SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 32: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer contract extension!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:36 am

rezzyk wrote:Joel Manby is out!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 am

:angel: :angel:
DirkFunk wrote:
sfkk wrote:Yes, it was awful that Dawn died in that accident but people are acting like everyone that ever worked with a trained, domesticated Killer Whale was in great danger.

Imagine that there was a piece of equipment your wife, partner, or mother worked with had killed people in the past. Their employer limited the information about that in order to get them to use the equipment, and it wound up malfunctioning, leading to their death. Do you think you'd make comparisons to automobile fatalities and chalk it up as bad luck?

the public does not have a choice but to drive an automobile.

Actually, it does. Lots of people don't drive their own cars, especially in the few cities with real public transit. If you buy a car that is defective in such a manner that someone is maimed or killed, there's liability for the manufacturer. There's also liability for construction companies that they construct roads and signage in an appropriate fashion that it doesn't fall on your vehicle, that guardrails don't have systemic failures that lead to them impaling your car and you, or that your car rides on pavement that isn't complete garbage intended to defraud tax payers.

You enter a job with a Killer Whale and don't know of it's inherent risks, that's on you. My Father was a crop duster in the Delta of Arkansas and had two crashes. One from a wind shear event while landing that I witnessed and one from an engine failing. Yet, he still flew afterwards. People make choices on what to do all the time that may endanger them. Swimming in the ocean is fraught with risks from jellyfish to sharks. If someone takes a job as a trainer with killer whales and don't think there is a chance to die well...................

Blackfish WAS deceptively edited and full of misinformation but like all things these days there's one's belief and the inability to waiver from it in spite rational dissemination. It was the one thing that cause me to lose all respect for CNN due it it's financial stake in the hit piece.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 am

http://www.seaworldinvestors.com/news-releases/news-release-details/2018/SeaWorld-Entertainment-Inc-Announces-Leadership-Transition-Plan/default.aspx

1.jpg

SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS), a leading theme park and entertainment company, today announced that it is initiating a leadership transition plan. With improving operating and financial performance trends along with substantial progress in enhancing the strategic positioning of the Company's mission-driven brand, the Company's Board of Directors and current President and Chief Executive Officer, Joel Manby, agreed that this is the right time to identify a new CEO as the Company enters its next phase of intensified focus on execution and growth.

Under the plan, current Chief Parks Operations Officer, John T. Reilly, has become interim CEO succeeding Mr. Manby, who has stepped down. Current Chairman of the Board Yoshikazu Maruyama – a 22-year veteran of the global theme park and entertainment industry – has become interim Executive Chairman until a permanent CEO is appointed by the Board, at which time Mr. Maruyama will resume his position as Chairman of the Board of Directors. These changes are effective immediately. Mr. Manby has agreed to assist the Company to ensure a smooth transition.

Donald C. Robinson, Lead Independent Director, said, "The Board agreed that this transition plan is the right approach to advance the Company's progress and create value for all our important stakeholders. We know John will be an excellent leader in this new role and we thank Yoshi for taking on this additional interim responsibility to ensure a smooth transition. Finally, we want to express our deep appreciation to Joel for his leadership and contributions as CEO."

"Over the past three years, Joel has worked tirelessly to strengthen SeaWorld's position as a company that combines entertainment, education, and its important mission to protect marine life and the oceans. Our improving fourth quarter and positive year-to-date trends give us confidence that the steps we have taken position us well for 2018," Mr. Maruyama said.

"John Reilly is a highly experienced operator with decades of theme park experience and a demonstrated ability to improve performance and drive growth through disciplined execution. In addition to serving as Chief Parks Operations Officer, John has served as Park President of SeaWorld San Diego and Busch Gardens Williamsburg, among other roles and has been with the Company for over 32 years. He knows SeaWorld well and understands our opportunities. With one of our most compelling lineups of new rides and attractions, new pricing plans, and comprehensive new sales, marketing and communications initiatives, we are confident we will maintain and accelerate our current momentum under John's experienced direction. The Board and I believe my industry experience complements John's, and so I will be available to him as a resource in this interim period," Mr. Maruyama continued.

"I am so proud of this Company and all we have accomplished to position SeaWorld for continued success by providing fun and truly meaningful experiences that connect our guests to the natural world," said Mr. Manby. "John is an ideal choice to lead the Company, and I feel confident that I leave SeaWorld in incredibly capable hands. I look forward to continuing to work with Yoshi, John, and the entire Board during the transition."

The Board of Directors has engaged a leading executive search firm to assist in the search for Mr. Manby's successor.

Additional Background on John Reilly

John T. Reilly was appointed as the Chief Parks Operations Officer of the Company in April 2016. His role has operational oversight over all of the Company's theme parks. Prior to that, Mr. Reilly served as Park President of SeaWorld San Diego from 2010 until April 2016 and Park President of Busch Gardens Williamsburg from 2008 to 2010. Mr. Reilly has held other positions of increasing responsibility with the Company since 1985. Mr. Reilly serves on the board of trustees of the Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from The College of William & Mary.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 am

John T. Reilly has become interim CEO

Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 pm

ElvisLuv wrote:You enter a job with a Killer Whale and don't know of it's inherent risks, that's on you.

All animals offer equivalent risk? Fascinating.

My Father was a crop duster in the Delta of Arkansas and had two crashes. One from a wind shear event while landing that I witnessed and one from an engine failing. Yet, he still flew afterwards.

If he made repairs to the plane which had both accidents, sold it or had someone else fly for him, didn't provide any information about the accidents to the purchaser/pilot, and the wings fell off, your father probably would have been sued. So that's the actual equivalency.

Meanwhile, Mamby did so well, SeaWorld lost $117 million dollars last year, saw dropping attendance again, is apparently set to cut another $25 million in costs, and has been replaced by someone from a bankrupt Chinese real estate company being investigated for corruption. Everything is great.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 pm

I said, As well as Lance from Screamscape said that it was a bad idea for the chain to go public.

Glad money turned the chain from a 3rd tier (Under Disney/Universal) to a bottom tier (Below Six Flags)

For a company that makes over a billion dollars a year and over $300m in EBITDA, I wanna know where the money is going? Some thoughts:
- Low Cost for Dining Pass
- Busch Gardens Name
- Leasing the land under SeaWorld San Diego

My wish: The company take a page out of Six Flags and add ride(s) to every theme park every year. No more off-years.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Glad money turned the chain from a 3rd tier (Under Disney/Universal) to a bottom tier (Below Six Flags)

By what metric? I'm as frustrated as anyone about the budget cuts (especially at Busch Gardens Tampa) but that's a bit strong. :lol:

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:22 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Glad money turned the chain from a 3rd tier (Under Disney/Universal) to a bottom tier (Below Six Flags)

By what metric? I'm as frustrated as anyone about the budget cuts (especially at Busch Gardens Tampa) but that's a bit strong. :lol:

DarKastle?
Six Flags leaves rides open (Even during the low points of Premier/Shapiro), Adds rides (Don't think I'm biased but a 100ft Larson Looper sounds cooler than VR Simulator), Doesn't leave rides SBNO for years, Doesn't replace rides with "Events areas", and overall seems better managed.

Seriously Six Flags America's 2018 addition is better than Busch Gardens Tampa's addition.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Are you high right now?

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Six Flags leaves rides open (Even during the low points of Premier/Shapiro)

Great Adventure alone removed ten rides when Mark Shaprio was at the helm. Ten. In addition, they left Houdini's Great Escape standing but not operating for the entire 2008 season for budget. This is just one park.

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Adds rides (Don't think I'm biased but a 100ft Larson Looper sounds cooler than VR Simulator)

In the 3 seasons prior to that simulator they added two adult roller coasters and they applied for a 300 foot height variance next year. The park getting the Larson looper you just mentioned got a Joker clone and a dark ride. Those are extremely comparable, and a lot of people might prefer the Busch Gardens additions to the Six Flags ones.

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Doesn't leave rides SBNO for years

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Doesn't replace rides with "Events areas"

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Seriously Six Flags America's 2018 addition is better than Busch Gardens Tampa's addition.

And Busch Garden's Tampa's 2014 and 2016 additions are each better than anything at Six Flags America period except "maybe" Superman.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Good point. But they have gone downhill for the last several years.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!