TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mmmmmmmmm... Burger.

^ Yeah, things I've read and seen in regards to food advertising is pretty trippy, sometimes out and out gross, LOL!

I do get a kick out of all the plastic food displays I've seen in Japan. Those are amazing, and some times the food

actually comes out looking like what's on display in front, heh.

1566713473_ResizeofIMG_2930.JPG.f5846d69f3ab9a8a76f64091f1f33709.JPG

Speaking of plastic food displays in Japan: Tokyo Disney Sea! Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

^ yeah, well from what I saw (we had the clam shell sandwiches back then, I remember),

of others ordering them, the pizzas didn't look too bad. Actually, we thought they

looked much better than the plastic ones on display, lol.

636782960_ResizeofIMG_2972.JPG.bc4891afd000670887f7c195178cfc11.JPG

What we had back in July, 2013. "Clam Shell Burgers".

• 2 weeks later...

This just in! The new Jimmy Buffett musical, Escape to Margaritaville, just opened on Broadway, and

http://www.broadway.com is doing an Opening Night Game about... all things...Burgers! Here's the rather long link...

https://www.broadway.com/videos/158448/cheeseburgers-on-broadway-guess-famous-burgers-with-the-cast-of-escape-to-margaritaville-on-opening-night/

Escape2017.jpg.2ee0e514a9f16fa792f0cbc4ef862433.jpg

I'll do everyone a favor and try to shake that green burger image out of our heads now that St. Paddy's Day is over.

Last weekend, Michael and I went to a local restaurant called Guppy's and I ordered their Chipotle Burger, which is a 1/2 lb burger cooked to your liking (med.rare for me), with pepper jack cheese, LOTS of crispy bacon, topped with their own creamy chipotle sauce.

My only beef (pun intended) is that I didn't order a side cup of the chipotle sauce for dunking my steak fries.

Soooo good, but I still have yet to have a burger as good as the ones that I tried at Allen Burger Venture in Buffalo. I would give this bad boy a 4 out of 5 stars.

20180318_162615_resized.jpg.fd0bcad81f3b9173518d1bf6e319286e.jpg

Mmm...chipotle burger.

^ That looks very nice, Phil. And yes, Don't Forget EXTRA SAUCE Next Time, lol!

Last week, we did take out from a downtown Fatburger, after seeing an afternoon movie.

We used a Groupon Coupon, so we saved some $$ and it was awesome good, of course!

http://www.fatburgercanada.com/

Fatburger01.JPG.201e24fe76439e55b02fbe65629c18aa.JPG

First sign of quality: fries' grease soaking into the bag.

Fatburger02.JPG.e012bb757cc0690d03f98d74de6c84eb.JPG

Out of the bag and onto our "festive dinnerware." Yeah, we're not that picky about what we eat food, on.

Fatburger03.JPG.f9561ea82a8944ff26493291c2d6c93a.JPG

Napkins of Quality.

Fatburger04.JPG.05159d06ca2e984f2ba9c79dfa18cf85.JPG

Out of the foil (burger w/cheese&bacon), and into our guts! YUM! Excellent fries, too.

Can't say that I have ever tried Fatburger, Bill...what gives it any type of different flavor than say a Whopper or Quarter Pounder?

Last Sunday, Michael and I went to another "local" restaurant about a half hour from here. The restaurant is called Pine Junction - Tavern In The Pines, and it is literally out in the middle of nowhere. Had it not been for the small signage, you would likely pass it and think that it's just someone's house/farm!

My burger of choice for this day was what they called the Backwoods Burger, which is 1/2 lb Angus with melted Swiss & Provolone cheeses, "Kreeper Sauce" and deep fried pickles on a sub roll.

I honestly had no idea what Kreeper Sauce was, but decided to try it anyway. Turns out it was only on half the burger and tasted like A1 sauce mixed with burger grease (wasn't a fan).

I was interested in the deep fried pickles on there because I like them on their own as an appetizer. But they really didn't add much flavor to the burger and instead only contributed to the grease factor with the batter on them. I will stick to regular pickles if I have them on a burger from now on.

While the presentation looked great and the spiral cut steakhouse fries were refreshingly different (as well as delicious)...the burger was a bit of a disappointment, TBH.

20180325_154245_resized.jpg.90b2654d000924dfbe20c1ffb67d0c06.jpg

3 out of 5 stars for being too greasy and for simply not having enough flavor for my liking. I would have ranked it 2 stars, but I'll go with 3 because of the spiral cut fries. ;-)

Can't say that I have ever tried Fatburger, Bill...what gives it any type of different flavor than say a Whopper or Quarter Pounder?

It's more messy, lol. And juicier than either of those burgers.

And more messy. And their fries are awesome, too.

Chicken Alfredo Burger?! I mean... Don't get me wrong... I LOVE Chicken Alfredo... and I LOVE a good burger... But I feel like these are two things that should never be combined!! Plus... How messy would it be to eat?!

1489675877-delish-chicken-alfredo-burger-2.jpg

....I may have went a little overboard on the cheese....

You can never go "overboard" with (too much) cheese on your burger!

It's a probable Official Burger Law I would surmise.

...Last week, we did take out from a downtown Fatburger, after seeing an afternoon movie.

We used a Groupon Coupon, so we saved some $$ and it was awesome good, of course!

Repeating The Above, this evening. Our second Groupon coupon, used. Only no afternoon movie seen, this time.

Darnit we love Fatburger!

FatBurger05.JPG.1b57aaeedc3505d32aab163fc92045a5.JPG

I lied. Here's pic of what's going into the microwave, after being de-aluminized, lol.

^ Yes, but I'm sure with all the microwave "activity" surging through that burger,

I'll probably be sure to bite the dust in several years or so.....when I turn....70?

Not the best thing to do do, and I would rather have re-heated the burgers up

in the oven, like I did the fries. But it was still good.

P.S. The burger itself was cooked on a regular grill at the restaurant, NOT in a microwave, lol!

http://www.fatburgercanada.com/

^ This has got to be some kind of April Fool's thing.

A bit late, but still.

Isn't it??? Love the last line, though: "Coming soon...maybe."

Edited by Nrthwnd