaging.JPG.0c7629a0ab0334b8003f705666349801.JPG

Apart from this being an overhead view of them at TDS, the two attractions could fit quite nicely on the right side of that proposed lake. (o;

Pic from the net.

As popular as Toy Story Midway Mania seems to be in Orlando/Cali/Tokyo I'm kind of surprised that attraction hasn't been built at the other properties, especially considering Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Paris are all now building/have Toy Story themed sections. I wouldn't be surprised if Midway Mania ended up being added to the Paris Studios park addition since we know these concept arts are always subject to change.